Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello,

This forum has been amazing and I appreciate all the insight and opinions. Although this is my first post, I have been following the site for some time now. I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences with the Marine Grade Vinyl - specifically in the sun.

All the convertibles I have owned in the past including my current BMW Z3M have had leather seats. It can be an issue on hot days and has make longer drives uncomfortable. This is what led me to keep the cloth seats on my Wildtrak build I hope to receive at some point in the future - ordered 6/21.

I sat in a Badlands yesterday and was very impressed with the feel, comfort and appearance over the cloth seats. My concern is that vinyl will be similar to leather with regard to heat/sweat in top down/off situations. Am I correct in that assumption?

Thanks so much.
Sponsored

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
All I can say is a white vinyl boat seat collects a lot of sweat. Leather has some breathability to it, not sure about this marine grade vinyl. Someone in Arizona should have an idea!

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sat in mine the other day with the seat in the sun. It was hot. But then again, even cloth gets hot here when its above 110 out. I'm considering some reasonably priced cloth covers for summertime.

It's a mixed bag in blast furnace heat. Either you get swamp-ass from sitting on leather/vinyl, or the cloth seat soaks up all your sweat.

Only real solutions are cooled seats or #BringBackTheCrotchVent

Ford Bronco Marine Grade Vinyl - Summer Heat? vent

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The good news is you’ll be able to simply hose off the burnt flesh and let it drain out the rubberized floor drains.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drove a mannequin Badlands last summer that had been sitting out in the sun the whole day with the top off. This is Michigan mind you but it was 90° that day. They were warm but not nearly as bad as leather feels like. Definitely seems tolerable for sure. I love the seats they’re great

Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m in Arizona and would love vinyl for the ease in cleaning, but there was no way I was getting it with our sun and summers. I have a Mustang convertible with white leather which is manageable, and a BMW with roast leather which can be rough. My 4Runner has black cloth and it actually performs best. Vinyl, even light colors, would be incredibly uncomfortable out here, due to heat and swamp ass.

I went with cloth for my Bronco.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Over thinking this. Looks and durability wins.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We only got ours after Christmas, so we haven’t had a true test yet. We’ll find out come summer time (i.e. March). 😜

If we need to, I guess seat covers will be in our future!

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got my Bronco in October here in AZ, so still 90+ degree days. the MGV did absolutely fine..
Never got particularly hot. I have pretty dark ceramic (UV) tinting on my Bronco though so I'm sure that made a big difference. Even with the roof off, they never get too hot to sit in and driving around they seem to stay cool enough for me.

A much bigger problem is the fact that all of the plastics near the roof panels (I have a hard top) will get floppy and move around a lot once it gets over 90.

Sponsored

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not received my Bronco yet(MGV). I thought about this when ordering as I have had Jeeps and convertibles with all 3 interiors. Even cloth seats can the get the back of my shirt soaked on a hot day as all of them have heat issues when it is hot or they are out in the sun, so I went MGV because I think it will do better with water

Last edited:

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They get hot but once you sit on them, they are fine. I had my soft top back when it was high 80's in CA and it was hot. After the initial heat, they cooled down. I love the fact that they can be easily cleaned when my kids make a mess. That outweighs the heat from the sun. Not a deal breaker for me.

imabadbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW 3 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello,

This forum has been amazing and I appreciate all the insight and opinions. Although this is my first post, I have been following the site for some time now. I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences with the Marine Grade Vinyl - specifically in the sun.

All the convertibles I have owned in the past including my current BMW Z3M have had leather seats. It can be an issue on hot days and has make longer drives uncomfortable. This is what led me to keep the cloth seats on my Wildtrak build I hope to receive at some point in the future - ordered 6/21.

I sat in a Badlands yesterday and was very impressed with the feel, comfort and appearance over the cloth seats. My concern is that vinyl will be similar to leather with regard to heat/sweat in top down/off situations. Am I correct in that assumption?

Thanks so much.
I had similar issue with my BMW - then I got Wincos window tint all around the car and my seats don’t warm up much - and I live in super south Texas, it’s 85 today and 110 in summer.
Sponsored