Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone have experience (good/bad/ugly) with Flashcal? Ease of use vs Forscan? @StickerFab has a bunch and was thinkin of getting one.

909BD84D-5396-4F10-896B-36F0812FBE0E.jpeg
Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Following

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i feel like this is basically an easy button for forscan.

a forscan cable is 50-70. app is free (or purchase for $12)
this is 200.

or buy this that does one third of the changes for 3-4x the cost. only benefit is you can't mess it up. not sure what happens when ford changes configs and how this device is updated.

OP
OP
mtap

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i feel like this is basically an easy button for forscan.

a forscan cable is 50-70. app is free (or purchase for $12)
this is 200.

or buy this that does one third of the changes for 3-4x the cost. only benefit is you can't mess it up. not sure what happens when ford changes configs and how this device is updated.
Is it exact same features? Does one have more programming capabilities?

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s extremely easy to use and a good choice if you don’t want to mess with forscan. The only thing that threw me off was changing the tire size. It’s a few more steps then with the other settings.

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FORScan Bronco Working Spreadsheet (double honk, sport mode, chimes, seatbelts, and more!) | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

looking at it i think they are comparable. the feature link above outlines the changes via forscan.

-Speedometer adjust for Tire Size 28.25 – 36.75”
-Fog Lights: enable “Bambi Mode” for simultaneous use of fog lights with high-beams
-Headlamps Position Setting: option for headlamps to return to “Auto Lamps” or remain at last known position
-Auto Lights Delay: duration headlights illuminate after driver exit, 0, 5, 10, 20, 60, or 120 s.
-Daytime Running Light disable or enable
-TPMS Disable, for off-road wheels and tires
-Independent TPMS threshold: Front and rear axles can be set differently from 1– 90 psi.
-Auto Start/Stop Disable: Remains off with every restart, and can be reenabled with the Flashcal any time
-Silent Mode: Turns off most cabin and exterior lights, and door chime with open door, ignition chime remains
-Honk Warning Disable: 2-honk warning when driver exits running vehicle with key fob
-Lock Feedback Lights: Enables OR disables hazard blink with unlock command
-Auto Unlock: Vehicle unlocks with ignition off
-Auto Lock: Disables factory setting to lock doors when vehicle is in motion
-Auto Relock: Disables factory setting to re-lock doors 45 seconds after unlocking
-Remote Unlock: Option to trigger all doors or just driver door
-Remote Start: Selects engine run time duration for 0, 5, 10, 15 mins
-Reads and clears diagnostic trouble codes
-Digital Battery Voltage Display
-Real time Data Logging
-Real Time Data Monitoring

It’s extremely easy to use and a good choice if you don’t want to mess with forscan. The only thing that threw me off was changing the tire size. It’s a few more steps then with the other settings.
agree, this is safe and easy if you aren't comfortable reading and putting digits in the correct block. you can make mistakes doing it via forscan that are impactful.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

to be transparent i did forscan. i've also helped a few local ford owners out using forscan.

using the forum thread it is super easy. i got the cable for $55. all you have to do is watch a 5m video and read the documents, install app/license, plug in, backup the registry of what you are changing, can put the correct information in a few blocks.

if you want to use it long term then pay $12.

OP
OP
mtap

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We have a guy in our group that does Forscan, but obviously have to work around his schedule. I myself am not computer savvy so i might just do the flashcal route and call it a day.

Sponsored
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Flashcal was the way I went because I didn’t want to mess with my crappy laptop and I’ve heard lots of stories about dash lights and recalibrations using forscan. The Flashcal did cost more than the forscan would have, but the ease of use and no dash lights or recalibrating was enough to sell me on it.

Tintop

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought it was super easy. I really wanted to disable the auto stop/start, and adjust the tire size. It took less than 1 minute. I only have a mac book, so didn't want to get a windows laptop and mess with forscan. I do hope that they continue to add features to flashcal.

Mcdnd03

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I used flashcal yesterday to adjust my tire size and it was very easy. For $200 you really get limited bang for your Buck. I think it could have more features such as unlocking extra modes or possibly a mild tune

uslfcfan

Black Diamond
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When you changed tire size then went back in did it remember the new size? It says that it’s saved but when I go back in it says 32 inch again. I want to be sure that it’s saved

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you changed tire size then went back in did it remember the new size? It says that it’s saved but when I go back in it says 32 inch again. I want to be sure that it’s saved
I ran into that same issue. It does save and when you go back into the menu it reverts back to the original setting.
Sponsored