First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had no paint quality issues with my 2008 Bullitt Mustang. But several owners reported problems underneath the hood - where it rusted on the lip. And I had no paint quality issues with my 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII.
Sponsored

honus01

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My paint on my 2017 mustang looks great and very little orange peel but if you sneeze by it will chip. Now on my 2018 F150 the paint is really good. Smooth very little orange peel and does not chip easy.
Which paint color was your 2017? I had a 2016 race red that chipped SO EASILY. I have Ruby Red now and it seems to be more sturdy.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford paint is miles better than on my Mazda.

I have had a 04 and 07 Mustang and the paint was great.

My 2012 Focus had a little orange peel but fantastic. Almost 100K miles and maybe 5 to 10 rock chips if that.

Wifes 2013 Edge paint was flawless, 2016 Explorer with the exception of the hood rust bubbles that were taken care of with a new hood flawless, some chips but she drives to close to everyone.

MIL and FIL both have newer fords and they don't have any unreasonable amount of paint chips.

Mom and dad and sister and brother in law all have 16 or newer Fords and paint is great. moms fusion has some orange peel, but is durable.

Now my mazda on the other hand, is barely 2 years old 24K miles and has over 30 chips in the hood. I am pretty sure I can stare at it and flake the paint off it

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Awesome replies so far. Sounds like it depends on the model and year for issues (which makes sense). Also seems like the Focus did alright for paint and that is where the current Bronco/Ranger are being built. So, maybe that’s a good sign.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Owned Fords since 1986, 9 to be exact. No problems whatsoever. It's all in how one takes care of the vehicle. You just can't let any car set in the sun everyday without any maintenance, and expect it to last.

Sponsored

deznut

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here in the southwest... Solid colors hold up better... Managed a small shop with "F" series in white and sales guys with Rangers in red.... Both looked clean even after years of use and cheap car washes... living in Vegas...race red may be my best color, with white as a back up... Gotta have a white top

borgnineamc

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Base
2003 Excursion with 256k on it, paint is original and still looks excellent!
Ford Bronco Ford Paint Quality. ? ? 20200827_123619_HDR

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've owned several 2004 cobras and the issue back then wasn't the paint itself or clearcoat. Those held up with with proper care. The issue then use usually poor spraying in certain spots of the vehicle, like lower half of the front bumper, under the hood, rocker panels.

On the other hand my 2013 explorer and escape had zero paint issues.

First Name
dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Which paint color was your 2017? I had a 2016 race red that chipped SO EASILY. I have Ruby Red now and it seems to be more sturdy.
Mine is gray. And It only has 12k miles! Chipped so easy since new in 16 and still chips just as easy.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've never had any complaints with the vehicles I had. Tow Ruby Red Focus hatchbacks and Escape.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
First hand experience from somebody who grew up working in a restoration and detail shop: Lightning Blue on the 2019 Ranger has been a surprisingly robust color!

Now the bad news: They replaced Lightning Blue with Velocity Blue so I don't know how that will be.

Ford Bronco Ford Paint Quality. ? ? flaps 2

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My 2016 F-150 has a Ruby Red paint job. It is a premium paint that cost extra, but was well worth it. It looks the same as it did when I bought it which is beautiful. Get lots of compliments on it. Now have 80,000 miles with no paint issues and it is parked outside due to garage dimensions. That said, I take good care of it.

RRaptor

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Raptor is Performance Blue and it looks great. I have a couple chips and small scratches but those were self inflicted.

RubyRuin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The left corner of my 2016 Mustang C/S's rear bumper had some layering issues with the clearcoat, and resulted in needing to have it resprayed. I didn't mind it at the time because it allowed me to get the GT 350 rear valance/exhaust put on at a reduced cost.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only paint issues I had with my old Mustang was when I got a Fiberglass vented hood and the shop didn't do it right, orange peel

otherwise no complaints
Sponsored