Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Came here looking for answers and seems that I’m not alone. Lights turning on on their own and coming back to lights being on after parking.
Yep. Mine did it intermittently since delivery in March, but maybe a couple times a month. However, I'm 3 for 3 in the last three days. I get to work at 7:30am and shut down as normal with the light in the auto position. The first day, I noticed they were on and chalked it up as one of the random occurrences. The next day, exact same thing. The third day, I made sure I turned my switch to "O" before getting out and verified that the lights were off. When I got back in at 5:00, I heard the "doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo" chime and knew that the lights were on. Once I started the Bronco, I looked at the light switch and none of the lights were lit up - nothing was orange, all were black. When I turned the dial counter clockwise, it took a few clicks for the bottom orange light to illuminate, then it rotated normally through the other modes until I got to O.

When I get in after work today, I'll have my phone out and camera recording to try and capture what I'm seeing.
This is the exact same thing I’m experiencing. Nothing in the light switch is lit up but door is dinging and lights are on. I didn’t have an issue until around 2 weeks ago and now it’s an ongoing problem. No battery issues yet but definitely a little concerned about coming back to a dead battery.
Sponsored

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep. Mine did it intermittently since delivery in March, but maybe a couple times a month. However, I'm 3 for 3 in the last three days. I get to work at 7:30am and shut down as normal with the light in the auto position. The first day, I noticed they were on and chalked it up as one of the random occurrences. The next day, exact same thing. The third day, I made sure I turned my switch to "O" before getting out and verified that the lights were off. When I got back in at 5:00, I heard the "doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo" chime and knew that the lights were on. Once I started the Bronco, I looked at the light switch and none of the lights were lit up - nothing was orange, all were black. When I turned the dial counter clockwise, it took a few clicks for the bottom orange light to illuminate, then it rotated normally through the other modes until I got to O.

When I get in after work today, I'll have my phone out and camera recording to try and capture what I'm seeing.
Of course, I was ready and nothing. Damn things were actually off. :rolleyes: I'll start paying attention before getting in so I can try and capture it on video.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just an update for this issue, Ford released a new SSM this morning:

SSM 51166 2021-2022 Bronco - Headlamps Turn On By Themselves When Vehicle Is Off - DTC B1533

Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles may exhibit a condition of intermittent headlamp operation while the vehicle is OFF and have diagnostic trouble code (DTC) B1533 stored in the body control module (BCM). This may be due to the internal logic within the headlamp switch. To correct this condition, replace the headlamp switch (service base PN: 11654). Refer Workshop Manual, Section 417-01.

Emily

Big Bend
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford released the issue to the dealers 10/31. Check with your dealer. I have an appointment to get the light switch replaced. They have the switches in stock. I'll let you all know if it works.

Griffstar07

Base
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base, Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford released the issue to the dealers 10/31. Check with your dealer. I have an appointment to get the light switch replaced. They have the switches in stock. I'll let you all know if it works.
Hi Emily,

Have you had the chance to get your switch replaced and if so, did it make a difference? I have an appointment on the 14th.

Sponsored

Emily

Big Bend
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi Emily,

Have you had the chance to get your switch replaced and if so, did it make a difference? I have an appointment on the 14th.
my appointments tomorrow 11/10. we'll see

ByeByeJeep

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 and 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok, so it’s not just me then. 2022 with a 6/2022 build date does this, so I’m guessing this can impact just about any Bronco out there

Griffstar07

Base
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base, Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok, so it’s not just me then. 2022 with a 6/2022 build date does this, so I’m guessing this can impact just about any Bronco out there
It seems to happen on Broncos with the simple light switch, ie those that don’t have factory fog lights. If you notice, most people complaining about this have the lower trim levels like Base, Big Bend, etc. Most. Hopefully the new switch fixes the issue. We should be getting reports back any day now.

ByeByeJeep

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 and 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It seems to happen on Broncos with the simple light switch, ie those that don’t have factory fog lights. If you notice, most people complaining about this have the lower trim levels like Base, Big Bend, etc. Most. Hopefully the new switch fixes the issue. We should be getting reports back any day now.
mine follows that theory. A Black Diamond with the HD modular bumper

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The supposed "new" switch didn't get released until The last day of October.

Sponsored

ByeByeJeep

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 and 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does the vehicle at least protect its battery like many modern vehicles, where when the lights are left on, they auto shut off in 10-20 minutes?

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does the vehicle at least protect its battery like many modern vehicles, where when the lights are left on, they auto shut off in 10-20 minutes?
I believe the auto shut off is 60 minutes.

ByeByeJeep

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 and 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I believe the auto shut off is 60 minutes.
Sheesh! That’s a long ass time! Service visit scheduled. I’m not going to procrastinate with this one

ToddLabbq

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When my lights randomly turn on, they are only on for 10 minutes then turn off. Confirmed with my garage camera.