John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is what was quoted by Ford in all of the reveal articles for KOH

Ford is promising “one never-before-seen Bronco model debuts live Wednesday at King of the Hammers.”

I think that word 'model', was a really poor use of words which would have avoided this whole issue. They touted it like it was something you could buy. I have never heard of a new model as something that was a concept or non-production vehicle which is exactly what was revealed. Again a poor showing from Ford marketing that could have been completely avoided had they used some common sense.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OMG...my head is spinning at the idea of down the road being able to swap in frigging portals. Since this started as a squatch...please please use the same spline count axle shafts...or at worst the upgraded ones from Ford perf.

If each hub is something like 1k each for 2k for the front that would be VERY tempting...fuggin a man.

GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's stated that this vehicle was built out of a 2-door Sasquatch.

And all the parts they added are listed in the description... and they're way too specific for these to just be a tease or one-off set of kit:

So, the implication is that you could buy your 2-door basesquatch, pull out your credit card, and build one of these for yourself.

Additionally, "factory racing teams" are ways for companies to fund development and stress test components. They absolutely sell units when they win, but product development does come out of it. (See motorcycle racing as a prime example of this.)
When you read the list of parts that replaces everything in the Sasquatch package, why even mention the Sasquatch package with regards to these race trucks other than marketing purposes for a new vehicle?

If I wanted to throw money at building a 2 door Bronco that matched these vehicles specs, I wouldn't waste money buying the Sasquatch package.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow, you guys are such downers. How do you all make it through the day?

It’s awesome that Ford is clearly showing commitment to this vehicle and this brand in the off-road racing world. As a racing fan and a competitor on the two-wheeled side this is awesome to see! This means the bronco will be around for many years to come and will be constantly improving.

Clearly this is not just another new vehicle for Ford, it’s the beginning of a whole new family of vehicles.

Many of you need to remember that the world doesn’t revolve around you and your perpetual needs for Ford to sell you a white top from the factory for MY ‘21 and have it in your driveway by June. Clearly the team working on the 4600 trucks is completely different than those getting ready for production so it has literally zero effect on your precious build.

I like this site but Jesus Christ you guys will complain about everything Ford does, even the cool shit that’s not a Ford screw-up. Gotta let them have a win every once in a while.

Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow B6G is in full cry baby mode today 😂

giphy.gif

You all really thought the Bronco Warthog would be revealed today 😂

Lay off the Kool-aid and eat more pineapple pizza.

I do blame Ford for this crying and hate though. They said they were going to unveil a Bronco model. They should have shown the heritage and then shown off this cool race truck.
This is like a reveal for the 1%.

So like when are they going to reveal the Heritage Bronco?

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here is what was quoted by Ford in all of the reveal articles for KOH

Ford is promising “one never-before-seen Bronco model debuts live Wednesday at King of the Hammers.”

I think that word 'model', was a really poor use of words which would have avoided this whole issue. They touted it like it was something you could buy. I have never heard of a new model as something that was a concept or non-production vehicle which is exactly what was revealed. Again a poor showing from Ford marketing that could have been completely avoided had they used some common sense.
Not to start rumors but maybe they intentionally worded it that way to get views

I didn't watch the stream but I was checking here around 3pm for the reveal. Perhaps that's exactly what they intended smh....

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Would have been kinda cool if the First Edition was funky paint scheme like this and had the race R

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Ford Performance Debuts Bronco 4600 Race Trucks 1612386124679

Looks like the tailgate crowd got their wish. 😂

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, you guys are such downers. How do you all make it through the day?

It’s awesome that Ford is clearly showing commitment to this vehicle and this brand in the off-road racing world. As a racing fan and a competitor on the two-wheeled side this is awesome to see! This means the bronco will be around for many years to come and will be constantly improving.

Clearly this is not just another new vehicle for Ford, it’s the beginning of a whole new family of vehicles.

Many of you need to remember that the world doesn’t revolve around you and your perpetual needs for Ford to sell you a white top from the factory for MY ‘21 and have it in your driveway by June. Clearly the team working on the 4600 trucks is completely different than those getting ready for production so it has literally zero effect on your precious build.

I like this site but Jesus Christ you guys will complain about everything Ford does, even the cool shit that’s not a Ford screw-up. Gotta let them have a win every once in a while.
Yeah... all good points, but I really don't think you're comprehending how much Ford screwed this up and how much of a marketing disaster this is...

It's not green.

Sponsored

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's stated that this vehicle was built out of a 2-door Sasquatch.

And all the parts they added are listed in the description... and they're way too specific for these to just be a tease or one-off set of kit:

So, the implication is that you could buy your 2-door basesquatch, pull out your credit card, and build one of these for yourself.

Additionally, "factory racing teams" are ways for companies to fund development and stress test components. They absolutely sell units when they win, but product development does come out of it. (See motorcycle racing as a prime example of this.)
Thanks yeah right after i posted that i went back and read the damn thing ;)

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could have at least thrown the green peeps a bone