Sponsored

For Anyone Wanting Smoking Deals, Bronco Raptors Are About To Free Fall In Price

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Who I feel really bad for are the people over the last two years that paid $20-30-40k over MSRP for their Bronco raptor. They paid $110-120-130k for their Bronco Raptor, and just 1-2 years later it's worth $70-75k on the used market, if they can find a buyer for it.
A lot of Americans are not good with money and make terrible spending decisions just to cry about it later. People were warned on paying adm. I personally don’t feel any sympathy for them 🤷🏾‍♂️
Sponsored

KKCSHIPP

Base
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

While I see the "smoking deal" discussed here; I cannot see spending that when I can buy 10 acres of land with a small cabin on it for about $70k. It may be a little shack that needs burned down, but I think the land will outlast the long term in price than a $70-90k vehicle. Ford is playing Jedi Mind tricks on you; over-price it to start and then get you to thinking you have a "deal" when they lower the over-inflated price.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered a 2024 superduty and paid $8000 below x plan for it 2 weeks ago. The bubble for vehicles (and everything else) is losing air fast.
I am in the market for a SD. Which deal did you use? Did you use and special Ford plans? Order it or off the lot?

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am in the market for a SD. Which deal did you use? Did you use and special Ford plans? Order it or off the lot?
X plan was from former co worker from Ford, $2000 private offer from surfing build n price , and $6000 rebate from Ford canceling my
Hertitage order (originally a $4250then $1750 after I pushed back on 2021 pricing vs $4250).

Sponsored

Abramsman1

Raptor
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was a golden ticket upgrade. waited 2yrs and 7 months for mine to finally show up but my MSRP was 76k and it was only shy of 1 or 2 packages (stickers and wheels) so it was otherwise a higher end build and within 4 months of getting it they raised the MSRP about 10k and then within another 6 or 7 months another 10k. to rebuild my bronco today would be 97k. Ford absolutely nailed it with this car in every way and they also nailed it on the price....in 2022. It should not be more expensive than a F150 Raptor that has more utility, higher HP, more towing etc...

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well Ford and the dealerships finally did it, and it's not looking good. Ford raised the MSRP on Bronco Raptors over $20k in just two years, and stealerships got unbelievably greedy with ADM. Throw in high interest rates on top of that, and people finally wised up and stopped buying (or just flat out can't afford them anymore). Now there are over 1,400 brand new, not including used, Bronco Raptors listed on auto trader sitting on dealer lots. And those are just 2023 models! Now the 2024 models are starting to hit the lots.

Some dealers are asking $4k, $5k, $6k under MSRP for them now, and they are still not selling whatsoever and collecting dust at those prices. This has turned into a classic example of pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. Ford and most dealers are in big trouble, and this is just for Bronco Raptors! Look at all the other models just sitting and not selling. I will say this is not specifically a Ford issue, all brands across the board are not selling. But specifically, if you want a Bronco Raptor, you will be able to get a DEAL in the next few week and months. I don't see a way out of this for Ford unless they revise the MSRP's like they had to do with the F150 Lightning's last week and send out new and updated MSRP's that are 4-8k cheaper than they are now. And that won't include the 5-10k off MSRP dealers are going to have to knock off the prices on top of that.

The chickens have come home to roost finally for these extremely greedy dealers and Ford. Not all the dealers have been greedy the last few years, and I do feel bad for them. Me personally, I will be waiting about 2-3 months and pull the trigger on a 2023. I suspect by that time, with the combination of lowered MSRP's by Ford and massive discounts from dealers, prices will be easily 10-15k lower than they are now. How else are they going to move 1,400 Bronco Raptors especially with the 2024 models showing up as well speak? They won't unless they give HUGE price discounts. It will be a nice addition to my F150 Raptor R and Gen 2 Raptor.
I think in general the MSRP increases will eventually need to be rolled back some. The Bronco Raptor increases for sure were way too aggressive, and a two door Heritage Limited at what was a 4 door Raptor base price is just crazy too.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think in general the MSRP increases will eventually need to be rolled back some. The Bronco Raptor increases for sure were way too aggressive, and a two door Heritage Limited at what was a 4 door Raptor base price is just crazy too.
Agree Ford has lost their mind. We use to buy limited or special trim models for an added package cost, but not these crazy base MSRP ranges putting it through the roof specially the Heritage line which IMO is an appearance package deal.

