Sponsored

Do our reservation numbers lineup with our time stamp?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When asking where’d id be in their allocation line I was just told by a dealer that all his reservation numbers lined up with their time stamps in sequence order. Could this be an anomaly? Maybe. But it’s contrary to everything else I’ve read or been told.
Seriously. You’re over thinking this.

Time stamps will coincide with reservation numbers every time unless they don’t.

There’s no secret magic voodoo.

Switch to decaf.

;)
Sponsored

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We need a code breaker up in here to figure it out...

I would say @ZackDanger is most accurate. I'll code break this for you.

1. There is a difference between sequential and consecutive.
2. There is likely anomalies in the sequential nature on July 13/14 because of the system failures.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where are you guys getting the time stamp from?
Enable chrome developer tool, navigate to your detailed reservation on ford.com, then search on your reservation number. Time of reservation checkout in UTC (2:01:29 UTC in example).

Ford Bronco Do our reservation numbers lineup with our time stamp? 1611962301802

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When asking where’d id be in their allocation line I was just told by a dealer that all his reservation numbers lined up with their time stamps in sequence order. Could this be an anomaly? Maybe. But it’s contrary to everything else I’ve read or been told.

Don't worry about it. Your timestamp is what it is. Ford has that and will arrange orders by the actual timestamp and then by parts availability, so things are going to get mixed up pretty quick.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Timestamp only looks to be accurate to the second (UTC timestamp in ford.com detail reservation page data). So I am going to be mighty annoyed if 8 other people that ordered in that same second get their Broncos before me. ;)

created: "2020-07-14T02:01:29+0000"
I called Ford Customer Service and spoke to them about timestamps and mine specifically. I directly asked for my time stamp and when they gave it to me it was 21:31 UTC which is 9:31pm on night of reveal. I then asked for them to also give me the seconds and they said “they don’t have / show seconds, all time stamps are in HR:MN / XX:XX format only and there are no seconds“. So, im Assuming that everyone in the same minute has the same time stamp so not sure how they’ll order folks in the same minute.

What @rtaylor shows above is the email reply time which shows seconds on it but, according to Ford our timestamp Doesn’t have them.
For what it's worth... someone on the forum a bit ago mentioned that when they pull up reservations in their system, they can see it out to fractions of a second... not sure how or where they were looking, but I'd be shocked... SHOCKED if the ford reservation system didn't log it out beyond seconds.

Also remember that we can only see the consumer facing reservation data, which is clearly based off of something other than actual reservations (we have documented disagreements between known reservation times and what's shown... and what was ordered vs what is displayed)...

Not to mention if I was coding Ford customer service's screens, I would probably only make it display out to the minutes... I'm sure they never imagined a situation in which people would want to know it down to a millisecond.... especially when the alternative is making a 20 year old CS rep explain to Grandpa that his F150 was "reserved at 19:20:33.533 on 10DEC20"

Somewhere on Ford's back end your reservation number is tied to an internal record with your exact time stamp, payment information, demographics, browser data, favorite food, etc etc etc.

That data is out there....
Ford Bronco Do our reservation numbers lineup with our time stamp? Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 18.33.25

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd be shocked... SHOCKED if the ford reservation system didn't log it out beyond seconds.
Although it would be really funny if we find out someday that the reveal night issues were due to the system being unable to timestamp more than one reservation per second... :D

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Although it would be really funny if we find out someday that the reveal night issues were due to the system being unable to timestamp more than one reservation per second... :D
Actually... that would help to explain this picture of Fords reservation server:

Ford Bronco Do our reservation numbers lineup with our time stamp? F1131686-D9A6-40BE-83C3-8103ADC5B865
Sponsored