Sponsored

Ford Performance Twin ARB Compressor mount doesnt fit.... Recommendations?

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yesterday I spent a few hours trying to install the Ford Performance Twin ARB Compressor mount because 4WP quoted me 6hours/$900 + for install. Long story short I found out the hard way that it does not fit... I have a K&N air intake and the intake box that houses the filter is bigger than the OEM so there is not enough space for the bracket that bolts on the inner fender frame next to the filter box.

I'm considering the AGS offroad tire carrier, I looked at the vertical mount by Grimm Offroad but it seems like its tight next to the OEM air box based on the Your tube videos I've seen of the install.

Any and all suggestions welcome!
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone out there was selling a bracket that oriented the compressor vertically, that might work. Hard to say without seeing a picture of that air intake. Maybe someone else can chime in.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yesterday I spent a few hours trying to install the Ford Performance Twin ARB Compressor mount because 4WP quoted me 6hours/$900 + for install. Long story short I found out the hard way that it does not fit... I have a K&N air intake and the intake box that houses the filter is bigger than the OEM so there is not enough space for the bracket that bolts on the inner fender frame next to the filter box.

I'm considering the AGS offroad tire carrier, I looked at the vertical mount by Grimm Offroad but it seems like its tight next to the OEM air box based on the Your tube videos I've seen of the install.

There was another thread recently with someone with the same problem.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

DV8 has a rear cargo holder

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Darcyjs14

Raptor
First Name
D’Arcy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Ford F250 Camper Special 4spd
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

+1 for dv8. Made my decision after reading another forum member’s post. We both have Braptors but the DV8 mount system was designed for all Broncos, it just installs slightly easier in Braptor.

OP
OP
AK007

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd say ditch the K&N.
I would, but its a day and night difference in power and immediately noticeable on the first drive after install. Its on my top 5 fav mods and would definitely recommend along with the ProCal.

Sponsored

Migo

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ran into the same problem with my Mishimoto intake and under hood mounting options. I ended up mounting my compressor on a molle panel in the cargo area. I ran all the wiring along the frame and back into the cargo area via one of the grommets. If I did it again, I would likely run the wiring through the existing wire run on the passenger side, under the sill plates. With that said, I have been very happy with the results.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
AK007

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pics of the K&N

IMG_4228.jpeg

IMG_4227.jpeg

IMG_4181.jpeg

IMG_4183.jpeg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I find that i'd rather have an onboard Air Compressor over an upgraded air filter. The upgraded air intakes honestly don't do much of anything. The stock air intakes work just as well then the aftermarket ones.
Sponsored