Kpgarage

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"Stealerships" I am sad I didn't come up with that phrase. Well said. Accurate in every way.

DarkL1ghtn1ng

Raptor
First Name
Garett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Long time lurker here, this thread made me sign up for an account!

I have been watching the nationwide Autotrader numbers too, daily, and came to the same conclusion. If it will help, I also refresh this page daily to check incentives daily too:

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2023/pricing-and-incentives/?gnav=shopnav-io

After getting so horribly burned buying our Lightning right as the bubble burst (at least I didn't pay ADM!) I am ready to see the price of these things come back to Earth. Following!

Sponsored

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No doubt the Braptor is overpriced, and that's on top of the standard Bronco which is also overpriced. But that's true for many domestic vehicles, driven by a vastly overstated irrational exuberance by manufacturers during COVID where demand was high, interest rates were rock bottom and supply was extremely tight due to supply constraints. Somehow the otherwise smart people at GM, Ford and Stellantis interpreted that as a whole new environment for selling cars and jacked MSRP's 20, 30 even 40% over the 2019 level which was the last "normal" year for the auto market. Ford isn't alone in this area, Stellantis is sitting on more than a year's inventory of '24 RAM pick-ups and the '25 with the new Hurricane turbo six is already entering the market. As a result its not hard at all to get 15-20k off MSRP on a new '24 RAM. Ford and GM inventory's are rapidly building as well and I'd look for somilar deals from them any day now. The spike in interest rates isn't helping the situation, consumer affordability is more difficult as the monthly payments rise substantially as you approach 40k and above. It also limits the manufacturer's ability to offer incentive financing rates to move metal as the gap between the desired incentive (0% for 60 mo. for example) and the actual cost of the money on the books of the manufacturer finance arm is huge. Finally, the new UAW contracts these manufacturers just signed won't help them in lowering costs as they just increased their build cost per vehicle. I'd expect to see big rebates and incentives on just about everything from the Big 3 as they attempt to keep plants running and get rid of the exploding inventory.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
No way I'm paying 100k for a Bronco Raptor, when you can have two Bronco's!! LOL!!
No way I'd pay over 50k for any Bronco, for me they're just not worth it, the Raptor is another case of WAY overpriced for what you get.

The only reason I'm watching Autotrader is I'm thinking about adding a locker to our base but if I can get what I have in our Base($36k) and get a new 24' with the big screen and a locker for the same extra cash or close I'll pull the trigger.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My BadSquatch stickered just over 60K with the tube doors included. I'd love to trade in on a green with code orange accent Braptor, but no way is it worth nearly 50% more than my Badlands. I think the numbers from cars.com show that the higher priced trims just aren't selling - I think a lot of Braptors that were ordered with MSRPs in the 70s are now being abandoned when they arrive with an MSRP in the 90s.

Anyway, here are the current numbers for each trim available nationwide cars.com (new, not used or certified).

Bronco trims
Badlands (834)
Badlands Advanced (32)
Base (80)
Base Advanced (1)
Big Bend (1,607)
Big Bend Advanced (2)
Black Diamond (996)
Black Diamond Advanced (6)
Everglades (130)
First Edition (2)
Heritage Edition (170)
Heritage Edition Advanced (18)
Heritage Limited Edition (25)
Heritage Limited Edition Advanced (112)
Outer Banks (2,559)
Outer Banks Advanced (32)
Raptor (470)
Raptor Advanced (1,120)
Wildtrak (2,218)
Wildtrak Advanced (9)

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow, look at the delta between OBX and OBX advanced 2559 vs 32. I hope that doesn't represent the number in reality, that would be crazy if only 1.25% of OBXs were advanced 4x4. Then again I doubt that "Wildtrak Advanced" is even a thing.
Sponsored