Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this your dealership?
Do you have a holding lot somewhere? Or are all your sales orders? I'm genuinely curious.

Is your Service Dept at a seperate location?
I bought my Fiesta from Crown. They have a separate used lot that has a decent amount of space. That also has its own service area. The service area is attached to the new showroom and pretty average sized. Itā€™s pretty typical on Long Island for dealers to have small lots like that and much larger satellite lots. That being said they could never seem to find me a loaner...

I donā€™t think a single dealer on Long Island (that Iā€™ve heard of at least) is doing below MSRP. Probably makes sense for them not to as well in that case cause theyā€™re gonna go for the higher price with lower volume. Iā€™m doing Grangerā€™s October deal personally, but if Crown would like to take delivery thatā€™d be neat!
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I feel like OP just regretted the post the first 5 mins. LOL... I just skimmed through the pages but beyond page 1, I don't see any more comments from OP on "beware of surprises" LOL... I needed this laugh!
Bottom of page 3 where he doubled down.

Tom,
Fair enough..
I respect everyone's opinion here, accompanied with the way their employer chooses to do business. I stand corrected when using the word reputable. Perhaps not the right choice of words, but the dealer that chooses to sell their vehicles at a percentage under invoice may find themselves with other challenges.

With almost 20 years experience with Ford, having been recognized as one of the top 100 producers in North America by Ford Motor Company, I do not find myself being categorized as the typical salesperson.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I missed all the fun and just caught up.

With almost 20 years experience with Ford, having been recognized as one of the top 100 producers in North America by Ford Motor Company, I do not find myself being categorized as the typical salesperson.
Then why are you acting like every car salesman that acts like we should be thankful to pay MSRP and get nothing in return.
Aside from you not budging on price , why are you unable to answer what your preliminary allocation of Broncos is and how many reservations you have at this point?
Answering this question would go a long way to helping you out.
Not answering it ................ well we are 7 pages in and I think the replies speak for themselves.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@DealerInsider i remember you were put through the gauntlet when you first stepped foot 'round these parts. happy to see you offering true value to the Bronco legion here!
Man they did give him a hard time. I was not a fan of the dealership because of an experience with one of their internet sales people back in 1019. Even though I had bought an F-150 from then a few years before that. Tom won me over. We had been talking via text for a few weeks getting the specifics together for my Bronco purchase. Which is a few years out. He won me over to the point I made an early purchase from him a few days ago. He truly earned my business and future business.

Ford Bronco Ford Dealer- NY- D0BEAA57-D5BA-47CC-8758-522EE1B58575

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has OP been banned yet?

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ty for your comments. With respect to converting from one dealer to another, one can reserve the new truck at a secondary dealer and have it converted immediately. We do not have a clear idea when those orders will actually be built.. (ie. Will they be built according to reservation date, conversion date, hierarchy on Ford's list etc). With respect to pricing, I have heard many dealers quoting above MSRP, adding delivery and/or prep fees. We will sell all vehicles at MSRP without any surcharges. The margins which we are afforded ( invoice/list) have narrowed significantly over the years, not keeping up with the cost of doing business. I am not very confident that any reputable dealer who wishes to remain in business and profitable would consider discounting the Bronco at this point
I'm not very confident your ability to sell credibility to educated people is very high. Anyone with an 8th of a brain cell know dealer's turn profit. A reputable dealer is honest about their business practices and are not afraid to speak to people in plain English. People who work to EARN business do so differently than saying how many "years" they've sold. Today it is not about "selling" it is about being honest and transparent. It is about earning business like it means something. It is about respecting the people you work for. These are not a bunch of lambs for the slaughter. They are people who have done their research. They've spent time speaking with the dealer they chose. As long as there are decent people working in this business you will not get very far with what you're trying to sell here. Allow me to assist you. There's something called fmc dealer connection. Log on take the Bronco classes, reach out to your rep, and update yourself instead of being an embarrassment to the rest of us dealers who wish to remain in business by discounting vehicles, telling the truth, educating ourselves, and the public, and doing an honest days work.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not very confident your ability to sell credibility to educated people is very high. Anyone with an 8th of a brain cell know dealer's turn profit. A reputable dealer is honest about their business practices and are not afraid to speak to people in plain English. People who work to EARN business do so differently than saying how many "years" they've sold. Today it is not about "selling" it is about being honest and transparent. It is about earning business like it means something. It is about respecting the people you work for. These are not a bunch of lambs for the slaughter. They are people who have done their research. They've spent time speaking with the dealer they chose. As long as there are decent people working in this business you will not get very far with what you're trying to sell here. Allow me to assist you. There's something called fmc dealer connection. Log on take the Bronco classes, reach out to your rep, and update yourself instead of being an embarrassment to the rest of us dealers who wish to remain in business by discounting vehicles, telling the truth, educating ourselves, and the public, and doing an honest days work.
P.S. I blame @Judge Rufus for tagging me

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like he left the party. People probably would have listened to what he had to say if he came with all the info we were already going to ask and not talk shit about other dealers. Don't come to the negotiating table with nothing

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
+1. Most sales people do not/can not recognize that enthusiasts will more times than not know more than they do. On the other side of the coin, I'll need to rent an 8 year old to show me how to change the radio station... šŸ™„ ...

