First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
The price is what got me.... $39k for a crew cab pickup is already a damn good deal. (I like the 6.5 foot bed too)

The front end looks amazing but the back end is fuuugly though. I was a bit worried this might sway me from the Bronco but I'm safe :)
Sponsored

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do you not pass out with that boner you surely must be sporting all day everyday?
I've had some great cars and driven some epic cars but the 350 and especially the R are something special. It may share parts with the rental Stang but 30 seconds behind the wheel and you see how special it is. People used to come over and ask "why do you have two yellow mustangs?" Now they just mostly choose the yellow over avalanche(replaced yellow tech with avalanche R).

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just watched the Cybrtrk reveal. If it really does all the stuff Elon says, it will be a very high bar for other manufacturers to reach - from a spreadsheet perspective. It won't be everybody's cup of tea cosmetically.

My guess is it isn't nearly ready for prime time, but there was some exigency to do a reveal for cash flow. He's good at manipulating his stock prices.

Windows need work.
Damn was on road tonight totally missed the stream. Sound good?

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is fugly as hell, but the stats aren't bad. Would be interested to see weight, some info more information on suspension, few other things.

14k tow max in the 70k version, 500 mile range, AWD, air suspension, looks like if delorian made a pickup. 10s 1/4 mile in top model, <3s 0-60. 3500 payload all models.

Body made out of SST, so that and with batteries will likely be heavy as well. The base model starts off at a nice price point, 39,900 for a crew cab, 6.5' bed, 250 mile range.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm not really sure how to take it. Visually, it's a huge departure, and maybe not in a good way. Utilitarian, in a 1980's vision of the future... Cool, in a retro sci-fi way.

$40k base 250mi range, up to $70k 500mi range. If it does everything he says it will, it will attract buyers for the capability alone, but... not sure how many landscapers or logging company foremen are going to take to it aesthetically. Loved the built-in ramp in the tailgate and using the air suspension to give a lower deck height for loading. I was surprised that the tailgate closed manually. 110 and 220v outlet, plus onboard air... 16" ground clearance, gimme central inflation and it will make me drool. But I'm not a buyer, it comes off as too ostentatious for me unless they tone it down some.

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 10.42.31 PM.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
on paper yes real good... visually not so much..

let’s just say that if the Cybertruck and the new Silverado HD were in a competition to see who could make an uglier truck, it would be debatable.

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not really sure how to take it. Visually, it's a huge departure, and maybe not in a good way. Utilitarian, in a 1980's vision of the future... Cool, in a retro sci-fi way.

$40k base 250mi range, up to $70k 500mi range. If it does everything he says it will, it will attract buyers for the capability alone, but... not sure how many landscapers or logging company foremen are going to take to it aesthetically. Loved the built-in ramp in the tailgate and using the air suspension to give a lower deck height for loading. I was surprised that the tailgate closed manually. 110 and 220v outlet, plus onboard air... 16" ground clearance, gimme central inflation and it will make me drool. But I'm not a buyer, it comes off as too ostentatious for me unless they tone it down some.

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 10.42.31 PM.png
I'm convinced Elon is trolling us and it won't actually look like this.... right??

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm convinced Elon is trolling us and it won't actually look like this.... right??
I'm not. the new 'glass' and the heavy/thick SST unibody explain why they ended up going with all straight lines. it would be prohibitively expensive to build anything else but simple geometric shapes. And he doesn't design vehicles for the rural type, they are for urbanites and suburbanites, so some characteristics of a typical pickup, like having a usable bed (being able to load/unload over the side) where overlooked/not considered

If they made some angle between the frunk and windshield, flattened the roof, and made a box bed instead of this angled thing, basically at least somewhat closer to a typical pickup lines, it would be very reasonable.

But I think that Musk is too far divorced from reality, and the silicon valley type is too far divorced from people who work with their hands, that they think this could actually work for workers.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love that they pushed the envelope, but I think they pushed it right off the end of the table. Rivian for example made a very safe bet that will probably work out for them. I would have liked to see the same ramped front and chiseled features of the Tesla, literally cutting edge design ;) but with a flat roofline and flat bed sides. Not only would that be more practical for headroom and reaching cargo, I think it would strike a better balance between utilitarian and controversial

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
hmmm....Bronco.
Bronco is one of the best nameplates Ford has which is why they are sticking it on a new SUV.

Sticking the “Edsel” name on ANYTHING is probably one of the dumbest ideas I’ve ever heard.