Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually the Broncos did win, there were only 5 trucks that finished on time, no matter how good of a driver you are your vehicle has to finish and that’s what the Broncos did. I for one think it’s great to know how durable the Broncos are. Good job Ford now it’s time for Toyota and Jeep to jump in and show us what they can do. Competition is always good for the consumer.
Even the 4600 stock Broncos share very few components with production Broncos besides frame , engine and transmission minus all the electronics and emissions. We probably won’t see Dana 60 rear , atlas transfer cases , portals, relocated suspension components, and custom fuel tanks any time soon making it the consumer.
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even the 4600 stock Broncos share very few components with production Broncos besides frame , engine and transmission minus all the electronics and emissions. We probably won’t see Dana 60 rear , atlas transfer cases , portals, relocated suspension components, and custom fuel tanks any time soon making it the consumer.
We ARE seeing the 1st few sets of "street" portals!
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/74weld-bronco-portals-now-available.78575/
And D60 is an option in semi float!
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/spicer-ultimate-dana-60-axle-4-wide-installed.88095/
Street and race will always be a little different, but alot of the tech is being carried over. Takes time, but its happening!

OP
OP
StinkBug

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The 4600 Broncos use more stock Bronco parts than most of the Jeeps in the class use stock Jeep parts. 🤷‍♂️

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think there is always going to be issues deriving the perfect "everyman" stock class. I think the 4600 does a pretty good job, but it's still hard for the every-man to compete with professional drivers with professional teams and budgets. I like the 4600 class, perhaps it would be better to make a new everyman class (instead of altering 4600) where the driver needs a day job (aside from a world class off-road parts/fab shop), the team is limited to only a couple buddies, no sponsorships, and keep most of the same stock vehicle requirements (though limiting to 35" tire is kind of silly in my opinion). Thats really the only way to let some skilled weekend warriors have a shot competing with each other in the long run in my opinion.

Sponsored

MikeOBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aprilia V4 Tuono
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was camping at the Bronco Nation Basecamp at KOH. Bailey Cole and the RTR crew brought their 4600 class cars up and chatted with everyone. They let us pull up next to the race cars in our Broncos for a picture. Very nice of them to share their time
Ford Bronco Bailey Cole Wins KOH 4600 Class in his Bronco! 20240202_163648
Ford Bronco Bailey Cole Wins KOH 4600 Class in his Bronco! 20240202_165902
Ford Bronco Bailey Cole Wins KOH 4600 Class in his Bronco! 20240202_162416
Ford Bronco Bailey Cole Wins KOH 4600 Class in his Bronco! 20240202_162018

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
RTR's UCA and coilover setup is interesting. Are the other 4600's setup the same way? The UCA looks to be mounted more forward and the coilover mounted more rearward?

MikeOBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aprilia V4 Tuono
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RTR's UCA and coilover setup is interesting. Are the other 4600's setup the same way? The UCA looks to be mounted more forward and the coilover mounted more rearward?
I am not really qualified to answer that question. I believe this "stock" class has to run the OEM suspension mounting locations, but I could be wrong. These Broncos were running the 74 Weld portals

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not really qualified to answer that question. I believe this "stock" class has to run the OEM suspension mounting locations, but I could be wrong. These Broncos were running the 74 Weld portals
I'm no rule book expert either but I don't think they need to keep the OEM hardpoints, just the OEM "Style" suspension. So leaf set up from factory has to race with leafs, cant convert to linked/coil. Similarly a coil-shock setup cant change to coilover. Also the wheelbase has to stay within a couple inches of factory spec.

I'm certain that J-arm upper control arm has all new pivots, to make room for the new coilover/coilover position. But I think the LCA's are still in the OEM position.

Sponsored
OP
OP
StinkBug

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm no rule book expert either but I don't think they need to keep the OEM hardpoints, just the OEM "Style" suspension. So leaf set up from factory has to race with leafs, cant convert to linked/coil. Similarly a coil-shock setup cant change to coilover. Also the wheelbase has to stay within a couple inches of factory spec.

I'm certain that J-arm upper control arm has all new pivots, to make room for the new coilover/coilover position. But I think the LCA's are still in the OEM position.
This is correct. You can't change the type of suspension, but you can build it however you want. All the coil sprung jeeps are running long arms with various link arrangements, nowhere near stock. I actually applaud Ford for keeping the front ends as close to stock as they are. Per the rulebook they could have gotten pretty wild with the A-Arm setup, really only limited by not being able to cut the frame or inner wheel well.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its mentioned in the video on the 2nd post of this thread. The 4600s are setup with a J arm UCA instead of the more traditional A arm.