First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Code Orange Braptor, 2022 Black Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If I am not mistaken, the cost is associated with the fact that it is a carbon fiber material....and for those giving the guy a hard time about the cost....geez, I see people pay $80 plus dollars for a decal, or other silly things to add...to each his own!
Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whats the benefit here? I know the additional frame brace helps with towing capacity but what does the roll bar brace do for us?

PCDan

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Forgive the stupid question but what exactly does this do? Is it to stiffen the body (prevent body roll?)
No it doesnā€™t do squat and doesnā€™t do anything for body roll. Maybe a slight help in a rollover ā€¦ maybe. Sorry, but Itā€™s great for those that like to bolt on anything you can buy to bolt on for ā€œlooksā€ lol. Saw a guy in Moab last week that had so much crap that heā€™ll never use bolted on to his bronco it was ridiculous!

Last edited:

Sponsored

TomatoJuice

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrack 92 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice. Just did one myself in my wildtrack.
The bolts arenā€™t aligning due to the plastic trim on the roll bar. The raptor has a different trim piece as well as the upper mount bracket.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Braptor Rear Brace Installed on Everglades IMG_0978

This will square everything up and get you the stiffening by having 3 points secured.

Pkrpro19

Badlands
First Name
Jaxon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M Sport, Mercedes Benz E350, Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You could add. Use the part itself for a mounting template then PRECISELY drill and place rivnuts through the existing metal bar. Not a huge project, but might need to rent a hydraulic rivnut setter.

Same for the OP if one hole doesn't have threads of they are damaged. Drill it out carefully and install a new rivnut.

No. It help the chassis resist large loads from terrain.
Directly from Ford engineer- To stiffen the body, Ford added an extruded aluminum cross-brace to the B-pillar, and a carbon composite brace for the C-pillar crossmember and rear sport bar; chassis engineer Andy Lane says this cranked up torsional rigidity by 50 percent, and that this, along with re-tuned body mounts (stiffer up front to handle all the weight) yields a more comfortable cabin with better dynamic response.

Pkrpro19

Badlands
First Name
Jaxon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Directly from Ford engineer- To stiffen the body, Ford added an extruded aluminum cross-brace to the B-pillar, and a carbon composite brace for the C-pillar crossmember and rear sport bar; chassis engineer Andy Lane says this cranked up torsional rigidity by 50 percent, and that this, along with re-tuned body mounts (stiffer up front to handle all the weight) yields a more comfortable cabin with better dynamic response.

PCDan

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Oh well hell, I better run out and buy one ASAP because my FE is so bendy LOL. Itā€™s called marketing !

Last edited:

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sponsored

Pkrpro19

Badlands
First Name
Jaxon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh well hell, I better run out and buy one ASAP because my FE is so bendy LOL. Itā€™s called marketing !
Just be honest, you stuck your foot in your mouth when you donā€™t know what youā€™re talking about. Congrats on the FE, quite an achievement!

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Omg that giant dealer sticker ,I can't unsee it.
That was literally the first thing I thought.... Take it to the dealer to fix the bad threading for the screw that wont go in, and have them remove the sticker at the same time. I would have been pissed if my dealer did that to mine

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

PCDan

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just be honest, you stuck your foot in your mouth when you donā€™t know what youā€™re talking about. Congrats on the FE, quite an achievement!
Oh really ? Lol.
That brace wonā€™t do squat for the OPs rig. He should invest in his steering if he wants to make his truck upgraded. Itā€™s marketing something 99% of us donā€™t need and will never push the truck hard enough to realize the gain. Bring you truck out here to Moab and youā€™ll see ā€¦. Itā€™s for ā€œlooksā€ like so many of the comments here confirm.
Sponsored

Last edited: