Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So get this. this goes back to my previous post. It was 18 F on my way home from work today. I had the auto heat set to 67. I manually changed it to floor only, then unselected the floor, so that nothing was selected and turned the fan all the way up.

Basically only blowing from the A pillar vents, nothing noticeable from the floor. Crank the heat setting to 80+F or "high".

But...... when I set the temp to 64 F in this manual, no selection mode, the computer switched all the air to the floor. nothing coming from the chest or A pillar vents, I could actually feel the air coming out near my feet.

My problem is pure programming.

@Ford Motor Company what's the deal? My floor vents work when I trick it, it's a simple programming fix, just do it.
Sponsored

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Amcue90 - thanks for your persistence on this. We had good feet heat at -25F by setting the thermostat at 70 Friday!

Hopefully they get us a SW update soon....

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has update 3.5.4 solved this for everyone who has gotten it? Mine received that update the same night I dropped it off at the dealer for this and the transmission rattle. Curious to see if they tell me ā€œseems to work fineā€ when I get it back.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has update 3.5.4 solved this for everyone who has gotten it? Mine received that update the same night I dropped it off at the dealer for this and the transmission rattle. Curious to see if they tell me ā€œseems to work fineā€ when I get it back.
It is not fixed with 3.5.3 which is the version I am at.

If it is fixed in 3.5.4 that will be much appreciated.

Thingfish

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Area 51 High pkg - no Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really noticed it this weekend when it was -7 hereā€¦cold feet!!! The seat warmer on the other handā€¦holy hot bananas! Whoever can leave it on 3 bars is made of stronger stuff than I am.

Sponsored

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am pushing the issue with my dealership. Got the "could not duplicate the customer issue at this time" the last time I took my car in, and I picked up after hours so could not complain about it.

I went back last week and demanded that a tech come out and show me how I am supposed to get hot air flowing out of the rear vents that are under the driver's and passenger seats. They could not tweak any setting to get airflow.

So now a tech (not a Bronco tech though) has confirmed that he cannot get air to come out of the rear vents, and is referring it to the "Bronco team" whatever that means.

I am still on 3.5.3 so will be interesting if they respond back that it will be fixed in 3.5.4 or if it is something else.

Love the Bronco, but this is really irritating, especially with the 20* weather we have been having the past week. Rear seat heat is really needed.

Mike_D

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4D Bronco BD, '23 2D Bronco Base Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but the rear vents seem to work when the recirc button is pressed. Kids were loving the 60 seconds of warm air until it turns off automatically.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but the rear vents seem to work when the recirc button is pressed. Kids were loving the 60 seconds of warm air until it turns off automatically.
I will give this a try...

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will give this a try...
So the resolution was incorrectly connected ductwork under the seats.

I don't know if Ford had to remove the seats to get access, but bottom line, I have airflow from the rear/under seat vents. It isn't nearly at the level of the side window defrosters, but it is more than zero (which is what it was beforehand).

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Taking my bronco to the dealer today for this. Not expecting anything positive.

Should I just cancel the appointment at this juncture since it appears to be something dealerships cant do anything about??

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well two hours at the dealer and they said "yup, everything is working like it is supposed to"

I said "even when set to manual floor, it's supposed to blow hard out of the A pillar and dash, thus the floor only getting 50% of the total airflow?"

and they said "yup!"

They said there are no TSBs from @Ford Motor Company as of now so there is nothing they can do.

I imagine things might change this winter since it will be the first winter for a lot of new Bronco owners. Hoping something happens
Sponsored