Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I use some small bungees as well to hold them.

They'll work with most fishing rods. It's the reel that may cause an issue. Baitcasting reels for example. Some folks have reported their baitcasting reel didn't seat all the way down, it stuck up a bit. It could still work, but the bait caster prevented it from seating all the way in the opening. Again still worked just not as good as a spinning reel

Sponsored

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

@4x4TruckLEDs.com Is there an active Bronco6G coupon for this?

Need to order this for IBSP in NJ.

Pretty sure I saw that cactus gray outer banks you put a pic of on the beach with this and I came here directly haha.

Will be going on the braptor. Double kit with it mounted as a single on each side.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Much appreciated!

It’s getting cold here in Ohio so I’m prepping for ice fishing on Chautauqua lake this winter and figured I’d spend some time getting my set up ready for PA trout in April.
It appears almost any spinning set up will fit, not super snug fit so I would definitely use a small bungee as well. Put a 6ft spinning set up and an ultralight as well and both fit fine.
Ford Bronco Fishing Rod Holder Solution from KR Off-Road | NOW SHIPPING A3763E39-1BD4-4F30-8B6B-7DE99BEFC0ED

Last edited:

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It appears almost any spinning set up will fit, not super snug fit so I would definitely use a small bungee as well. Put a 6ft spinning set up and an ultralight as well and both fit fine.

Ford Bronco Fishing Rod Holder Solution from KR Off-Road | NOW SHIPPING A3763E39-1BD4-4F30-8B6B-7DE99BEFC0ED
Where do you put the bungee?

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@4x4TruckLEDs.com Is there an active Bronco6G coupon for this?

Need to order this for IBSP in NJ.

Pretty sure I saw that cactus gray outer banks you put a pic of on the beach with this and I came here directly haha.

Will be going on the braptor. Double kit with it mounted as a single on each side.
Use the coupon code in my signature

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Where do you put the bungee?
We left an opening in the bracket so you can attach a bungee. I like to just wrap the bungee around the rod holder once to SNUG it down. Then I wrap it around the reel handle as well to also snug it down. Then attach it to the mount again.

Works well. Helps stop the rod from flapping in the wind. Keeps it tucked in so the rod's not sticking outwards from the vehicle either.

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Use the coupon code in my signature
Thanks! Just ordered the double. Cant wait to use this.

We left an opening in the bracket so you can attach a bungee. I like to just wrap the bungee around the rod holder once to SNUG it down. Then I wrap it around the reel handle as well to also snug it down. Then attach it to the mount again.

Works well. Helps stop the rod from flapping in the wind. Keeps it tucked in so the rod's not sticking outwards from the vehicle either.
Any chance you can take a photo of this haha. Want to ensure I dont have the bungee cord slapping the hood.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks! Just ordered the double. Cant wait to use this.

Any chance you can take a photo of this haha. Want to ensure I dont have the bungee cord slapping the hood.
Already picked/packed/shipped :)

Ford Bronco Fishing Rod Holder Solution from KR Off-Road | NOW SHIPPING 1666809159135

Ford Bronco Fishing Rod Holder Solution from KR Off-Road | NOW SHIPPING 1666809167856

I'd recommend bungees with a plastic end. Mine are metal and i've scraped mine from using them a few times (but that's also why we make our brackets from Stainless steel, so even if you scratch the powder coating, they won't rust)

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Already picked/packed/shipped :)

Ford Bronco Fishing Rod Holder Solution from KR Off-Road | NOW SHIPPING 1666809167856

I'd recommend bungees with a plastic end. Mine are metal and i've scraped mine from using them a few times (but that's also why we make our brackets from Stainless steel, so even if you scratch the powder coating, they won't rust)
Wow. Talk about customer service!

Thank you sir

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hence the canopy bungees I mentioned above.

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like exactly what i wanted.

Any whistling on the highway when driving without rods?

How does the long surf rod behave in the holder when driving on the beach? Does it bounce around or hit the roof?

just placed the order. Thank You for the discount code. I’ll post pictures this spring when i head to Island Beach State Park.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anything on tap to hold a pair of 6’ oars for my dinghy? I wouldn’t want them over the body since they are usually dripping with salt water after I row in from the mooring.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anything on tap to hold a pair of 6’ oars for my dinghy? I wouldn’t want them over the body since they are usually dripping with salt water after I row in from the mooring.
Assuming those are decently light, why not lash them to the spare?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Assuming those are decently light, why not lash them to the spare?
Not to hijack this thread too bad, but I was considering building an oar holder that bolted to one of the chase light/license plate relocation brackets on the spare tire. Something that used a clamshell bracket secured by a lever could work. I don’t want something on the trailer hitch because I’ll need to open the rear door.
Sponsored