Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys,
I'm at a stand still and feel left in the dark by @Ford Motor Company
I reserved my Bronco on launched day (JULY 13, 2020 at 8:30pm) at Airport Marina Ford in california.
As orders were being accept I sent my order specs to that dealer via email and they told me they would contact me to confirm before the placed the order. A few weeks passed and didn't receive any form of contact from them. I emailed them non stop and got nothing. So, I decided to change dealers because ford mentioned we can change our order specs or dealers if we wanted to during those times.

I changed my order to Southbay Ford Lincoln based on great reviews on that dealer. So, I called @Ford Motor Company directly to change my dealer. They told me they weren't able to change just the dealer with my original reservation timestamp. So, told me to make a new reservation (MARCH 8, 2021) with the dealer I prefer and they will keep the original reservation/order timestamp so they can have a record of it and I won't be set back.
I specifically asked them if I'll have my original spot in line if I switched and FORD told me yes.

After everything was set, I call the first dealer (Airport Marina FORD) and told them I'm changing dealers with my order and reservation. (I got a instant phone call from them and they seemed sour about the situation). Got my deposit back.

Fast forward to a couple of days from now I recieve a email that my Bronco is scheduled. Super stoked, I open the email and track my Bronco. It was my old dealer I had problems with and my order spec was all changed around. Different color and from MIC top to Soft top.
The original dealer took my timestamp and ordered a bronco for themselves to most likely make profit from.
I called @Ford Motor Company just now about this whole situation and they told me that NOW if you make a new reservation the timestamp will not change over. Told them FORD told me they can change over the timestamp at that time. So, she said she'll speak to her manager and call me back.

I just lost faith in sitting in my own Bronco now.

Ford Bronco Ford Dealer Robbed My Reservation Time Stamp Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 6.09.52 PM

Ford Bronco Ford Dealer Robbed My Reservation Time Stamp Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 11.03.16 AM
Sponsored

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am confused or maybe your left out some info. Per Ford, you made a new reservation at another dealership. Afterwards, did you call Ford and have them apply your original timestamp to your new reservation?

OP
OP
21BRONCO

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am confused or maybe your left out some info. Per Ford, you made a new reservation at another dealership. Afterwards, did you call Ford and have them apply your original timestamp to your new reservation?
Yes, told them to apply my timestamp to the new reservation. They told me that they cant physically do that but they will keep the old timestamp so they have a record of it.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your reservation was already converted to order before you tried to change dealers. Once the reservation was converted there is no ability to change dealers...

There were dealers that clearly saw the writing on the wall and converted when order banks opened.

Ask all of us who wish we could change dealers from MY21 to MY22. New reservation, new line.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, told them to apply my timestamp to the new reservation. They told me that they cant physically do that but they will keep the old timestamp so they have a record of it.
Okay, but when did you ask Ford to apply your timestamp? Immediately after the new reservation was made, after you ordered, earlier today?

Many of us here fell victim to dealerships converting our reservations without permission. And many of us were directed by Ford to make a new reservation and then had Ford immediately apply the original timestamp (a process that took a couple of weeks).

Sponsored

Cmargio

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura, Volvo, Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hey guys,
I'm at a stand still and feel left in the dark by @Ford Motor Company
I reserved my Bronco on launched day (JULY 13, 2020 at 8:30pm) at Airport Marina Ford in california.
As orders were being accept I sent my order specs to that dealer via email and they told me they would contact me to confirm before the placed the order. A few weeks passed and didn't receive any form of contact from them. I emailed them non stop and got nothing. So, I decided to change dealers because ford mentioned we can change our order specs or dealers if we wanted to during those times.
I changed my order to Southbay Ford Lincoln based on great reviews on that dealer. So, I called @Ford Motor Company directly to change my dealer. They told me they weren't able to change just the dealer with my original reservation timestamp. So, told me to make a new reservation (MARCH 8, 2021) with the dealer I prefer and they will keep the original reservation/order timestamp so they can have a record of it and I won't be set back. I specifically asked them if I'll have my original spot in line if I switched and FORD told me yes. After everything was set, I call the first dealer (Airport Marina FORD) and told them I'm changing dealers with my order and reservation. (I got a instant phone call from them and they seemed sour about the situation). Got my deposit back.

Fast forward to a couple of days from now I recieve a email that my Bronco is scheduled. Super stoked, I open the email and track my Bronco. It was my old dealer I had problems with and my order spec was all changed around. Different color and from MIC top to Soft top. I called @Ford Motor Company just now about this whole situation and they told me that NOW if you make a new reservation the timestamp will not change over. The original dealer told my timestamp and ordered a bronco for themselves to most likely make profit from. I just lost faith in sitting in my own Bronco now.

