Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On my December 23 Badlands Lux Mod bumper there are harnesses under the tow hooks on both the passenger and the driver side.

The factory connector is a Molex - the part number is etched on the female connector. The male connectors are already there as plugs. Best to use the factory male connectors and add pins to them. I depinned the pigtails out of some other connectors I read about on this forum that were "supposed" to work but did not fit correctly.

On the passenger side, there's a yellow wire and a black (ground) wire. On the driver side, there's a brown wire and a black (ground) wire. The wires have a colored stripe in them, but those are the basic colors.
Is it expecting a ground in the fog harness? I have two lamps so I was planning on taking just both the white led wires, making a Dorman pigtail with the two white led cables and other end is the male molex, So two led lights to the molex with no ground on each side. The ground cable for the lamps run up to a y connector and is grounded to negative terminal at the battery. I just want to make sure that the fog harness isnā€™t expecting a ground in the molex in order for it to work, itā€™s ground but just not at that location.
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is one harness for fogs on each side. When I turn the fog light switch on and check for voltage on the fog light harness I am not getting anything. I double checked forscan to make sure it was enabled and it is. I am wanting to see power sent before I start splicing wires.
If you donā€™t have power, then you didnā€™t turn everything on in forscan correctly. There should be power at both fog light connectors.

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you donā€™t have power, then you didnā€™t turn everything on in forscan correctly. There should be power at both fog light connectors.
I probably donā€™t know how to use my volt meter, lol

JW9423Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Each connector is for one light on each side. They share the same ground wire, but have separate power going back to the BCM.

Left side will have a Brown power wire, with a black/green ground.

Right side will have a yellow/orange power wire, with a black/green ground.
2 door, BB Sasquatch. Mod bumper, no fog light switch inside, so Iā€™m assuming the wiring isnā€™t present. How much of a pain in the ass is it to run some street legal fogs? Any help, direction, or links are appreciated.
I just installed the IAG inline fog lights. They are plug and play with the factory wiring that is on my Badlands with the modular bumper. They look awesome, easy to install and work like a champ. So this keep your aux switches open for other st
No aux switches. I knew it would make this more difficult, but here we are. And Iā€™m a fog light guy, so it is a must have. This wonā€™t be a task for me. Would the dealer be able to do this?
I installed the IAG inline fog lights. They are plug and play with the existing headlight wiring, look great and the install was easy. The hardest part (which was still easy) was peeling back the fender liner to get to the headlight connection.

focaloca95

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Ram, 2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Limited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've looked through all four major fog light threads and still haven't heard someone discuss my situation. OBX SAS Lux, and I swapped out the plastic bumper w/ factory fogs for the Mod bumper. This pic of the female connector with blue in it is what is part of my factory sensor/fog harness. The male connector is where it is connected to the plastic bumper fog light I don't need anymore. I see all of the pics of the connector that has the dummy cap on it if you ordered lux with mod bumper (but no fogs obviously), and it looks like a totally different plug. I don't want to cut the factory connector to splice and am looking for a pig tail that has the right connector to go the the female (blue) connector.

pigtail 2.jpg

pigtail 1.jpg

Sponsored

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've looked through all four major fog light threads and still haven't heard someone discuss my situation. OBX SAS Lux, and I swapped out the plastic bumper w/ factory fogs for the Mod bumper. This pic of the female connector with blue in it is what is part of my factory sensor/fog harness. The male connector is where it is connected to the plastic bumper fog light I don't need anymore. I see all of the pics of the connector that has the dummy cap on it if you ordered lux with mod bumper (but no fogs obviously), and it looks like a totally different plug. I don't want to cut the factory connector to splice and am looking for a pig tail that has the right connector to go the the female (blue) connector.

Ford Bronco Fog lights without aux switches pigtail 1

Ford Bronco Fog lights without aux switches pigtail 1
anyone ever figure this one out? I'm about to remove mat plastic bumper for a MOD and want to add lights at the same time..ty

focaloca95

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Ram, 2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Limited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@OuterJersey I was connecting raptor fogs I got and can't recall what pigtail I used for them to splice with this (see pic), but I spliced that one to this one and it allowed me to just plug in to my factory fog harness and use my fog button on the dash without cutting anything OEM.
Ford Bronco Fog lights without aux switches 1694828036921

Broncno

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I understand the the harness is not there on the broncos without the front parking sensors but that is only a short harness that supposedly connects to the main harness around the left front wheel well. I can order that harness for $70 on the Ford parts website. Does anyone that has factory fogs know where that harness connector is located? I am hoping that my main harness might just be tied up around there and I can just add the front bumper harness to gain fogs on my big bend. I did have the harness connector on my escape so fingers crossed.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Each connector is for one light on each side. They share the same ground wire, but have separate power going back to the BCM.