OP
OP

CrownFord

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No shit. That has to be the smallest dealership from any major manufacturer that I've ever seen. Is that normal for that area? I grew up in the Western US and am not very familiar with New York/Long Island.
Further upstate, the dealerships are more normal sized. There aren't many of the super dealerships like you find out here, but normal. As you get closer to any of the eastern metros the property values are stupid. I'm sure he's not kidding about the cost of doing business. I'm sure that tiny lot costs more than two normal sized dealerships combined in Colorado. Plus property tax is way higher. There's a reason I don't live in NY anymore.
Good example and well said.
I had the opportunity to visit much larger Ford dealership down South ( Florida) last month. Their property, including separate service and sales facilities were probably 7-8x larger then ours. Their monthly new car volume was the same as ours
@CrownFord - not to beat a dead horse (or Bronco), but as noted, a bit of a reconnaissance run might have saved a lot of embarrassment. You may well have the hottest freaking deal in Long Island, but you aren't even in the same area code on this board.

It is really clear that we are not your average consumer, and that the core group here is HIGHLY informed. What has turned many of us off to our local dealers is the abject lack of product knowledge as well as any decent (even minimal) communication skills of dealers in general.

Many of us are in sale and fully understand that these are products that will NOT put money in someone's pocket in the near term (it is going to be a year+ from reservation to delivering for many here, so we understand that a salesperson needs to sell what they have on hand).

That said, you are presuming business demise for a dealer who has taken a long term view of this. He has gaged the allocation game that Ford has created, and realized that taking a risk on short-term profit (when there will be very few Broncos available) is going to build his downstream inventory (and at this point, reputation) to be in a position to recover lost short-term margins.

For me, this is a fairly local transaction (under 30 miles). My closer dealers never so much as gave me the time of day. I'm getting a deal that is far better than I ever expected, and, TBH, one I would have done for less of a discount than I got (okay, Tom, this doesn't mean I want to you to increase my price šŸ˜ ) What it meant was that I moved up a model and got a Badlands for what the OX was going to cost. I'll be getting more "stuff" on it too.

I know where you are located, (I have in-laws near you and friends nearby) and understand some costs are higher. But Philly is not cheap, and all you had to do to figure any of this out was to spend a few minutes (or hours) reading. Earn what you are asking for, or crawl back and wait it out until you can get allocations in MY22/23.
TY for your reply.
I have nothing to be embarrassed about ..
@CrownFord - not to beat a dead horse (or Bronco), but as noted, a bit of a reconnaissance run might have saved a lot of embarrassment. You may well have the hottest freaking deal in Long Island, but you aren't even in the same area code on this board.

It is really clear that we are not your average consumer, and that the core group here is HIGHLY informed. What has turned many of us off to our local dealers is the abject lack of product knowledge as well as any decent (even minimal) communication skills of dealers in general.

Many of us are in sale and fully understand that these are products that will NOT put money in someone's pocket in the near term (it is going to be a year+ from reservation to delivering for many here, so we understand that a salesperson needs to sell what they have on hand).

That said, you are presuming business demise for a dealer who has taken a long term view of this. He has gaged the allocation game that Ford has created, and realized that taking a risk on short-term profit (when there will be very few Broncos available) is going to build his downstream inventory (and at this point, reputation) to be in a position to recover lost short-term margins.

For me, this is a fairly local transaction (under 30 miles). My closer dealers never so much as gave me the time of day. I'm getting a deal that is far better than I ever expected, and, TBH, one I would have done for less of a discount than I got (okay, Tom, this doesn't mean I want to you to increase my price šŸ˜ ) What it meant was that I moved up a model and got a Badlands for what the OX was going to cost. I'll be getting more "stuff" on it too.

I know where you are located, (I have in-laws near you and friends nearby) and understand some costs are higher. But Philly is not cheap, and all you had to do to figure any of this out was to spend a few minutes (or hours) reading. Earn what you are asking for, or crawl back and wait it out until you can get allocations in MY22/23.
Nothing to be embarrassed about on this end. I respect everyone's opinion, whether I agree or not.

I agree, there are no average customers any longer.

The business model of our dealership has been successful for generations. We do pride ourselves on having one of the highest CSI's in the Region.

With respect to the demise of other dealers who operate differently ( selling cars under, etc, added fees)
+1. Most sales people do not/can not recognize that enthusiasts will more times than not know more than they do. On the other side of the coin, I'll need to rent an 8 year old to show me how to change the radio station... šŸ™„ ...
Fascinating group some of you are. I have been bashed, criticized and accused
incredulous some of the commentary made here, Nothing to prove on my end. Iā€™ll leave yā€™all to your good selves
Good luck ladies and gents-
Sponsored