Sponsored

For those w/ Sync4 Module Failure, how long till replacement module arrived/fixed?

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If i'm still waiting I'm going to pick mine up November 1st. No way am i going through a beautiful Florida winter without my Bronco. I'll probably have my friend put in an F150 APIM.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PartyMarty

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This Friday will be 4 weeks for me. Glad you got your APIM. So i am assuming then that it is NOT on backorder??? I'm going between Ford Customer Service and my dealer and nobody knows anything. It's been escalated twice with no answers.
Yeah, my guess is they're working their way through the system hopefully in some sort of first come, first serve order. They aren't on back order, they're just using the ones they have to build more Bronco's than fix the existing issues... At the end of the day, Ford is run by bean-counters and shareholders.

phishphood

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Decided not to let my bronco hit the six month mark on the dealer's lot. Asked them to put the trim back on and let me know when the new part comes in.

The service advisor let me know it was ready to pick up. I drove to the shop, dropped off the loaner, and got my keys. Hit remote start on my way out the door.

When I got inside the bronco, the dang screen is on. My phone connected, music is streaming, nav works, backup camera works... Can't explain it. I'm guessing the technician putting pieces back on wasn't the same one who checked the apim.

I've got my fingers crossed that it keeps going.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only 2 months here, so I bow in sympathy to my APIM elders. 😞
My service advisor just called. My replacement SYNC 4 APIM arrived, and he scheduled me for installation on Tuesday, October 11th.

dahoneybadga

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 4dr Badlands, 22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After 4 months, my APIM was replaced on Monday! I called last Monday to get an update from the dealership and was told there was no shipping update and was still on backorder. I was frustrated and hit up Ford on Twitter. Got a response and DM'd them my info and someone from Ford called my last Wednesday. I complained that ZERO communication wasn't okay and this needed to be addressed. Magically, dealership calls me on Friday last week and says the part is ready to be installed. So, may just be coincidence but just glad it finally got fixed.

Sponsored

Tofferf

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After 4 months, my APIM was replaced on Monday! I called last Monday to get an update from the dealership and was told there was no shipping update and was still on backorder. I was frustrated and hit up Ford on Twitter. Got a response and DM'd them my info and someone from Ford called my last Wednesday. I complained that ZERO communication wasn't okay and this needed to be addressed. Magically, dealership calls me on Friday last week and says the part is ready to be installed. So, may just be coincidence but just glad it finally got fixed.
What did you tweet at them? I’m in the same boat; it has been over 6 weeks. I’ve bugged my dealer relentlessly and called ford parts but still no timeline.

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

i know this thread is a little old now but i just got the black screen of death and i'm wondering - for those of you who had this issue, did you also lose power to the front USB ports?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i know this thread is a little old now but i just got the black screen of death and i'm wondering - for those of you who had this issue, did you also lose power to the front USB ports?
I only lost power to the USB ports below the climate control units while the SYNC 4 APIM was dead. The ones on top of the dash (LUX package) continued to work.

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

update for anyone who looks at this thread in the future: mine didn't need the APIM replaced. here's what the dealership did: "perform APIM master reset and battery reset. hook up scan tool and perform guided routine. perform APIM reprogramming"

lilfergy

Wildtrak
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford C-Max energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Picked my Wildtrak up on 5-2-22.
Lux package
Back in October I had problems with radio shut of when I turned bronco off and got shutting down to save battery a few days later the interior light would not work. Called dealer made appointment. They tested battery and replaced it. On my way home from dealer dash screen went out. The next day came back on. No problems till January 20 2023. I was driving when screen went out again. Called dealer they said wait a day see if it resets there was an update to system. Called dealer back on Monday and still no screen. They took dash apart and got part number. That was a Friday on Wednesday I went to drive to work and battery was so low all I got was a few clicks engine never cranked.
so something is draining my battery in a matter of days and dealer won’t check for drain till module is replaced.
That sucks because I can’t even drive a new vehicle or get other problems fixed till this is replaced?!?!?!?!?!
What am I to drive till this is fixed? Been 40 days now and dealer said no ETA on part!

Sponsored
OP
OP
PartyMarty

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Picked my Wildtrak up on 5-2-22.
Lux package
Back in October I had problems with radio shut of when I turned bronco off and got shutting down to save battery a few days later the interior light would not work. Called dealer made appointment. They tested battery and replaced it. On my way home from dealer dash screen went out. The next day came back on. No problems till January 20 2023. I was driving when screen went out again. Called dealer they said wait a day see if it resets there was an update to system. Called dealer back on Monday and still no screen. They took dash apart and got part number. That was a Friday on Wednesday I went to drive to work and battery was so low all I got was a few clicks engine never cranked.
so something is draining my battery in a matter of days and dealer won’t check for drain till module is replaced.
That sucks because I can’t even drive a new vehicle or get other problems fixed till this is replaced?!?!?!?!?!
What am I to drive till this is fixed? Been 40 days now and dealer said no ETA on part!
Oof, that is rough! If I were you, I’d just ask for the bronco back till the replacement part comes in, because in my experience, it’ll take about 4 months to get that module delivered.

it’ll sound janky, but get used to removing the battery negative terminal, if it’s gonna sit for more than a few hours, but at least that way you can still drive it without buying a replacement battery every week.

lilfergy

Wildtrak
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford C-Max energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oof, that is rough! If I were you, I’d just ask for the bronco back till the replacement part comes in, because in my experience, it’ll take about 4 months to get that module delivered.

it’ll sound janky, but get used to removing the battery negative terminal, if it’s gonna sit for more than a few hours, but at least that way you can still drive it without buying a replacement battery every week.

I have had it this whole time it has not been setting at the dealer. But I have been having to disconnect the battery if it is going to set for more than 2 days. A bit of an inconvenience. Thanks for the info.
Sponsored