Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And the bronco was slated for delivery spring of 2021
Yes, and not even talking about COVID, spring goes until June 20, 2021.

I thought I heard this weird rumor that people were getting VINs, vehicles were being scheduled.

I think there is more than one of us that is wondering what the issue is. Or did you think everyone who pre-ordered a Bronco was going to have theirs built in the spring?
Sponsored

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Last I checked, the Lightning isn't due for ordering until fall for a Spring '22 delivery. I feel like Broncos ordered this past January through March will be delivered by then.
You may be right but I’m not overly optimistic about that. I was told I would likely get pushed to a MY 22 even before I decided to let my order ride with the Mod top.

I think this is more political posturing than anything else because Washington is all up Ford’s ass right now to get serious about EV’s. Although I can see how they would operate production in parallel, if the chip shortages and the manpower shortages are as real as they appear, Ford’s gonna have a helluva time meeting the demand. I really can’t wait to see how this is gonna play out.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And the bronco was slated for delivery spring of 2021
Guessing a global pandemic and a hard time getting parts had nothing to do with it? Oof

OP
OP
wbrainbow

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Guessing a global pandemic and a hard time getting parts had nothing to do with it? Oof
I think the extra unemployment benefits are stalling things now because people don’t want to loose the extra money. It’s really crippling manufacturing and the service industries.

Sponsored

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Crippling for service is the problem of not being able to get certain parts. I have a 2018 expedition and a 2020 f150 taking up 2 of my lifts at work with the transmissions torn down waiting for parts to overhaul. The parts just came in after being on back order for 2 months. So if I can’t get parts to fix these things, I can only imaging the headaches Ford is having and not talking about.

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the extra unemployment benefits are stalling things now because people don’t want to loose the extra money. It’s really crippling manufacturing and the service industries.
People supplying parts for the automotive industry generally make a whole lot more a week than they'd get on unemployment.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Crippling for service is the problem of not being able to get certain parts. I have a 2018 expedition and a 2020 f150 taking up 2 of my lifts at work with the transmissions torn down waiting for parts to overhaul. The parts just came in after being on back order for 2 months. So if I can’t get parts to fix these things, I can only imaging the headaches Ford is having and not talking about.
Holy hell why are transmissions being torn done on 2 fairly new vehicles don’t tell me fords transmissions are like dodges now junk

David12691

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Could you complain about a first-world problem any harder?
Sponsored