Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I took delivery of my 2dr with MIC on 11/5/2021, build date was 10/19/2021. Sticker inside says primer applied 10/15/2021. It looks great, has uniform color, no defects, no leaks and I have 1000 miles on it in primarily rainy conditions. Its that time of year up in the PNW. No complaints and I think it will be a good top. Time will tell the truth but so far its good to go.
Like you say time will tell, but mine looks good also, mine has the primer applied 10/15, 11/5 final build (from a 7/23 DM detainee).

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why? What is wrong with the soft top? I'm thinking about switching to the soft top. Besides security issues, what are the cons you have found?
Doesnā€™t work with roof rack.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here's new base at my dealer from today. Hot off the press, hasn't even had PDI yet.

2948D5FD-230B-4739-9899-0EA0469A7380.jpeg
Ugh, these utter clowns. These incompetent buffoons. šŸ¤¬

GameWarden

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Doesnā€™t work with roof rack.
When you finally see one parked next to a hard top you will understand. A lot of people got impatient and switched to ā€œget it soonerā€. Willie Nelson summed it up best. ā€œLast night after two I went home with a 10, but at 10 I woke up with a twoā€. I saw a rag top Wildtrac parked next to a hard top Black Diamond at my dealer last week. There was no comparison to the two trucks. The Wildtrac looked cheap and just awful in comparison. The hard top will be worth the wait.

Sponsored

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the update. I also have a MIC on order. Reading all the negative comments about the top on this site, has really had me worried. I almost hope my unit doesnā€™t come in later than sooner, hoping Ford straightens out their quality issues.
I thought I was the only one stalking my dealershipā€™s lot šŸ¤£.

I also have no desire for a convertible, been there, done that. In fact, if the top wasnā€™t removable, that would suit me fine. Iā€™m waiting for the hard top, maybe the painted modular top.
Is your '22MY order in the '99' category?

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thought you 99'd it to wait for a painted hard top. Coolio
I placed my order on 3/2/21. I'm not really sure where that puts me in line. My plan right now is take delivery within the next 6 - 12 months, and then lease it for 24 months. By the end of that lease, there should be a whole host of options to choose from, including drive trains, tops and trim levels. I make plans and God laughs.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ugh, these utter clowns. These incompetent buffoons. šŸ¤¬
I'm sorry, but what exactly has you so pissed? No one on this Forum has yet to show any of the instances of an unpleasant-looking edge on the MIC top will actually cause any short term or long term problem with the top.

People are taking macro photographs of the vertical edges of the MIC top and automatically assuming it is a quality problem. It could be the edge you took a pic of meets Ford's tolerances for the MIC top and will meet the durability requirements set forth for the top design.

Sponsored

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My bd 4 door has the new MIC top. It looks really good, fits well and all lines and gaps look straight and even. I haven't contacted a dealer yet but on the upper right rear seam of the rear top, there are 2 small (approx 1" long) gaps between the inner and outer layer. Had to look close to find them. This is on the ground edge, not the rolled, they all look fine. No bubbling and these cracks are not a big problem but will need to be addressed. Freezing and thawing will cause further separation. Build date 8/03 but rear top sticker has date of 9/17. Sorry no pics but not high tech enough.

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I placed my order on 3/2/21. I'm not really sure where that puts me in line. My plan right now is take delivery within the next 6 - 12 months, and then lease it for 24 months. By the end of that lease, there should be a whole host of options to choose from, including drive trains, tops and trim levels. I make plans and God laughs.
Nice! True true... I reserved first night then canceled in December to wait for 2nd model year. Jumped back in this past March. Ordered in July (Black Diamond). Was pushed to Y'22. Attended Off Redeo Vagas location Oct 7th. Changed my order and hit the 22 order bank with a Badlands 2dr. I'm thinking I'll get a build email in Jan - Mar for the build to happen in Mar - May... fingers crossed.

BlakeD69

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad I switched back to MIC after playing delivery roulette for a month with no success.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice! True true... I reserved first night then canceled in December to wait for 2nd model year. Jumped back in this past March. Ordered in July (Black Diamond). Was pushed to Y'22. Attended Off Redeo Vagas location Oct 7th. Changed my order and hit the 22 order bank with a Badlands 2dr. I'm thinking I'll get a build email in Jan - Mar for the build to happen in Mar - May... fingers crossed.
Best of luck!
Sponsored