Sponsored

For those with some miles on their Bronco, do you have any regrets on trim package or options chosen?

heavyD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW X3M Competition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't have mine but the only thing I can think of that I may regret is getting cloth seats. I just looked at the condition of the leather seats in my wife's Outback and felt that cloth may hold up better but you really don't see much in the way of reviews of the cloth seats in these vehicles. I hope the cloth isn't super cheap.
Sponsored

AtomJester

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Bronco ii
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I got a 2DR BB 7speed, only went up from a base for the locker. Other options are the aux switches, sig lighting, and key pad. I have 0 regrets. For my budgets and needs it's everything I want and more. I have bigger (badlands size) tires ordered and that's probably where the upgrades will stop. Heated steering wheel seems redundant as the driver dash vents can blow directly on the wheel/your hands. I couldn't get the remote start anyway as I wanted 7spd, so there was really no need for the mid package. Also, I just don't care for leather seats. I saw an almost identical build in my town but in AMB instead of Black, but it did not have the sig lighting and made me super happy I forked over for it. I also missed out on the auto 4wheel, but my dad's F250 had issues with that after a few years, and I figured not having it equals one less system to fail. If the traction is suspect... I just put it in 4WD.

All things considered, for what I paid and what I got. I'm a very very happy camper. I'm not sure the additional features of higher trims would have been worth the increased price for me. Outside of the base, I looked hard at the Black Diamond, but I don't off-road hard, just for camping etc.. So the skid plates, mgv, etc wasnt needed and I was not a fan of the blue stitching.

I test drove the dealer's two-door base squatch, and that's the only thing I might have done differently, if I didnt want the 7spd so desperately.

TheRealJyushi

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigvalleyford.biz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Black Diamond 2 Door
2.3L Auto, Adv 4x4, Mid Package
Owned for 1 week now; 380 miles
Absolutely ZERO regrets!

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands, only wish Ford werenā€™t tards and allowed me to get a soft top from the factory instead of making me go aftermarket to avoid them gouging on their accessories site

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

900 miles on my loaded OBX. Love it. Hardtop Roof is a little loud but is what it is. Gas mileage is not stellar. Averaging about 18 mpg in Eco mode. Seems pretty damn low actually.

Sponsored

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just wish I had/could afford BD over my BB, but I'm thrilled with my ride and hope to pickup a BD one day.
Why particularly?

I feel like I'm going to be the same way, because I think I would have wanted that MGV and washout floor.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands with High Package here. Did not need the heated steering wheel and ACC. Just right and works flawlessly. 7,500 miles and clocking along.

gtx_bronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In for the responses. Very curious to leather vs MGV thoughts.
I really like the MGV, they are super easy to cleanup and are really comfortable. We will see how it goes next summer, I will likely put some seat covers on them or keep white towels to drape over the seats so they are like sitting on the surface of the sun. The little bit of warm weather in october scared me for what they will feel like in Texas in August.

kylesredapple

Base
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 F150 4x4 SB, 16 f150, 15 powerstroke,94 Honda A
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would love to hear some comments from 2 door homies about the gas tank and range. Too late for me to do anything about it but it is my only real concern.
i have a 2 door with 2.3 manual. first 2 tanks of gas I got 19mpg and a 300 mile range. all low speed local miles

Sponsored

BroncoPVC

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,Sas, 4dr, Soft Top, Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope! Love everything, but I also have a Badlands LUX, so it has all the options...

Only thing I really wanted and couldn't get was the Modular roof...but liking the flexibility of the soft top so far.
Exactly what they said!

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I really like the MGV, they are super easy to cleanup and are really comfortable. We will see how it goes next summer, I will likely put some seat covers on them or keep white towels to drape over the seats so they are like sitting on the surface of the sun. The little bit of warm weather in october scared me for what they will feel like in Texas in August.
Thank you. Iā€™ve had ā€˜leatherā€™ in Toyota and Ford. Impressed with neither. Really didnā€™t like the Softex in the 4Runner. I felt like it didnā€™t breathe AT ALL and got super sweaty. .. Iā€™m often no AC/windows down unless itā€™s brutally hot. I think I could like the MGV more than ā€˜leatherā€™.

broncoky

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR CB OBX SAS & 2000 Lexus LS400
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I offically changed my order 3 times. I ended up ordering exactly what I wanted and I suggest the same to others if you can afford it.

1. I originally had a 2DR 2.3 BASE SAS in Rapid Red with modular front bumper, brush guard, aux switches, and floor mats on order.

2. About a month later I modified the order to remove the brush guard and then added the 2.7 and door storage bags.

After attending Super Celebration East this year and going on the ride along in a 2DR OBX SAS I modified my order one last time, last minute, in mid May to the following....

3. 2DR 2.7 OBX SAS in Cyber Orange with Roast Cloth, aux switches, floor mats and door storage bags.

I got my Bronco at the beginning of October and I'm just about to hit 2000 miles on the odometer. I ended up spending more than I originally planned, but I thought what the hell I'm custom ordering a vehicle so I'm getting what I want.....

I chose the OBX trim because of the standard features (mid package, signature lighting, running boards) and color selections. I personally think the roast cloth interior is the best looking out of all and ribbed seats are so nostalgic! I also knew from the beginning that I wouldn't be happy unless I got Cyber Orange. I knew it was the color when the spy drone photo appeared giving us a real look at the Bronco for the first time. I don't regret anything!

The mid package has all the features I would need. The 8 inch screen is more than sufficient. I really wanted blind spot monitoring (works even with the doors and top removed) and proximity entry. On the base you carry around a keyless fob that uses proximity start, but you don't have door access, which is so strange to me and they could have easily just made that a standard feature, but chose to include in the mid package. That would have bothered me personally everyday as the Bronco is my daily driver. The other things included in the mid package are just extra niceties.

Signature lighting was a must after seeing it in person.

I'm short, so I use the running boards daily. I don't think I could get in the back seat area of the 2DR SAS comfortably without them. They also help when cleaning the windshield and removing the front panels.

I'm glad I went with the 2.7, and the door storage bags after using them and realizing how nice in quality they are. Definitely worth the money and protection when removing the doors. They provide significantly more leverage.

In short, order what you desire because it's YOUR Bronco. You know your needs and wants better than anyone else. This is especially true if you plan on keeping it for the long haul. Don't compromise!

Last edited:

StrictlyBroncos

Badlands
First Name
Reece
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (Badlands)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Almost 2400 miles in on my 2.7 Badlands - High Pkg. I can honestly say I have no regrets and still get excited to drive it. It's such a fun vehicle. Great seeing the first hand positive reviews, sometimes these things get lost here.
Sponsored