Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it’s any consolation at all... @DealerInsider was almost roasted when he first came in as well. The difference being, he was quick to respond and had, what seemed like, a workable plan. So he very politely but quickly quelled all of the skepticism. My order was placed today with Tom, mainly due to the honesty and transparency... and I’ve gotta travel from Alabama to do so.
Just my thoughts on the whole thing
Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My daughter lives a couple towns over in Levittown(sp?). So I'm aware of how expensive it is there. I just didn't expect that building to hold the Sales, Parts, and Service Depts.
Many years ago I was a tech at a very small Ford dealer in SoCal. Our Quick Service Lane was about the same size as what thier whole Service Dept appears to be. (I checked street view after he said it was on site.)
Yeah - he's in a tight space, but as he said, he has remote lots. My in-laws 'might' be a mile away. It is a very congested area, and real estate is expensive. In that regard (land cost) his challenges are far greater than most dealers you will see, but nobody is forcing him to stay in this business. In fact, it is exactly that type of issue that makes it ever more imperative for them to be customer-focused and service motivated. A Bronco is a Bronco, so nobody is going to pay him the same for the 'privilege' of putting his tag on it, but may for the value of the knowledge, support and service he provides.

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here's my "for the record"....I personally don't know Lee, but placed my Bronco order with Crown Ford. It'll be my 5th car with them in 14 years, all really good deals. They are a great dealership with friendly staff and good service.
That being said I'm very grateful to everyone on bronco6G to give me 9 months of knowledge before going in there and placing my order.

reaper5252006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I actually prefer the OP to be silent from now on, it's giving me flashbacks to that diesel slamming that Toyota FJ Cruiser in the Ft. Worth Winter Pile Up, @CrownFord you need to just take the L here, this group of people know more about the Bronco than you do at this point (that isn't an opinion, it's a fact!) The community lives and breathes this stuff and check back multiple times daily....

Last edited:

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here's my "for the record"....I personally don't know Lee, but placed my Bronco order with Crown Ford. It'll be my 5th car with them in 14 years, all really good deals. They are a great dealership with friendly staff and good service.
That being said I'm very grateful to everyone on bronco6G to give me 9 months of knowledge before going in there and placing my order.
Plenty of people have dealt with plenty of perfectly fine dealers offering MSRP throughout this process. There are a lot on here who have chosen that option over traveling for the better deal. That's a choice the customer gets to make.

Lee fell into the same trap many salespeople fall into. Putting down a competitors offer or disparaging their business model does not endear you to the customer. Doubling down just makes you look like an ass. Practically every person on this forum has gotten the same exact sell or read a story about somebody else who did in the last 8 months. Unfortunately, he gets to take the brunt of our frustration towards the crappy treatment we experienced from our local dealers before switching.

Sponsored

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Plenty of people have dealt with plenty of perfectly fine dealers offering MSRP throughout this process. There are a lot on here who have chosen that option over traveling for the better deal. That's a choice the customer gets to make.

Lee fell into the same trap many salespeople fall into. Putting down a competitors offer or disparaging their business model does not endear you to the customer. Doubling down just makes you look like an ass. Practically every person on this forum has gotten the same exact sell or read a story about somebody else who did in the last 8 months. Unfortunately, he gets to take the brunt of our frustration towards the crappy treatment we experienced from our local dealers before switching.
Very true. He definitely walked into the lions den without knowing it. I was willing to listen to what he had to say but words quickly fell on deaf ears.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Awe, the day where I don't check in is when all the good stuff happens. Did @EvlNvrDys get banned again too...
No he did not
Been sitting in the corner watching, wondering how the hell do I get banned with all the pricks in here? Like seriously. 🤷‍♂️ Probably get banned now though 😞

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No he did not
Been sitting in the corner watching, wondering how the hell do I get banned with all the pricks in here? Like seriously. 🤷‍♂️ Probably get banned now though 😞
Hope this makes you feel better.

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No he did not
Hey now. We're just teaching a wayward sales guy a valuable life lesson. It's the stuff 80s sitcoms are made of. That can't be bannable, can it?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey now. We're just teaching a wayward sales guy a valuable life lesson. It's the stuff 80s sitcoms are made of. That can't be bannable, can it?
Don't ask me... I look at someone funny and Boom! Banned for a week 🤷‍♂️

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just watched a bunch of Three's Company cuts with John Ritter. Inappropriate, but funny.

Kuze

Wildtrak
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I feel like OP just regretted the post the first 5 mins. LOL... I just skimmed through the pages but beyond page 1, I don't see any more comments from OP on "beware of surprises" LOL... I needed this laugh!
Sponsored