Sponsored

Ford dealer not comfortable installing OEM trailer wiring and trailer brake controller?!

asorkey427

First Edition
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Finally got my performance tune installed by a dealer to keep the warranty intact. Really happy with the results. Especially like the ability to turn off the auto stop/start feature once and for all. While my Bronco was at the Ford dealer, I asked for them to go ahead and install the OEM trailer wiring and trailer brake controller (which I provided) but when I picked up the Bronco they said they were not comfortable installing either so didn't. They said none of the 6 techs was comfortable with the install. How can a Ford dealer not be comfortable installing an OEM Ford accessory? I am comfortable installing them, just haven't had the time but will do it myself now. Rather pathetic don't you think?
Sponsored

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because they didn't supply the parts (and didnt make the money on the sale) and if there's an issue they don't want to be liable to fix it for free or any potential for subsequent issues.

OP
OP

asorkey427

First Edition
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Probably but the same applied to the tune, I supplied it also and they installed it.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

they probably didn't want to drill the required hole in the trim