First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why anyone wouldn't finance through a credit union is beyond me. They have the lowest rates. Take the rebate in lieu of low- or zero-interest financing and get your loan on your own to save the most money overall. Not all credit unions are the same, and not everyone can be an NFCU member, but there are other very competitive credit unions. I taught my kids that it's good to be a member of two credit unions. Some have super-low interest rates for loans and some that have higher interest rates for saving (emergency funds).
So what's the best rate from a good credit union today ? Better than 0% ? I'm a member of 2 and they were both too high and the Ford dealer checked several themselves when we were looking at her a bronco . Last May when I picked mine up they offered 2.9 but they have skyrocketed since then. When I bought my Ranger in '21 I got 1.9% from my CU but they tell me those days are gone.
Sponsored

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Read that bolded part again...they can't now because the prices are higher. Not to mention EVERYTHING is more expensive now.
Some will still try and in certain markets they might get away with it. But overall I agree.

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Damn, im worried about the ‘ i have to sell it for more than i paid to go back to a truck‘ guys. Thats the ones i really feel sorry for
Lol....that will probably be me. I get bored too quickly and buy new vehicles all the time. This Bronco was the 1st non-truck for me in the last 25+ years.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got a few sitting locally at MSRP and clown shoes dealers still adding adm to Raptor $5k+. Anybody that paid adm for regular Bronco especially last year got smoked.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what's the best rate from a good credit union today ? Better than 0% ? I'm a member of 2 and they were both too high and the Ford dealer checked several themselves when we were looking at her a bronco . Last May when I picked mine up they offered 2.9 but they have skyrocketed since then. When I bought my Ranger in '21 I got 1.9% from my CU but they tell me those days are gone.
Every time discount financing is offered by a manufacturer, there's an option to take a rebate instead. Finance on your own and take the rebate and you'll be ahead.

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every time discount financing is offered by a manufacturer, there's an option to take a rebate instead. Finance on your own and take the rebate and you'll be ahead.
That avoided my question and no , there was no rebate . We only went for the 36 month anyway and got a great trade on her 2011 MB. It's the only thing we owe on now so we are pretty well ahead.

So what is the good rate today ?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That avoided my question and no , there was no rebate . We only went for the 36 month anyway and got a great trade on her 2011 MB. It's the only thing we owe on now so we are pretty well ahead.

So what is the good rate today ?
I don't know, because I'm not in the market to buy. My whole point about not taking the dealer/mfr financing is that the rebate in lieu plus your own financing is better overall. Navy Federal is one of my go-to sources, so I would check their rates to see what is considered competitive today, even if you can't be a member there.

Jhopkinson

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 4dr SAS, 22 Base 2dr SAS, 2021 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unfortunately a good rate today is about 6% in my area.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Read that bolded part again...they can't now because the prices are higher. Not to mention EVERYTHING is more expensive now.
That reasoning makes no sense. That is like saying people can't drive drunk because it's illegal.

Yes everything is more expensive now and the same dollar you had in your pocket before can buy you a whole lot less now but that doesn't translate into everyone's buying habits nor how stupid dealers can be.

Ford should set their MSRP to whatever they feel it actually should be and then the dealers can add on whatever they want. Then let the consumers decide with their wallets. It's not hard.

That said:
- Ford's MSRP are waaay too moronicly high. (they don't care and/or believe that)
- Dealers added markups when they could (now they {some of them} refuse to believe that time is over)
- Consumers were beyond stupid and willing paid markups. (now that they are learning that is just pissing away money, and that money is harder to get, they are starting to act less stupidly)
- You can only buy a car from a dealer, not direct from the manufacturer. (this is a bad law, but their is absolutely no chance it will change)

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford should set their MSRP to whatever they feel it actually should be and then the dealers can add on whatever they want. Then let the consumers decide with their wallets. It's not hard.

That said:
- Ford's MSRP are waaay too moronicly high. (they don't care and/or believe that)
- Dealers added markups when they could (now they {some of them} refuse to believe that time is over)
- Consumers were beyond stupid and willing paid markups. (now that they are learning that is just pissing away money, and that money is harder to get, they are starting to act less stupidly)
- You can only buy a car from a dealer, not direct from the manufacturer. (this is a bad law, but their is absolutely no chance it will change)
Ford doesn't care what the dealer makes selling on its product, why are you going to let the middleman (dealership) take all the extra profit if can? That was the whole point of the MSRP protection that was supposed to be enforced on the Bronco when it first released.

Cars aren't cheap at all any more and its not going to get any better any time soon...because buyers are stupid.

Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Right now is also the poorest time of the year, we are still pre-tax return and post Christmas.
They need to move Presidential Elections to April 1st. Appropriate day and close enough to April 15th people might actually give a crap about who is bending them over. The "who" is not party specific BTW.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I saw a dealership in Marble Falls that had several Braptors. The dealership here in Denton I got my Bronco from has had the same two Broncos in the showcase spot by the front door (outside) for like a month. Plus a whole line of them on the lot elsewhere. I really think demand was normal with abnormal supply. Once supply caught up, the prices are gonna fall, then that extra juice on the MSRP becomes discount and they get 2022 markup instead of discounts on 2022 or 2021 prices.

I'd almost say, wait six months to buy, there might be $5-7k discounts available.
Even San Angelo has several BRaptors.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Its called what the market will bear-and they can add incentives if needed, without impacting profits as much. Ford has almost no control over its dealership body (which has been discussed ad infintim around here)

Hate to say it but we are in inflationary times and nothing is going to get cheaper. Just hope your income keeps up with it.
Really, because it looks like my $48k Bronco has gotten much cheaper! At this rate it will be worth $0 by 2025.

Screenshot_20240220-203920.png

IMG_20220910_181104.jpg

Just wait a little longer and the bottom is going to fall out. That's how I managed to get my previous toy for a fraction of the cost new.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford needs to cut prices like Jeep.

0% interest on an overpriced $55K Outer Banks is not a good deal. $55K buys a very well equipped Toyota/Hyundai/Mazda/Kia/Honda. Broncos should be where Rangers are priced. There are plenty of alternatives and folks are choosing them as you can see with all the Broncos rotting on lots.
The OBX is the top mall crawling trim. :p So why all the shade thrown at the ultimate mall crawler?

The OBX is plenty capable, even without the front locker, I have not been disappointed with it on or off-road.

BCKMRKR

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak 2-Door, '19 Miata, '15 M235i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Pre-covid, it seemed pretty predictable. Credit Unions' rates could only usually be beat by a motivated manufacturer trying to move old inventory at 0.9% or something (vs. their ~4% or something). If you wanted something new or popular (like a C&D 10 Best winner for example), Credit Unions, especially if you had great credit, were almost always a few % lower than at a dealer. When interest rates went up over the last few years, CUs couldn't afford to offer lower rates as their cost of capital had gone up. The last two times I checked, I was getting quoted 7-8%. Hate to think what dealers are offering buyers with bad credit for popular cars. Buyers have reacted by going from 60 months to 84 or more to keep their payments in check.

As for the bad economy, from what I can tell the gap between the haves and have nots has gotten dramatically wider. Based on forum posts, it seems an almost even split between its-my-only-car owners and boomer-with-too-much-to-spend with the latter supporting ADMs and a lot of the aftermarket while also not sweating taking a $70k toy with $25k in accessories off road and not worrying if they wreck it.
Sponsored