First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
please don't let that be a pony they are hiding on the front fascia.
Agreed. They already went too far with the tri bar taillights... if they put a pony on it, I have little faith left in Ford

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I honestly think it looks good. I think Ford segmenting their SUV’s into a range of on and off-road capability is genius. I know people get upset about the “lineage of the mustang” but that lineage included an awful lot of dogshit between 1974-2014. I have no problems with this as it seems to actually have a pretty cool premise and execution.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This whole pony debacle is silly in my opinion. If you like the car would it really keep you from buying it? If you don’t like it then will it keep you from buying a mustang?

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
if they put a pony on it, I have little faith left in Ford
please don't let that be a pony they are hiding on the front fascia.
Don't you think this is just an evolutionary fait accompli? I think if Ford transitioned out of the auto business and into bicycles, there would be a "Mustang" model. Same with EVs.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks pretty slick from rear side angle, the front is wait and see. Should be no question that it jumps to the top of the heap of American made plugins.

Last edited:

whomst

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agreed. They already went too far with the tri bar taillights... if they put a pony on it, I have little faith left in Ford
Oh please, stop being so dramatic. This model is a game changer for this brand. It's not half-assed and will not tarnish the Mustang name.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Oh please, stop being so dramatic. This model is a game changer for this brand. It's not half-assed and will not tarnish the Mustang name.
The only question is how much it will tarnish the mustang image.
The only place to go from having the most iconic vehicle name/image on the planet, is down.

They made the front of the mustang look exactly like the fusion in 15, to the point is was difficult
to tell exactly from a bit far off, front view really which car was coming at you. It's a shame this
new SUV won't strand on it's own with a new look.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only question is how much it will tarnish the mustang image.
The only place to go from having the most iconic vehicle name/image on the planet, is down.

They made the front of the mustang look exactly like the fusion in 15, to the point is was difficult
to tell exactly from a bit far off, front view really which car was coming at you. It's a shame this
new SUV won't strand on it's own with a new look.
The mustang has arguably had 2 good generations and 4 that are various shades of mediocre-dogshit. If it can survive that it can survive this, if not be improved by it IMO. I’d take a Mach E over any mustang but from 1974-2014 honestly.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The mustang has arguably had 2 good generations and 4 that are various shades of mediocre-dogshit. If it can survive that it can survive this, if not be improved by it IMO. I’d take a Mach E over any mustang but from 1974-2014 honestly.
In your opinion, what are the 2 good ones and the 4 mediocre-dogshit ones? I'd place it at 4-2 if anything, or maybe 4.5 and 1.5. and simply put the Mustang II was more of the Mustang holding to it's roots with the times. Only in hindsight was it a shitty car for what the mustang represents, and most of the prior owners of them I know fondly remember that little POS.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
In your opinion, what are the 2 good ones and the 4 mediocre-dogshit ones? I'd place it at 4-2 if anything, or maybe 4.5 and 1.5. and simply put the Mustang II was more of the Mustang holding to it's roots with the times. Only in hindsight was it a shitty car for what the mustang represents, and most of the prior owners of them I know fondly remember that little POS.
1st gen and 6th gen are amazing. 5th gen is ok for the later years, 3rd gen ok as a mod vehicle, 2nd and 4th gen absolutely suck.
Sponsored