Ford Bronco Ford Dealer Robbed My Reservation Time Stamp Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 11.03.16 AM

I have called Ford customer service MULTIPLE times and always hear wildly different information. Anymore I don’t take it very seriously and just consider it slightly amusing. I’m sorry you’re in this situation though. I was also screwed over by my dealer. They never actually converted my FE reservation like they said they did after taking a large deposit and now I have no FE and am stuck waiting until 22 and selecting a different trim. I still have yet to resolve my issue by dealing with customer service, @Ford Motor Company, or the dealer. I have even had several “cases” opened over the last several months and have not once heard back as I was told I would.

I hope you are able to sort this out. Good luck! It’s a shame how horrible customer service like this sours the entire experience around the new vehicle. Hopefully that taste fades once we eventually receive our vehicles.

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have called Ford customer service MULTIPLE times and always hear wildly different information. Anymore I don’t take it very seriously and just consider it slightly amusing. I’m sorry you’re in this situation though. I was also screwed over by my dealer. They never actually converted my FE reservation like they said they did after taking a large deposit and now I have no FE and am stuck waiting until 22 and selecting a different trim. I still have yet to resolve my issue by dealing with customer service, @Ford Motor Company, or the dealer. I have even had several “cases” opened over the last several months and have not once heard back as I was told I would.

I hope you are able to sort this out. Good luck! It’s a shame how horrible customer service like this sours the entire experience around the new vehicle. Hopefully that taste fades once we eventually receive our vehicles.
What as happened to your deposit.? How much was it ?

OP
OP
21BRONCO

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay, but when did you ask Ford to apply your timestamp? Immediately after the new reservation was made, after you ordered, earlier today?

Many of us here fell victim to dealerships converting our reservations without permission. And many of us were directed by Ford to make a new reservation and then had Ford immediately apply the original timestamp (a process that took a couple of weeks).
right away so i can change dealers. Basically They were the ones that told me I should make a new reservation selecting the new dealer and they can switch the time stamp over and I would be able to place my order with the new dealer. It was ordered back in March. I recieved a email my old reservation /order was schedule for production. a few days ago.

Cmargio

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura, Volvo, Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I will say I am hoping to be able to move to Granger once things open back up. Even if it takes longer to receive the vehicle the transparency and ease of communication dealing with a better dealer makes all the difference.

Last edited:
OP
OP
21BRONCO

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thanks for the comforting words

Sponsored
OP
OP
21BRONCO

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What as happened to your deposit.? How much was it ?
The $100 deposit from the old dealer was refunded. I already paid the 4k deposit to the new dealer when order was placed. Back in March of this year.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay, so you made a new reservation, had Ford apply your old timestamp, and then placed your order for a Bronco. Good, as long as you did so in that order you are fine and all is right with the world. If you are trying to have them apply your timestamp now, after you ordered, you are most likely going to be disappointed.

For what it is worth, and so there is less confusion, your old hijacked reservation being converted/ordered/built/shipped/delivered/sold has zero impact on your current order.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A friend of mine switched dealers last fall BEFORE ordering opened January 20th and has had zero problems. He's actually near the top of the list at new dealer, and his bronco was built 2 weeks ago. He was a Day 2 reservation (7-14-2020). His salesman at the original dealer died, so I said he should switch to my dealer, so he did. He didn't have "two reservations" he switched the original reservation. Problem is probably the fact that you switched AFTER your dealer placed your order, unbeknownst to you.

For future reference: ALWAYS go into dealer in PERSON and order, and get the DORA from them, rather than just send them an email or text.

Dealers are SCAMMERS any chance they get. They definitely hi-jacked your res. spot.

OP
OP
21BRONCO

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay, so you made a new reservation, had Ford apply your old timestamp, and then placed your order for a Bronco. Good, as long as you did so in that order you are fine and all is right with the world. If you are trying to have them apply your timestamp now, after you ordered, you are most likely going to be disappointed.

For what it is worth, and so there is less confusion, your old hijacked reservation being converted/ordered/built/shipped/delivered/sold has zero impact on your current order.
The order was placed without my consent with the old dealer. couldn't get in touch with them. So place a new order with the new dealer and the new reservation with my old timestamp according to them. Ford customer service told me that they arent able change over the timestamp now so they would have to check and get back to me.

OP
OP
21BRONCO

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A friend of mine switched dealers last fall BEFORE ordering opened January 20th and has had zero problems. He's actually near the top of the list at new dealer, and his bronco was built 2 weeks ago. He was a Day 2 reservation (7-14-2020). His salesman at the original dealer died, so I said he should switch to my dealer, so he did. He didn't have "two reservations" he switched the original reservation. Problem is probably the fact that you switched AFTER your dealer placed your order, unbeknownst to you.

For future reference: ALWAYS go into dealer in PERSON and order, and get the DORA from them, rather than just send them an email or text.

Dealers are SCAMMERS any chance they get. They definitely hi-jacked your res. spot.
at that time (march 2021) ford told me there was no way for them to switch just the dealer so they told me to make a new reservation with the new dealer and they can move over the timestamp.
Learned my lesson with this experience.
Sponsored