Sponsored

Do our reservation numbers lineup with our time stamp?

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m getting conflicting answers here. I’ve been told that our reservations are not sequential so when they’re mixed in at a dealership with the other reservations, just because your number is lower than another’s doesn’t mean you’re ahead of them in line. That it’s all down to the time stamp. This has been reiterated multiple times that the time stamp of the reservation is all that matters. I got that. But I was just told that the reservation #’s ARE all sequential and the time stamps match that sequence accordingly. So I don’t know what to believe. Did I explain this well enough? Can I get a consensus here on how it actually works? Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FTBronco9

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don’t want this getting lost here. Gotta keep it near the top. Need some answers.

Vaquero61

Black Diamond
First Name
Irv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco,F150,Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not an Industrial Engineer; without any knowledge of assembly line process; but interestingly my dealership mentioned that I ordered a 2.3 l/7 sp. and really nobody else was so far. I assume the powertrain is used in Rangers also; but if they want the Henry Ford quick assembly method; they'll possible run low on automatic powertrains and put in the manuals to keep the line moving? This may go contray to the Date/Time stamps? Nothing against the Factory; but trying to coordinate our "Special Orders" on 100,000s of Broncos seems a really tall order?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So...

Right, the actual literal, down-to-the-millisecond timestamp that is in Ford's database is what will be used.

Reservation numbers were assignment more or less sequentially, but just from what we can see casually here, they appear to be divided into blocked groups, and they may skip numbers (and definitely do now that people have cancelled), and they definitely didn't start at zero. No idea how they got generated, but it's not a literal sequential order.

So...

You can get a general idea about where you are relative to others based on reservation numbers... but it's not actually what matters in the end.

Imagine if you had 5 people selling raffle tickets at an event, and they all split one giant roll of sequentially numbered tickets.... They're all selling tickets at the same time, and they're keeping a list of names of people they sell to, and the times they collected the money from them.

If you compared everyone's tickets at the end of the night, you could get a general idea about when during the evening someone bought their ticket based on the number.... but if you wanted to know exactly the order, you would have to refer to the list that the sellers kept.

Does that make sense?

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not an Industrial Engineer; without any knowledge of assembly line process; but interestingly my dealership mentioned that I ordered a 2.3 l/7 sp. and really nobody else was so far. I assume the powertrain is used in Rangers also; but if they want the Henry Ford quick assembly method; they'll possible run low on automatic powertrains and put in the manuals to keep the line moving? This may go contray to the Date/Time stamps? Nothing against the Factory; but trying to coordinate our "Special Orders" on 100,000s of Broncos seems a really tall order?
Yes, what you are explaining is well understood on the forum and dives into the "late availability" or "high demand" items (lookup the "Six Deadly" from the Ford email recently).

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/seven-deadly-options.11792/

OP is talking about something different.

Sponsored

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, they're not sequential. This has been beat to hell already. Someplace on here is a list of reservation numbers and dates. It becomes very clear the numbers mean other things.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's something else to the number variation then being purely sequential. I have a day 1 (1011 prefix)and a day 2(1021 prefix) reservation and just doing math and subtracting them. If I just subtracted them day 2 is 159k behind the other and we're up to the 104 prefix or later (300k+ from my day 1) with ford saying there's 190k reservations.

OP
OP
FTBronco9

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No, they're not sequential. This has been beat to hell already. Someplace on here is a list of reservation numbers and dates. It becomes very clear the numbers mean other things.
When asking where’d id be in their allocation line I was just told by a dealer that all his reservation numbers lined up with their time stamps in sequence order. Could this be an anomaly? Maybe. But it’s contrary to everything else I’ve read or been told.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right, the actual literal, down-to-the-millisecond timestamp that is in Ford's database is what will be used.
Timestamp only looks to be accurate to the second (UTC timestamp in ford.com detail reservation page data). So I am going to be mighty annoyed if 8 other people that ordered in that same second get their Broncos before me. ;)

created: "2020-07-14T02:01:29+0000"

OP
OP
FTBronco9

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There's something else to the number variation then being purely sequential. I have a day 1 (1011 prefix)and a day 2(1021 prefix) reservation and just doing math and subtracting them. If I just subtracted them day 2 is 159k behind the other and we're up to the 104 prefix or later (300k+ from my day 1) with ford saying there's 190k reservations.
See, my day 2 reservation starts 1012. Doesn’t make sense. Plus my friend ordered his an hour before mine and his is 1014.

Sponsored

Bajachuck

Wildtrak
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f-350, 1970 EB, 66 EB, plus 4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So...

Reservation numbers were assignment more or less sequentially, but just from what we can see casually here, they appear to be divided into blocked groups, and they may skip numbers (and definitely do now that people have cancelled), and they definitely didn't start at zero. No idea how they got generated, but it's not a literal sequential order.

So...

You can get a general idea about where you are relative to others based on reservation numbers... but it's not actually what matters in the end.

Imagine if you had 5 people selling raffle tickets at an event, and they all split one giant roll of sequentially numbered tickets.... They're all selling tickets at the same time, and they're keeping a list of names of people they sell to, and the times they collected the money from them.

If you compared everyone's tickets at the end of the night, you could get a general idea about when during the evening someone bought their ticket based on the number.... but if you wanted to know exactly the order, you would have to refer to the list that the sellers kept.

Does that make sense?
Very helpful my number 101******* I ordered my wt on 7/13, about an hr after not being able to got a fe but have no idea of a time stamp. So where do I go to get it . I ask the dealer and he had no idea what I was talking about. Anyone?

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very helpful my number 101******* I ordered my wt on 7/13, about an hr after not being able to got a fe but have no idea of a time stamp. So where do I go to get it . I ask the dealer and he had no idea what I was talking about. Anyone?
Call Ford 1-800-334-4375, or if computer savvy search for "JSON payload" on this site and you can get it yourself on ford.com

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Where are you guys getting the time stamp from?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
We need a code breaker up in here to figure it out...

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Timestamp only looks to be accurate to the second (UTC timestamp in ford.com detail reservation page data). So I am going to be mighty annoyed if 8 other people that ordered in that same second get their Broncos before me. ;)

created: "2020-07-14T02:01:29+0000"
So...

I called Ford Customer Service and spoke to them about timestamps and mine specifically. I directly asked for my time stamp and when they gave it to me it was 21:31 UTC which is 9:31pm on night of reveal. I then asked for them to also give me the seconds and they said “they don’t have / show seconds, all time stamps are in HR:MN / XX:XX format only and there are no seconds“. So, im Assuming that everyone in the same minute has the same time stamp so not sure how they’ll order folks in the same minute.

What @rtaylor shows above is the email reply time which shows seconds on it but, according to Ford our timestamp Doesn’t have them.
Sponsored