First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took delivery of my MIC Bronco in Houston about 6 weeks ago. Went to the Texas Off Roadeo last weekend.

OK, yes, it was +100 ºF most of the day. I was surprised that the soft top seriously radiated heat into the passenger compartment like an IR heater in winter! You could turn your face up towards it and feel the radiated heat.

Huge difference between the hard top and the soft top.
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes they are friggen hot in full sun. Even here in Michigan! It’s roast the crap out of you. Glad to have the global windows to get some air moving before I hop in. It’s worth the minimal effort in sunny days to just drop the top.

2050Broncoorsomething

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im in South Tennessee and have the soft top, I use the global open to get the heat out but by the end of the street the AC is cold. It hasnt really bothered me all that much.

OP
OP
RHeinz

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im in South Tennessee and have the soft top, I use the global open to get the heat out but by the end of the street the AC is cold. It hasnt really bothered me all that much.
YES! The AC works very well.

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not surprising,black in color and thin. But A/c works incredibly well. never have been slightly warm in 100 degree heat. I point a vent right up to roof. No complaints at all. For what it is. Having said that soft top is sooooo much easier to remove or putup in a few seconds. Im glad I didnt get hard top cuz after the initial newness wore off I wouldnt be bothered to remove top especially if its in the 90s and im going to be soaked from sweat after doing it and I can do soft top by myself. Hard top not so much unless you want to damage it or take forever to do it.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I took delivery of my MIC Bronco in Houston about 6 weeks ago. Went to the Texas Off Roadeo last weekend.

OK, yes, it was +100 ºF most of the day. I was surprised that the soft top seriously radiated heat into the passenger compartment like an IR heater in winter! You could turn your face up towards it and feel the radiated heat.

Huge difference between the hard top and the soft top.
Yes, it does radiate heat inside, but what I implemented takes care of that. I have the soft top with a Bimini shade (gear shade), and in between the Bimini and the Soft top I added a 2" foam mattress and the heat and sound is sucked in and you dont even feel the heat, and the sound is dramatically reduced as well.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not surprising,black in color and thin. But A/c works incredibly well. never have been slightly warm in 100 degree heat. I point a vent right up to roof. No complaints at all. For what it is. Having said that soft top is sooooo much easier to remove or putup in a few seconds. Im glad I didnt get hard top cuz after the initial newness wore off I wouldnt be bothered to remove top especially if its in the 90s and im going to be soaked from sweat after doing it and I can do soft top by myself. Hard top not so much unless you want to damage it or take forever to do it.
NO JOKE!
I have really enjoyed the soft top. Being able to just flip it back to fully open in just a couple minutes is awesome.
It started to rain while I was out yesterday, I pulled over, flipped it closed, and finished my drive. I didn't have the rear windows, but it really wasn't a big deal, because at least I had a roof.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yes, it does radiate heat inside, but what I implemented takes care of that. I have the soft top with a Bimini shade (gear shade), and in between the Bimini and the Soft top I added a 2" foam mattress and the heat and sound is sucked in and you dont even feel the heat, and the sound is dramatically reduced as well.
Post a pick. That sounds like a great solution.

Ceramic window (limo) tint and a front window sun shade really help keep the temp down when parked outside on a hot sunny day. I ordered a hard top and settled for a soft top. So far I am really enjoying the soft top. I do feel the radiant heat.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ride most days in the hot FL sun with top up and side/back windows out. If I need AC just put up the windows. Of course a two door, which is much easier. Plus, it’s a real Bronco:)

Sponsored

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love the soft top. I never wanted a hard top as I knew I would hardly ever go topless as it's way more effort to get that way with a hard top. The wrinkled side windows do bother me.

Yeah, it's been pretty hot, but as others mentioned, global windows plus good AC helps.
One thing that is too damn hot in my opinion...... The MGV! I'm really looking forward to cloth seats in my next soft top Bronco.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Post a pick. That sounds like a great solution.

Ceramic window (limo) tint and a front window sun shade really help keep the temp down when parked outside on a hot sunny day. I ordered a hard top and settled for a soft top. So far I am really enjoying the soft top. I do feel the radiant heat.
I will take a picture of it today and post what it looks like.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just wanted to follow up on this thread to say…WOW…what a difference this 2" foam mattress pad makes to muffle the sounds from outside. Recently in Texas, the mornings are getting nice to put up the soft top as I drive into work, so I removed the mattress pad. Today as the wife and I were riding around with the top down and no mattress pad, we could hear everything. Trust me when I say, you want this mattress pad.

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does it just go back to the rear cross beam support? I'm going on a trip to Lubbock this Friday with the family and I'm planning to add some sound insulation.
Sponsored