Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I never wanted a heated steering wheel until I experienced the Nirvana of one in an 2020 Expedition on a Cold Wyoming night. With that said, its a shame no cold weather package for the Bronco. I'll be rocking some gloves as usual in my Black Diamond. Heated seats of course. lol
Sponsored

Tlarkinjeri

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Mariner, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As OP stated, they got me. To go from 2 door base to heated seats is about $6,380- BB (+$4,885)+mid ($1495). That is $34,880 +delivery and taxes with a 4 cyl MT paying for remote start that they won't give me. My other option is to go aftermarket and risk voiding the warranty for any electrical issues that come up....
Heated seats after a long day at work,or play, make a big difference in being able to do it again the next day.
The off roading is a great way to stay adventurous in our 50s but I don't like getting hosed for something that has been in many lesser vehicles for over a decade.
I will still get a Bronco - I am not insane. That's why they know they can hose us.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford has done some major dickhead moves here by locking out certain big “wants” unless you pay big bucks for the upper tier mechanicals. Then you still cannot access the goodies at once. They’ve been locked into Lux.

there will be a crappy radio like in my 2012 SEL Edge or a crazy expensive B&O. Nothing in between. That’s a douche move.

the reat of the Lux package is debatable as to”luxe.”

Adaptive Cruise Control; B&O Sound System with 10 speakers including a subwoofer; Evasive Steering Assist; heated steering wheel; universal garage door opener; 2 additional front row smart-charging USB ports; Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System; and wireless charging pad

I dont want the evasive steering. Adaptive cruise is a nice idea but overpriced here. The rest of it? It’s Alexa for a Garmin, a Qi pad, a few plugs and A garage opener. For thousands of dollars?

then, locking a warmed steering wheel in Lux is a royally dickhead move. Ford is in Michigan. It’s godamned cold in Michigan. To put the warmed wheel in the Lux, accessible only via top end models, is truly being an asshole of a company.

Agreed
Imagine living in a hot climate and wanting the b & o stereo but now you have a heated steering wheel to boot.

Their design team knocked the Bronco out of the park. Their finishing team has handled this as poorly as possible. Many people are walking away now until they get their act together.

Sponsored

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ends up being a $7000 penalty (minimum) to get to heated seats from a base.
Naah, I'm all about Base Squatch and have been quite content since deciding on that.
If you’re handy, you can install a seat heater kit for less than $200.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As OP stated, they got me. To go from 2 door base to heated seats is about $6,380- BB (+$4,885)+mid ($1495). That is $34,880 +delivery and taxes with a 4 cyl MT paying for remote start that they won't give me. My other option is to go aftermarket and risk voiding the warranty for any electrical issues that come up....
Heated seats after a long day at work,or play, make a big difference in being able to do it again the next day.
The off roading is a great way to stay adventurous in our 50s but I don't like getting hosed for something that has been in many lesser vehicles for over a decade.
I will still get a Bronco - I am not insane. That's why they know they can hose us.
One thing to note - no manufacturer offer remote start with a manual.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Actually if you want manual trans and heated seats it’s a much larger price jump since ford decided you can’t add mid package to anything with manual except badlands. For the price jump from 2 dr base to badlands+mid you’re 2/3 the way to a second 2dr bronco base.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One thing to note - no manufacturer offer remote start with a manual.
No manufacturer offers It with manual but not all of them make you pay for it anyways. Some change the package/option cost when adding to a manual trans since you don’t get remote start. Some, like ford on the one bronco trim you can add any packages to with manual trans, don’t change the price so you’re essentially paying for remote start that you won’t get.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is no penalty for buying something you want. If the package is $10k and you want the heated sphincter warmer and grape peeling option, then that's what it costs for what you want. It's like going to the grocery store and complaining about the penalty for buying a gallon of milk. You're not getting penalized for buying milk if you want a cold glass of milk while enjoying your Oreos.

I don't get it. If you want something, buy it. If it's too expensive for you to pay for, then you don't want it, you want your money, and if that's the case, you should keep it. The flip-side of all that is you want something for less than it's worth. I think they should have made the B&O sound system standard on all models that I'm interested in, so it should be standard on the Badlands. The price of the Badlands should be discounted too, to something less than I'm willing to pay.

It seems there are so many entitled mediocre minds that don't understand Ford isn't building this vehicle for "you". They are building this vehicle for them. They are building a vehicle to turn a profit. None of what they are doing is based on what you want. It is based on what they think they can sell, just like everything else. Ford isn't stupid because they put the sound system package with a bunch of sh*t I don't want. They did that intentionally so I give them more of my money if I decide I "need" the sound system. In this case, they priced it just a little too high, so I'm going without it, but I think I "need" the sound deadening, so I'm paying for it, and getting a bunch of crap I couldn't care less about. Good on them, they priced it just right to get my $, but had it been slightly more, I'd have skipped it too.

They aren't stupid, they're smart.

Last edited:

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who really needs all this extra shit?

So many 1st world problems...:unsure:
I mean, let's be honest here, being in a position to reserve a vehicle at all (mind you, a vehicle nobody truly knows when they'll physically own) is the epitome of a first world problem.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Back in 2005 I ordered a Mini Cooper S convertible from the factory and was able to choose from a vast array of options that didn't force me into onerous and expensive trim packages just to get Item X. Cloth seats + premium audio + cold weather package + manual transmission + Xenon headlamps? Sure! Just check the boxes and wait for your build to arrive.

Sadly all these years later that experience has remained the exception to the rule.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is normal for any car company. The frustration shouldn't be why parts are only for certain trims, it should be why is there not more transparency on adding parts later and associated prices. Ford literally has first dibs on aftermarket part sales to bronco buyers but they haven't given us any real breakdown for the parts, prices, and modularity. I stopped coming to this site daily because it just reminds me of Ford failing this whole thing (no its not driving hype its frustration) and I end up with a foul taste in my mouth.

I'm buying bronco either way. But if come delivery day there's still no further details or pricing or changes to anything that further annoys me, I'll just sell it for a quick profit and look for something else.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have a foul taste in your mouth, it could be your latte. A lot of coffee is ground or extracted incorrectly and it creates a foul taste, often bitter. I'd try there first.
Sponsored