First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I have read through most of this thread and I am still confused. I want a 4-door with back seats that fold down flat and flush with the cargo area. Does anyone know if it will? If not, this will probably be a deal breaker for me as we intend to use this space to sleep in on camping and overlanding trips. If the Bronco can't do this but the Jeep can, we will probably get the Jeep instead. :(
Sponsored

TheDo114

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I have read through most of this thread and I am still confused. I want a 4-door with back seats that fold down flat and flush with the cargo area. Does anyone know if it will? If not, this will probably be a deal breaker for me as we intend to use this space to sleep in on camping and overlanding trips. If the Bronco can't do this but the Jeep can, we will probably get the Jeep instead. :(
Can't do it in a Jeep either. In both the Bronco and the Jeep you will need to build or buy a platform to level it out.

It's rumored that the optional tray/tailgate will level the area out.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

They will fold flat, but will have a lip between the level of the cargo area and the backs of the seats. laj.tuxmek confirmed the slide out rear platform would bring the cargo are level with the seats when folded.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For sure....the 2 & 4 door are completely different rear seat designs. I think the 4" step issue is 2-door only.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The 4-door is the same. Slide out tray will level it up.

8BB82C98-6198-4D12-87B2-00B393949634.jpeg

Sponsored

Chamberlin

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a good friend at Truckvault... I'll ping him to see what kind of gun goodies they have cooking for the Bronco. He's a wrangler guy, but he's definitely not married to any one brand... Can't be in that business!
I heard from my buddy at Truckvault, and it sounds like they're trying to get at least one, if not two Broncos to mod. No details on exactly what products they're developing, but it definitely sounded like they are going to make a floor vault for guns etc. I also wanted to correct my previous statement; turns out he was *not* a Jeep Wrangler guy per-se, he just had a JK for marketing purposes :p

TexasTj

Base
First Name
Nathaniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover LR3
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m sure goose gear will make a Seat delete kit for both the 2 and 4 door. I want a two door and will delete the rear seat behind the driver.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I also wanted to correct my previous statement; turns out he was *not* a Jeep Wrangler guy per-se, he just had a JK for marketing purposes :p
I'm sure here's how that conversation went:

Your buddy at TruckVault: You told them what?!
You: That your'e a Jeep guy.
Him: Bruh! Jeeps suck. I only have one because people buy mods for them and I'm a capitalist. Go correct that shit, or I'll charge you full price for new Bronco accessories!
You: OK, I'll correct it. I'm back to getting free stuff, right?
Him: ....
You: Dude, I'm sorry!
Him: Aw, I can't stay mad at you... Fine, free stuff.

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My wife's "Luxury" compact SUV does not have fold flat rear seats. It is bad for a number of reasons too many to list.

I am a 2 door Jeep owner who has reserved a 4 door Wildtrak. I reserved this model specifically for the extra room of a 4 door with fold flat seats to accomodate the ton of gear I have to currently load on the Jeep's GOBI roof rack (I removed the rear seat a long time ago and it sits on a shelf in garage). I reserved the 4 door Wildtrak for the option to occasionally sleep in vehicle when weather is too foul to set up tent, it's too late to set up tent or even if the Morlocks have me uneasy in a dispersed campground somewhere on BLM land. Truthfully, if the seats do not fold flat I will cancel reservation and live with Jeep until next option surfaces.

Dear Ford if you are reading this: My dad retired from FoMoCo (UAW Tool & Die Maker), I was a Service Zone Manager for Ford calling on Dealerships for many years to resolve Technical Issues. We are a Ford Family. If seats do not fold flat this will be an issue for many Bronco 4 door purchasers after the initial buyer frenzy wears off. Do not launch vehicle unless rear seats fold flat!

TheDo114

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My wife's "Luxury" compact SUV does not have fold flat rear seats. It is bad for a number of reasons too many to list.

I am a 2 door Jeep owner who has reserved a 4 door Wildtrak. I reserved this model specifically for the extra room of a 4 door with fold flat seats to accomodate the ton of gear I have to currently load on the Jeep's GOBI roof rack (I removed the rear seat a long time ago and it sits on a shelf in garage). I reserved the 4 door Wildtrak for the option to occasionally sleep in vehicle when weather is too foul to set up tent, it's too late to set up tent or even if the Morlocks have me uneasy in a dispersed campground somewhere on BLM land. Truthfully, if the seats do not fold flat I will cancel reservation and live with Jeep until next option surfaces.

Dear Ford if you are reading this: My dad retired from FoMoCo (UAW Tool & Die Maker), I was a Service Zone Manager for Ford calling on Dealerships for many years to resolve Technical Issues. We are a Ford Family. If seats do not fold flat this will be an issue for many Bronco 4 door purchasers after the initial buyer frenzy wears off. Do not launch vehicle unless rear seats fold flat!
They fold flat, but they are not level with the cargo floor.

Sponsored

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So I found the test mules tonight. For those of you interested in sleeping inside, the 4-door measured about 6 ft between the inside of the tailgate and the rear of the driver’s seat. I would guess you could move the driver’s seat forward another 6-8” and have plenty of room to take a snooze.

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I found the test mules tonight. For those of you interested in sleeping inside, the 4-door measured about 6 ft between the inside of the tailgate and the rear of the driver’s seat. I would guess you could move the driver’s seat forward another 6-8” and have plenty of room to take a snooze.
Thanks for information on space between back seats and tailgate. Would be interested if you saw the "step" and the "slant" that has been a topic of discussion and what it looked like and your impressions of same. Any photos helpful.
Sponsored