JL724

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you check and see if there was space to fit the Key 500 under the dash? I've seen various builds so far where the Key 200 is mounted there. Also, do you find the Focals to be 'bright'. I had a set of their aluminum tweets in my Jeep and it was almost unbearable. Very clear, very crisp, but caused serious ear fatigue in short time, even at low volumes. I know these don't have a metal tweet, but wanted your thoughts.
I think the Key 200 makes sense to mount up front because that is where you tap into the factory harness, but for a sub amp, the trunk made more sense since I am tapping into the factory sub harness and the speaker wire needs to go to the trunk for the box anyway.

I like the clear sound of the focals, some people don't like something that bright. I don't think these will be as crisp as their high end components FWIW.
Sponsored

iBrad81

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The base stereos are probably better for upgrading purposes since you don't need the NavTV unit. One of the plug and play kits, the kicker 200.4 and 500.1 decent sub/enclosure, and a nice pair of front components and that is a great system. I would skip the factory B&O enclosure. The rattles are pretty awful stock and with an aftermarket sub are going to be terrible unless you dynamat the crap out of it.
That’s the plan, I like oem looking plus no room in the 2 door
Been in the 12 volt industry going on 20 years and started it doing audio

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great! Thanks! I didn't know I needed to upgrade my B&O System until now. Stereo system was not even on my build spreadsheet...... Until now.

Crutchfield has always been a great source for car stereo stuff. Focal Speakers should be here tomorrow.

Thanks again........ Sort of.

Great write up by the way.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good luck. I would recommend starting with the front 3 dash speakers (those were the biggest improvement IMO) but the rears are so easy to swap out, I think it's a worthwhile upgrade.
I upgraded the front dash speakers last night and it was a huge improvement and only took me 45 minutes.

The B&O sub is terrible so I'm still deciding how serious I want to get with the sub and amp upgrades. Right now I'm leaning towards the MTI enclosure and amp rack with one of my old subwoofer amps.

Ford Bronco My B&O Upgrade Experience Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 8.27.04 AM
Ford Bronco My B&O Upgrade Experience Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 8.26.29 AM

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have ordered from Crutchfield several times in the past, so I thought I would give them some more business and order the Focal 4" Speakers to go in the Front Corners of the Dash and the two speakers in the Rear Roll Bar.

As listed before, the install is very easy and straight forward especially if you have the wiring adaptors and don't want to cut the original wire harness.

With just the Four 4" Focal Speakers installed there is a nice, noticeable sound quality improvement. Sound is more crisp and clear and sounds a little louder as well. For me, with how easy this was to install with solid results, it is money well spent.

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have ordered from Crutchfield several times in the past, so I thought I would give them some more business and order the Focal 4" Speakers to go in the Front Corners of the Dash and the two speakers in the Rear Roll Bar.

As listed before, the install is very easy and straight forward especially if you have the wiring adaptors and don't want to cut the original wire harness.

With just the Four 4" Focal Speakers installed there is a nice, noticeable sound quality improvement. Sound is more crisp and clear and sounds a little louder as well. For me, with how easy this was to install with solid results, it is money well spent.
Where did you find the wiring adapters? The Amazon seller from the OP’s post is banned.

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I found mine on eBay.

OP
OP

JL724

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally wrapped up the cleanup of the sub wiring. Updated pics in my original post.

Hernandezn17

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo x
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
From my understanding with the B&o system you dont need to use the remote power? @JL724

Sponsored