Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not to start a chair throwing thread, but Ford has had a long history of sporadic paint issues. Some of it self inflicted (being cheap) and some of it for being cutting edge (plastic parts). However, I’m willing to forgive the past if they can do it right in the present and future.

If you search for any topic online, you’re only going to get the worst of it. So, recent Ford owners (especially new Ranger owners), how has your experience been? Should we be worried? Should we be excited? I’d love to hear your experience.
Sponsored

honus01

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There were some weird mistakes on my mustang where the black roof met the A pillar. Unclear why and it doesn't affect much, just looks wrong - with a visible seam where paint stacked up

fastone

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2013 F-150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bought a 2019 Escape Titanium in March. Believe the color is called Sea Green. I also have a 2013 F-150 in Kodiak Brown. The feel of the paint between the two is very different. F-150 is nice and smooth but the Escape is rough. Not orange peel but just rough.

Due to a rock from a dump truck landing on the hood causing a quarter sized dent but no paint chip. Had the dent removed and the whole hood was painted by a local body shop.

Now if you run your hand over the hood on to a fender, it will go from smooth and slick to rough and causes fingers to stop with same pressure applied.

Disappointed in the Escape paint quality.

--Dave

GetBucked

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've had 0 paint issues on my 2014 Focus ST. I also thoroughly wash/detail it every 1-2 weeks so I have gone over every inch of paint on that car hundreds of times.

Hopefully that holds true on the Bronco ?

Sponsored
First Name
dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My paint on my 2017 mustang looks great and very little orange peel but if you sneeze by it will chip. Now on my 2018 F150 the paint is really good. Smooth very little orange peel and does not chip easy.

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Used to have a 2014 Ford Escape in Sunset Orange (beautiful color) and the paint chipped like crazy. Had probably 15-20 paint chips (1-2mm in size) along the hood and sides of the car. My 2018 F-150 is Lead Foot Gray and hasn’t had any paint issues.

Washbjj88

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2014 ford escape paint looks good to me but we also have a 2018 Tesla model 3 with noticeable issues. i'm not a paint or detail professional so i'm sure i'm overlooking other issues and imperfections. But over all the escape looks about as good as the Tesla has in a third of the time. Hopefully, Ford's paint quality hasn't gotten too bad and @fastone experience is not the norm.

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The positive to a mediocre paint job is it's easy to tell if it's had paint work. When I was shopping for a mustang cobra a few years back I'd just look for the orange peel to verify it wasn't repainted.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My old F150 had some weird flaking on the inner fenders where the hood joined. It wasn't rubbing or anything, it was just simply flaking where I don't believe it was cleared. All the many other Fords I've owned have been pretty solid in the area.

Sponsored

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The paint was garbage on both of my Mustangs.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've owned several Ford's over the past 25 years and never had an issue with paint. I still own my 2001 Bullitt and the 19 year old paint looks fantastic.

chapelbullitt.jpg

Pieman

Badlands
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Expedition, ‘22 BS, ‘23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2018 Expedition - Been over the paint many times in the last 18 months (just something about a cold beer, bucket of suds, and a favorite album cranked on a Sunday afternoon) certainly not a show car, also no complaints

jasonof2010

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata, Focus ST, GMC Sierra beater truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've had a 02 Focus ZX3, an 04 SVT Focus, a 2013 Focus ST, a 2015 Focus SE and a 2018 Focus ST and a 2013 Lincoln MKT. None of them had paint problems.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Owned lots of Ford's and worked on tons. Ford doesn't usually come to mind regarding quality. Chevy and Dodge are the ones who have had the most issues through the years. I would say Ford is on par with the top ones.
Sponsored