TimmH

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've never had anyone throw stuff IN my Jeep, but I have been behind or next to (and slightly behind) people as they threw stuff out, but getting it to land IN the Jeep/Bronco would take intent or some amazing bad luck. Most throw it direct and down, so unless they throw it back and up, or you hit it and it got knocked back up and into your vehicle, the chances seem rare, or you're driving too close. :)

As for on the motorcycle, yeah, plenty of crap from people not realizing you're there or coming up much faster than they were moving. But mostly it was birds, bugs and road debris kicked up by other passing vehicles.

OP
OP
BroncOBabe2.7

BroncOBabe2.7

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've never had anyone throw stuff IN my Jeep, but I have been behind or next to (and slightly behind) people as they threw stuff out, but getting it to land IN the Jeep/Bronco would take intent or some amazing bad luck. Most throw it direct and down, so unless they throw it back and up, or you hit it and it got knocked back up and into your vehicle, the chances seem rare, or you're driving too close. :)

As for on the motorcycle, yeah, plenty of crap from people not realizing you're there or coming up much faster than they were moving. But mostly it was birds, bugs and road debris kicked up by other passing vehicles.
I guess I should have clarified that this person WAS a friend and is not any longer. He was a bit of an ***hole. I wouldn't be at all surprised if these things were happening intentionally and he just told me they were accidental to save face. Good to know that these instances really aren't that common!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've had girls jump in an old Jeep while I was stopped at a red light but never had any of the above mentioned problems. Open top vehicles are awesome, particularly ones with no doors!
Those wild and crazy Arkansas girls. Wow.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've gotten a lot of debris in my truck with the rear window open, UNTIL I found a screen window!! Hoping I can find screened rear windows for the soft top...hint hint you mfgrs!

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Had a Jeep YJ for 12 years and drove it a lot with top down and doors off. We've had Z3 for 23 years now, and I picked up another BMW convertible 18 months ago. In total about 340,000 miles on all three combined. Never have had any debris issues.

You're over thinking it.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That said, on my motorcycle? I have been hit with cigarettes, and trash, multiple times, and got blasted with a pelican shit. Average weight of a white pelican is 14lbs, just to put that in perspective...

Just this morning I got sprayed by someone's windshield washer fluid, and that happens all the time. It's probably intentional, because people are assholes. Ask me how I know. 😂
I had a bird somewhere betwheen the size of a starling and a pigeon fly into my half open leather jacket and catch a ride for about half a mile, lol. The other big hazard was going through an area near Los Banos, CA in whatever season the yellow splattering bugs are in record numbers. I had a full face and wiped clear enough of a translucent smudge to see through and see my fellow rider in a beanie, half helmet having an even worse day, lmao! 🤣

All good luck with my Mustang Convertible and JK, though.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have had multiple Jeep Wranglers, Miatas and Corvettes and drive much f the time with the tops off or down. I can't remember even once that I had such an issue.

havingfunyet

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've driven Jeeps for years with no doors or top and never had a problem other than getting rained on. A bigger issue is making sure all of your stuff is secured so debris doesn't fly out of your car.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is all hilarious to read. The art of storytelling is alive and well on Bronco6G! :LOL:

My concern are the envious douche bags and/or Jeep people (what's the difference?), for anyone who either gets a soft top or rides and parks with the top off.

Although this is Georgia and there are more guns here than in the Gaza Strip, but what I also know is that people are stupid and will try you.

Although expensive, I would strongly suggest a two way camera that can be a dash cam and view the inside of your vehicle with an LTE connection to send you updates. BlackVue is a great option.

Also goes without saying to keep the doors locked and alarm on even with top off because it may have tamper and shock sensitivity which should be a deterrent for some.

Other than that, I would never recommend topless at a mall and be careful at a restaurant if you're eating inside in an urban area.

I pray we're just overthinking things, but I'd rather see some overreactions than hear horror stories of what randoms do to our Broncos.

I really don't want to have to unload half a mag on anyone, but I will.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We've owned convertibles for years, and (knock wood) never had that problem. But full disclosure, I never, ever, leave my top down when I leave it anywhere. I do realize it's a bit different with the Bronco though. However, If you want a soft top, get the soft top. Just be aware of the surroundings when you leave it with the top off/down. And for goodness sake do not leave anything tempting in clear view.

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had girls jump in an old Jeep while I was stopped at a red light but never had any of the above mentioned problems. Open top vehicles are awesome, particularly ones with no doors!
Dude, stop giving away state secrets! 🤣

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I no longer drive my Caterham Seven without the doors on(and I’ve only once had the hood on (Queen’s English for convertible top)) after experiencing recurrent sand and other road detritus in my ear canals….but the Seven is an entirely different animal.

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have 4 auto's that are 'convertibles'. Never has debris made its way into the car while driving. You just need to be careful not to park under trees. Driving the Jeeps with the doors off you really have to secure your cargo, wallet, iPhone as they can go flying.
Sponsored