Sponsored

Fog light installation without aux switch?

BrianH

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a soft top without the Aux switch add-on. What is the best way to connect Fog lights? I have the HD mod bumper as well. Do I connect them into the primary headlight switch panel and use the fog light “push button” on the dial - pic attached.
I would also like to install the 3 mini Raptor style lights above the Bronco letters on the grill but can’t find these anywhere.
Thanks for the help

IMG_9975.jpeg

IMG_9976.jpeg
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you search in the lighting section there are plenty of write ups for adding fog lights to the factory switch

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a soft top without the Aux switch add-on. What is the best way to connect Fog lights? I have the HD mod bumper as well. Do I connect them into the primary headlight switch panel and use the fog light “push button” on the dial - pic attached.
I would also like to install the 3 mini Raptor style lights above the Bronco letters on the grill but can’t find these anywhere.
Thanks for the help

Ford Bronco Fog light installation without aux switch? IMG_9976

Ford Bronco Fog light installation without aux switch? IMG_9976
Few options

You can install one of our fog kits here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/

And then to control them you have a few options

1) Put a switch panel in. This is what we did on our demo truck (which doesn't have the upfitters either): https://www.4x4truckleds.com/truck-accessories/switch-panels/

It MIGHT be overkill if you only have a fog kit but you'll have 3 pairs of lights. Eventually you can add more

2) You can put switches right on the dash. But with a triple fog kit that's 3 switches and that's a lot of switches on the dash. BUT it's something you can do

3) You can lookup activating the factory FOG circuit via software called FORSCAN. You'll then need to use one of our pigtails to connect the factory fog wire (it's burried behind the tow hook) to your new fog lights. You also need to buy the factory switch from Ford also. That'll control 1 pair at least, you'll still need switches for pairs 2 and 3 of course.

So there's a few options.

The HD Modular bumper lets you mount up to 3 pairs of lights. You can certainly just do one with our mounting brackets and a set of lights as well but most people do 3 pairs.

OP
OP

BrianH

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks