First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As long as I've been a member here I've watched others express outrage over surprise dealer markups. Well, today It's my turn. Ford of Clermont, a small local dealer was purchased last month by the Morgan Auto Group which, if I'm correct, has 50+ stores in Florida. Late last week I caught a whiff that they were surprising order holders w/ substantial markups at delivery. My wife went on line and found multiple negative reviews about these markups.

Our Bronco is supposed to arrive next week, although it hasn't been shipped yet. After requesting, I received my closing numbers this morning. The short story is my out the door price has been increased about $16.5k from original documents. About $1,500 of that is an increase in sticker price from when I ordered. So the surprise increases are about $15k comprised of several different line items and the tax on them.

So I called Ford Bronco Support Team this morning. The story there is I don't qualify for any sticker price protection and although they don't like and wish dealers wouldn't do it, there is absolutely nothing they can do about ADM. I've read here some folks have gotten help from Ford, but there was none for me.

As BB King used to sing, "The Thrill is Gone". Surprisingly, I'm not angry, just very disappointed and tired. I'll request return of my $500 deposit and move on. NEVER, EVER another Ford. A Jeep 4 dr Wrangler Rubicon Xtreme Recon may be in my future.

I'm in my early 70's and one thing I don't have is unlimited time. Eight months into this and who knows how long to get a Jeep. So my Bronco internet friends, I'm out. It is what it is.

BTW, I will probably sell a brand new Rough Country Winch mount for the mod bumper and a brand new J-Tops bimini w/ pale blue and white flag. Oh, and a decal which says "This is not my husband's Bronco". :)

Take care. Contented

Update: Within four minutes of texting my sales advisor I was out, he called me and said make a counter offer and so I did - a minuscule amount. I know what a comparably equipped Jeep costs (at least $6k more) and I don't like to "bite off my nose.... " as the saying goes. About thirty minutes after that, sales advisor called me back again and said the whole $10k markup was a mistake and they removed it all. What they wouldn't take out is a $2,500 Advantage program which is the usual over priced high profit crap like fancy wax and fabric protection, roadside assistance, nitrogen filled tires, etc, etc. So with tax and everything else we're about $3k over original numbers. I'll live w/ that.

As an aside, they were even discussing refunding the $10k to other customers that paid it.

Update # 2. Kudos where kudos are due. While I was actively pursuing a Jeep to take the place of my Bronco, I dealt w/ Stephen Stoner of Napleton Jeep in Clermont, Fl. He must have answered 15-20 questions via text over the weekend and had to have been at home w/ his family part of the time. He was in the process of getting me a price on my Jeep build. Second is Aaron Skinner of Jim Brown JDCR in Date City, Florida. He got a price back to me by late afternoon of the day I contacted him. No ADM, no BS fees, just the price to the penny out the door. I won't forget either of these guys when time to buy another vehicle rolls around.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I understand your position. Your perspective given your age is understandable as well. Jeep makes a great vehicle As well. Nobody deserves to be screwed like that.

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That sucks. Ford should really penalize these dealers. Customer orders should be protected from greed. The dealerships do nothing but take delivery on your behalf. They have no stake in the building, or shipping process. They want to raise the prices of the vehicles that are dealer ordered, go right ahead, but customer orders should not be touched.

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since it's no one's Bronco at this point, Ford could decide to not let this dealership screw you, and have you purchase it at another. Instead they sit back and laugh.
This!
And since we all agree ford owns it till they dont

although I’ve read ford invoices before it’s built

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know other dealers that have been purchased, but they clearly stated that those who have reservations with a signed purchase agreement would be honored by the new dealership.

Did you show the new dealer your signed purchase agreement? They should be legally bound to that contract since they purchased the dealership and those contracts.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford made the Bronco to pull offroad market share from jeep and Toyota. But Ford dealers' customer interactions are pushing all potential customers to Fords' competitors, permanently. This will be the end of Ford in time, if they don't switch to direct purchases or reign in the bad actor dealers.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This!
And since we all agree ford owns it till they dont

although I’ve read ford invoices before it’s built
Ford ceases ownership at gate code check. From there the shipping company owns the vehicle. Ford has authority over future allocation of dealer orders, and also may be able to recall the vehicle in question from the dealer, but they technically don't own it as it leaves the factory. Its incredibly frustrating. I dont think dealers should be abolished outright obviously, but direct customer orders should be signed to the customer straight from the shipper, rather than going to the dealership as an unnecessary intermediary.

Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
That sucks. Ford should really penalize these dealers. Customer orders should be protected from greed. The dealerships do nothing but take delivery on your behalf. They have no stake in the building, or shipping process. They want to raise the prices of the vehicles that are dealer ordered, go right ahead, but customer orders should not be touched.
Well put and any reasonable person should agree. I worked for Nissan for four years and would flip out if the GM tried to pull something like that but he wouldn't.

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sorry that it happened to you, hope everything works out for you!

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Make sure you don’t sign any forms releasing the vehicle to them. Make it go against them so that MAYBE Ford will count this towards an allocation punishment. Dealers marking up customer orders deserve some kind of damage from this.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dang real sorry to hear that, can't imagine how gutted you must feel. If you have any interest Rush Truck Center out by John Young and Princeton is a great place to go, its where I got mine. I feared the same outcome even though I had signed purchase agreements, I asked them to confirm and the lot manager personally came in to explain they value repeat business and never do that crap.

My lone experience is one thing but I at least wanted to share it if you're still interested. Great place to go and I will do future business there whenever the time comes

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man, this is very, very sad. So sorry to hear. And it's all for power and greed of the dealership- no other reason at all. They probably make a huge profit as it is even selling at MSRP. So why do they have to do this.....
Sponsored