Left side will have a Brown power wire, with a black/green ground.

Right side will have a yellow/orange power wire, with a black/green ground.
Something you might want to check if you do have the factory fog light wires....I replaced the modular bumper on my Badlands with a Havoc winch bumper, and when I removed the modular bumper I noticed that when Ford installed the bumper, they pinched the wires leading to the fog plug between the mounting points of the driver side frame horn. The wires were bare, and crushed, and had I have had a factory fog switch and powered the fogs on it would have blown a fuse (and I would have had no idea why...had I have not swapped the bumpers). I have auxiliary switches, so I wired the fogs I added into that, and I cut off the OEM plugs and capped the ends. Make sure if you do have them that you check yours for any damage.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Something you might want to check if you do have the factory fog light wires....I replaced the modular bumper on my Badlands with a Havoc winch bumper, and when I removed the modular bumper I noticed that when Ford installed the bumper, they pinched the wires leading to the fog plug between the mounting points of the driver side frame horn. The wires were bare, and crushed, and had I have had a factory fog switch and powered the fogs on it would have blown a fuse (and I would have had no idea why...had I have not swapped the bumpers). I have auxiliary switches, so I wired the fogs I added into that, and I cut off the OEM plugs and capped the ends. Make sure if you do have them that you check yours for any damage.
No fuse for the fogs. But it wouldā€™ve temporarily shorted the FET in the BCM.
But regardless, good advice as harnesses do get pinched sometimes from factory.

I understand the the harness is not there on the broncos without the front parking sensors but that is only a short harness that supposedly connects to the main harness around the left front wheel well. I can order that harness for $70 on the Ford parts website. Does anyone that has factory fogs know where that harness connector is located? I am hoping that my main harness might just be tied up around there and I can just add the front bumper harness to gain fogs on my big bend. I did have the harness connector on my escape so fingers crossed.
Itā€™s below the left headlight, maybe just inside the fender. Should be easy to find if itā€™s there.

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No fuse for the fogs. But it wouldā€™ve temporarily shorted the FET in the BCM.
But regardless, good advice as harnesses do get pinched sometimes from factory.

Itā€™s below left headlight, maybe just inside the fender. Should be easy to find if itā€™s there.
When there is no fuse what happens if the issue is not resolved?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When there is no fuse what happens if the issue is not resolved?
Once the FET is shorted, itā€™ll cut off power like a fuse, then eventually reset after the request is no longer there. But If the issue isnā€™t resolved and you continue to short the FET over and over, itā€™ll eventually blow and youā€™ll need a new BCM.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@OuterJersey I was connecting raptor fogs I got and can't recall what pigtail I used for them to splice with this (see pic), but I spliced that one to this one and it allowed me to just plug in to my factory fog harness and use my fog button on the dash without cutting anything OEM.

thanks for the info! I wanted to have anything I may need before pulling it apart..just ordered

Ford Bronco Fog lights without aux switches 1694828036921

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once the FET is shorted, itā€™ll cut off power like a fuse, then eventually reset after the request is no longer there. But If the issue isnā€™t resolved and you continue to short the FET over and over, itā€™ll eventually blow and youā€™ll need a new BCM.
I sometimes wish for the old school days of being able to repair things with limited tools...it is nice to have the creature comforts modern electronics provide but a PITA sometimes to slay the accompanying gremlins that can spring up. If FET shorts, is there a specific code thrown that is easy to diagnose with dash indication alone or is Forscan needed to decipher it?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I sometimes wish for the old school days of being able to repair things with limited tools...it is nice to have the creature comforts modern electronics provide but a PITA sometimes to slay the accompanying gremlins that can spring up. If FET shorts, is there a specific code thrown that is easy to diagnose with dash indication alone or is Forscan needed to decipher it?
It would set a code in the BCM, but I donā€™t believe in this case it would indicate anything on the dash. You would need forscan or any similar type of code reader.
Sponsored