Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just wanted to report that I switched over from a Michigan Dealer.

Difference has already been night and day.
Stephens sent me a confirmation email no more than 3 mins after I switched via Ford customer service.
this wasn't some garbage spam email that dealers send anytime you contact them - this was directly to me, in plain text, regarding my specific reservation.
when I called their accounting department to remit my payment, I was answered promptly - the lady who helped me actually knew what she was doing and was exceedingly nice.

hopefully this helps quell anyone who has fears and is on the fence.

for reference when I initially reserved at Crest Ford in Michigan, Crest immediately pestered me with garbage spam emails about "My New Vehicle Inquiry" - had no idea it was for the bronco, nor that the vehicle was yet to exist as they invited me to test drive it. Their sales department called me three days later for essentially no reason...etc...etc
And of course they were not willing to bend on price.

Have a nice day yall
Sponsored

BdubBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I switched to @StephensAutoCenter at the beginning of September, but did not get a confirmation email or request for $100 deposit. I started to get a little worried this week and went ahead and called the dealership. As you said, the lady was well informed and very nice. She explained that there must have been an internal issue that did not trigger the dealership to reach out to me right away. I strongly suggest that anyone who has switched to Stephens, but not heard from them to call.
Cant wait. Hope I get a call for "country roads to take me home" in June!

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the exact response I got as well no call Stephens today and walked through the process. I got the same email response once my two reservations were moved. It’s amazing to have a new dealer that cares and is responsive. Thank you Stephens.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Smart move Sam. Dealers like Stephens, Granger, etc. on the forum have dedicated staff to handle their Bronco reservations. Plus, they actually know about the vehicle. If all goes as planned I will drive the approx. 1100 miles to Granger to pick mine up. It will be well worth it for me.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I spoke to John at Stephen’s today (and switched my reservation), cause they are awesome And offering a great deal. In the call, John mentioned to me they had an issue with the automatic notifications they should normally receive through the system when someone switches to them. He said that everyone who switches through Ford does immediately get put into their in list of reservations but this issue means they don’t get the rapid notification which would result in them sending a quick email out. They are working on it but again, if you switch you are in their system.

Sponsored

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I should have made a post about our "issue" by now, but I was waiting to see if the "fix" has worked for new switches/reserves.... Here's the deal, we have a vendor that handles some of our notifications. One of our employees sends messages to me (CRM system). Well, that CRM has "issues" with a certain type of email (not to get too technical) and we got caught yup in the issue. So, I found a fix, applied it and it *seems* as though the issue for new reservists/switches is fixed, however, some folks were caught up in the issue and, unless I go through an EXTREMELY cumbersome way of cross referencing (trying to get that resolved is about as tough as me growing hair on top of my head (I'm bald)), we have some folks missing from our INTERNAL list. Not Ford's list, which is the MASTER LIST. If you switched, you're on their list and THAT'S THE LIST we'll be using for ordering. The internal list is just to make things easier on us here at the dealership.

Anyway, it will work out in the end. I don't like that we have some folks missing from our internal list, but there's really nothing I can do about it at this point less than running a marathon, blindfolded, with combat boots on.

/john

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for such a nice honest post about your dealings with them. My dealer has been all crickets chirping. Your approach is exactly what I plan to do. I plan to have a go at it with my local dealer once any remaining bugs are worked out of B&P and order banks actually open. I plan to share the Stephens GM dealer plan letter and see where they land. I'm willing to negotiate, not waste time, and be ripped off. From initial contact, my local dealer will have a week to provide me with a similar dealer letter or I'm out. My build is now over $50k and $8k more than I planned. I'm not in the mood to also have a dealer hold me hostage. I'm not rushing a dealer contact or order, I just need to wrap it up by the January deadline. I'm a Sept 22 reservation and will likely be repeating the process in August again anyway.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SamG

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you for such a nice honest post about your dealings with them. My dealer has been all crickets chirping. Your approach is exactly what I plan to do. I plan to have a go at it with my local dealer once any remaining bugs are worked out of B&P and order banks actually open. I plan to share the Stephens GM dealer plan letter and see where they land. I'm willing to negotiate, not waste time, and be ripped off. From initial contact, my local dealer will have a week close me with a similar dealer letter or I'm out. My build is now over $50k and $8k more than I planned. I'm not in the mood to also have a dealer hold me hostage. I'm not rushing a dealer contact or order just need to wrap it up by the January deadline. I'm a Sept 22 reservation and will likely be repeating the process in August again anyway.
No problem!

More than likely you will get the response I got from 8 Michigan dealers.

Which is "why would anyone sell these under invoice - it doesn't make any sense"

and honestly, I don't fully understand why Granger and Stephens are willing to do this - but I will take it!
Sponsored