2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@wilmerfjohnson it looks like the package for the bronco specific wiring harness states ETB-BRNC-T and the pic you posted of the harness removed from the packaging states ETB-BRNC-H.

@flip do you know if the plug n play harness within this kit from Ford can be sources using one of those 2 part numbers? I tried searching google but no luck.
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After contacting Redarc yesterday, they sent me the wiring pinout diagram for their $19.50 harness they believe should work for the Bronco. I compared it to the OP’s pictures he provided and I should be good to go.

Again, Im moving my redarc unit over to the Bronco w/ factory tow package so just needed the harness that connects the bronco to the redarc unit.

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After contacting Redarc yesterday, they sent me the wiring pinout diagram for their $19.50 harness they believe should work for the Bronco. I compared it to the OP’s pictures he provided and I should be good to go.

Again, Im moving my redarc unit over to the Bronco w/ factory tow package so just needed the harness that connects the bronco to the redarc unit.
Please tell me that the Redarc part is the TPH-007.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@wilmerfjohnson Does the LED on your control knob stay on when a trailer is connected? From everything I have seen on the RedArc version it should, however on the Ford version it seems to only light up when you press the knob in. I’ve taken mine to the dealer and they are clueless. Just got a new unit and it behaves the same way. I have the factory tow package.

Sponsored

nkyhunter

Wildtrak
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO,2021 JL RUBICON,2022F150 TREMOR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
in step 7 of the install manual how in the hell do you unclip the phone charger plug and the one next to it. , i got the wires almost ran but i need to get these plugs out and don't want to break them, hate crap instructions. squeeze, pull apart what?

Grey Mare

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just installed the kit last weekend in the suggested spot. No need to unclip the phone charger and one next to it. And I didn't route the way they say to. I put the controller just below the Str. Column on the metal shelf, and ran the connectors from the switch straight along the drivers side in the console, much easier.

tjparisi

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4D 7M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@wilmerfjohnson Does the LED on your control knob stay on when a trailer is connected? From everything I have seen on the RedArc version it should, however on the Ford version it seems to only light up when you press the knob in. I’ve taken mine to the dealer and they are clueless. Just got a new unit and it behaves the same way. I have the factory tow package.
Does it light up when you press it without a trailer connected? Wondering if mine works, installed this for occasional use and don’t have a braked trailer at the ready.

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does it light up when you press it without a trailer connected? Wondering if mine works, installed this for occasional use and don’t have a braked trailer at the ready.
No. You have to have a trailer connected or use a test light in order for it to light up when pressed.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just installed the controller yesterday and mine only lights up when pressed, yours still the same way?

Sponsored

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just installed the controller yesterday and mine only lights up when pressed, yours still the same way?
the "light" for some reason is the significant difference between the Ford version and the Vendor version.

if you look, even though the Ford mount and dial have a smaller hole off to the side, there is no actual LED in the switch itself...must have been a constraint :)
Sponsored