First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nice, if you put a bar across maybe you can use quick release pins to get the hood open if you had to.. I have my air compressor in the engine bay so I went with a front mounted rack.
I'm also planning to install the under hood air compressor and want to keep the option of opening the hood. Dig your setup
Sponsored

zilstershiner

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler, 2007 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice, if you put a bar across maybe you can use quick release pins to get the hood open if you had to.. I have my air compressor in the engine bay so I went with a front mounted rack.
I’m loving the setup in your profile picture. I think I’m gonna go with something similar hitch mounted in back.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This would be against the law in almost every US state. You can't obstruct your front view on public roads.

As much as I hate breaking down my roads, these days it's rare to see 1-piece rods due to shipping costs. So my rods are all 2-piece. So I just plan to break them down and put them in the back facing forward.

Or, since I have a soft top, I may do something with straps to hold the rods (broken down of course, we do surf fishing here on the beach so we have LONG rods) under the soft top bars

OP
OP
MVBB

MVBB

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This would be against the law in almost every US state. You can't obstruct your front view on public roads.

As much as I hate breaking down my roads, these days it's rare to see 1-piece rods due to shipping costs. So my rods are all 2-piece. So I just plan to break them down and put them in the back facing forward.

Or, since I have a soft top, I may do something with straps to hold the rods (broken down of course, we do surf fishing here on the beach so we have LONG rods) under the soft top bars
The other idiotic thing about the holder which goes across the hood is that you CANT OPEN THE HOOD - which is where most air compressors are installed. I don't have rods which can break down. I was also hesitant to put them on the roof (soft top), or if I had the top down (in case of rain and need to put top up quick). I also like the front bumper mount, but I typically have to go down narrow roads with a lot of low hanging branches. Having the end of the rod tuck as close to the roof as my setup has is best for me. Obviously every situation is different.

broncoBlake

First Edition
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I thought this group may want to see version 1 of my remake for the rod holder. Right now it’s bolted onto the Trailrax bracket but looking to do a quick release so it can be easily removed to access the compressor. First, going to paint it in some rhino liner and then get some new rod holders, these don’t work too well.
Ford Bronco Fishing Rod holder B89A11F3-3141-45C3-8768-20D9EF4D15CE

Sponsored
OP
OP
MVBB

MVBB

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I thought this group may want to see version 1 of my remake for the rod holder. Right now it’s bolted onto the Trailrax bracket but looking to do a quick release so it can be easily removed to access the compressor. First, going to paint it in some rhino liner and then get some new rod holders, these don’t work too well.
You have to mount the trailrax pointing outward or you cant open the hood.

OP
OP
MVBB

MVBB

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It also looks like you have the OG bolts that came with the trailrax mount. They are going to rust. You need to contact them and have them send you the new stainless bolts for free

broncoBlake

First Edition
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It also looks like you have the OG bolts that came with the trailrax mount. They are going to rust. You need to contact them and have them send you the new stainless bolts for free
Yeap I have the new ones too. Just the first pass, I’ll end up putting the new ones on, still have some Things to finish up

broncoBlake

First Edition
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

hahhaah thanks! Yeap realized that after we took the photo as we were disassembling everything. Good catch.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored
OP
OP
MVBB

MVBB

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
nice quick release!

Pixel R

Outer Banks
First Name
Pixel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tacoma 2016
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I used the trailrax mount and mounted a rod holder to it.
It was like.... really easy.
Plus it looks like I have cannons mounted to my hood.

Any better rod holder mods?

Hello, i just want to know, where did you get bracket?
Sponsored