J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 f250 king ranch 4wd, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone else had issues with the ford sync4 navigation maps and directions? First, my Badlands couldn't locate the Texas Off Roadeo in the Texas hill country, then I had a second issue trying to locate an established hotel in the same general area - it took me close but to a Pet hotel 500 yards away. Yesterday it couldn't find a relatives house on a street that has been there for at least 3 years. Seems like my system, or teh entire system doesn't have current maps. My phone apps work just fine. Just asking if this is common. Thanks
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone else had issues with the ford sync4 navigation maps and directions? First, my Badlands couldn't locate the Texas Off Roadeo in the Texas hill country, then I had a second issue trying to locate an established hotel in the same general area - it took me close but to a Pet hotel 500 yards away. Yesterday it couldn't find a relatives house on a street that has been there for at least 3 years. Seems like my system, or teh entire system doesn't have current maps. My phone apps work just fine. Just asking if this is common. Thanks
No sir. It's been flawless here in Phoenix and surrounding areas. Do you have the 8" base screen or the 12" screen/nav found in High/Lux? I seem to recall two different nav options in the build and price..

OP
OP
Jpursuit

Jpursuit

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No sir. It's been flawless here in Phoenix and surrounding areas. Do you have the 8" base screen or the 12" screen/nav found in High/Lux? I seem to recall two different nav options in the build and price..
12" screen in high package

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The two different nav systems don't have to do it the screen size, it has to do with whether you opted for the built-in navigation or just the connected navigation. Built-in comes included with Lux.

You may verify when your maps were last updated.

It reminds me once on my Verizon phone using Verizon navigation (this was back in the day before Google now was the primary), And it couldn't even locate the Verizon store.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes sir, the Ford navigation sucks even in metro areas, that’s why we let it expire.

We used it for the three months on probably 4 or 5 road trips, one being 3k miles. And it failed repeatedly to take us to our destination, such that we had to confirm if it was right using Google Maps before we’d trust it. The strangest thing was when it told us that an entire freeway was closed while we’re driving on it. And every single time on the 105 Freeway going home, it wants us to take a 20-mile detour through downtown LA, even though we’re 5 miles from home.

The only upside to the Ford navigation is that it allows you to punch in a destination while driving, by clicking a button attesting that you are the passenger. Google makes you pull over to change the destination, which is lame af but at least I can trust those directions.

ETA: Also, the claim on their website that you will have access to the map even off the grid, is not true. Three times off roading it’s gone completely unavailable, even though we’re only a few miles from a highway. This is what it looks like when that happens:

Ford Bronco Ford Navigation map issues 1638029265597

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jpursuit

Jpursuit

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes sir, the Ford navigation sucks even in metro areas, that’s why we let it expire.

We used it for the three months on probably 4 or 5 road trips, one being 3k miles. And it failed repeatedly to take us to our destination, such that we had to confirm if it was right using Google Maps before we’d trust it. The strangest thing was when it told us that an entire freeway was closed while we’re driving on it. And every single time on the 105 Freeway going home, it wants us to take a 20-mile detour through downtown LA, even though we’re 5 miles from home.

The only upside to the Ford navigation is that it allows you to punch in a destination while driving, by clicking a button attesting that you are the passenger. Google makes you pull over to change the destination, which is lame af but at least I can trust those directions.

ETA: Also, the claim on their website that you will have access to the map even off the grid, is not true. Three times off roading it’s gone completely unavailable, even though we’re only a few miles from a highway. This is what it looks like when that happens:

Ford Bronco Ford Navigation map issues 1638029265597
I guess the built in navigation system is completely separate from the connected one that I have. Don't understand why they may be separate. Where can I see the date of the most recent map update for my system. I don't see that its updating over the air. My 3 month trial has about 4 weeks left and , right now, I'm inclined to not renew it unless the renewal comes with better maps. I would consider extending the subscription to get the trail maps if that developing app requires the nav to be turned on.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would consider extending the subscription to get the trail maps if that developing app requires the nav to be turned on.
That app will be available by September.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't have mine, yet, so consider that in this question. Why not use the phone connected?

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don't have mine, yet, so consider that in this question. Why not use the phone connected?
That’s what most people will end up doing; connecting to their favorite nav app on their phone via CarPlay or Android Whatever.

The infuriating part is how Ford advertises that you’ll still have access to nav outside of cellular service, but the screen goes blank a few miles from a highway.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jpursuit

Jpursuit

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bababue

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250 lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Waiting on a lux pkg Badlands but when talking to my salesman about Nav, I remember him telling me that none of the nav options are actual GPS based. He claimed that it’s through cell service. So my question is what happens when out of cel service. I live in Northern Pa and cell service is non existent in some areas near me

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think anyone is getting a Ford for the digital technology...fyi
Sponsored