First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I love how he said there are no chips .. I'm build week 1/17 a limbo week. Our week legit only has 2 people who have picked up their bronco while build week 1/31 almost 100% of have picked up their bronco at the dealer and even build week 3/7 is getting more action than my week. There are chips. They just choose to add them to the broncos coming out the line instead of adding them to the broncos in the lot . Never getting another Ford again. Unreliable piece of shit company 😡

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not seeing this as good news as the demand is not going away and Ford and others may be dealing with the supply chain shortage well into 2023. . Nothing would surprise me anymore including my 7/20/20 reservation not arriving until next year. I'm glad now that I ordered a 2nd OBX minus the SAS/MIC. That 12/09/21 order is still scheduled for 3/28 production so hopefully by June or July I'll take delvery.

Here's a quote from the article.

"Ford has lost 100,000 units of production due to 37 suppliers failing to provide parts as scheduled, the automaker told dealers in a meeting at the NADA Show here, according to three people present.

The issue has exacerbated Ford’s inventory woes that have left most dealership lots bare. Ford said it received 90,000 new-vehicle orders in January and another 72,000 orders in February, suggesting the company remains hampered by a backlog of orders amid production cuts. In February, some 33 percent of the company’s U.S. retail sales fulfilled previous customer orders."

https://usnewsmail.com/news/enterta...eir-starmer-for-saying-trans-women-are-women/

Last edited:
OP
OP
22OBX

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I love how he said there are no chips .. I'm build week 1/17 a limbo week. Our week legit only has 2 people who have picked up their bronco while build week 1/31 almost 100% of have picked up their bronco at the dealer and even build week 3/7 is getting more action than my week. There are chips. They just choose to add them to the broncos coming out the line instead of adding them to the broncos in the lot . Never getting another Ford again. Unreliable piece of shit company 😡
It’s an industry problem. They are all juggling chips and production. Good news here is they are pushing off dealer stock where it appears they will be pushing more chips to unfinished builds and and retail customer orders. According to this post, In February, some 33 percent of the company's U.S. retail sales fulfilled previous customer orders. By pushing dealer stock allocation and shifting chips to retail orders I would think would help us.

Sponsored
OP
OP
22OBX

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm not seeing this as good news as the demand is not going away and Ford and others may be dealing with the supply chain shortage well into 2023. . Nothing would surprise me anymore including my 7/20/20 reservation not arriving until next year. I'm glad now that I ordered a 2nd OBX minus the SAS/MIC. That 12/09/21 order is still scheduled for 3/28 production so hopefully by June or July I'll take delvery.

Here's a quote from a different article on the subject.

"Ford has lost 100,000 units of production due to 37 suppliers failing to provide parts as scheduled, the automaker told dealers in a meeting at the NADA Show here, according to three people present.

The issue has exacerbated Ford’s inventory woes that have left most dealership lots bare. Ford said it received 90,000 new-vehicle orders in January and another 72,000 orders in February, suggesting the company remains hampered by a backlog of orders amid production cuts. In February, some 33 percent of the company’s U.S. retail sales fulfilled previous customer orders."

https://usnewsmail.com/news/enterta...eir-starmer-for-saying-trans-women-are-women/
Quotes from the same article I posted. Looks to me they are shifting from dealer stock focus 67% of February production to producing more retail customer orders, 33% of February production. Using inventory and chips to produce customer orders.

OP
OP
22OBX

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is where my argument for a Bare Bones Bronco comes into play. I’ve said this multiple times on here.

Build a Bronco that has manual roll up and down windows, stock radio (no satellite, nav, etc…) manual transfer case, naturally aspirated engine (ford has several to choose from), manual parking brake, soft top (hard top optional later) no frills Bronco.

For me, you could even take away the lockers and put in LSDs in that Dana 44 bell housing. Making for even less computer chips. I’d like to say only offer it in a Manual Transmission, but that may be going too far for some people. Put 4.7 gears with the stock Badlands Suspension and 33s. Sasquatch not available. Rubber floors and MGV seats.

Call it the Apocalypse, since it doesn’t have too much tech to break on it.

I’d buy that type of Bronco. AND I know that it would be reliable as it wouldn’t have a lot of tech and too many sensors to go wrong. Anything that can be manual instead of electronic, should be on that model. Pulling out any chip that is not essential to safety equipment or operating the vehicle.

I’d pay between Big Bend to Black Diamond pricing for a stripped down vehicle like that. Make it an affordable Specialty Bronco similar to the Everglades or Raptor, but at pricing an everyday person can afford on a stretched budget.

@Ford Motor Company

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm starting to not buy the whole chip shortage thing. My neighbor ordered a jeep Wrangler 392 on 1/17/2022 and picked it up yesterday 3/12/2022. If Jeep can turn around custom Wrangler orders in 7 weeks why is it taking Ford so long with our Broncos? Chip Shortage, I don't think so. Jeep uses chips too.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is getting vehicles out of Ice Mountain a chip issue or a labor or issue? They clearly have chips as they are able to run production, but installing chips off of the production line takes specially trained labor.

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm starting to not buy the whole chip shortage thing. My neighbor ordered a jeep Wrangler 392 on 1/17/2022 and picked it up yesterday 3/12/2022. If Jeep can turn around custom Wrangler orders in 7 weeks why is it taking Ford so long with our Broncos? Chip Shortage, I don't think so. Jeep uses chips too.
It’s because Ford never expected to get 1.5 yrs worth of reservations in week 1 of taking reservations and then have to launch a from scratch vehicle in the middle of a global pandemic coupled with a supply chain crisis.

Jeep doesn’t have a backlog of orders in the 10s of thousands on the Wrangler and the 392 is basically an engine option. A year from now you’ll be able to put in a custom order and have a Bronco in 7 weeks.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is where my argument for a Bare Bones Bronco comes into play. I’ve said this multiple times on here.

Build a Bronco that has manual roll up and down windows, stock radio (no satellite, nav, etc…) manual transfer case, naturally aspirated engine (ford has several to choose from), manual parking brake, soft top (hard top optional later) no frills Bronco.

For me, you could even take away the lockers and put in LSDs in that Dana 44 bell housing. Making for even less computer chips. I’d like to say only offer it in a Manual Transmission, but that may be going too far for some people. Put 4.7 gears with the stock Badlands Suspension and 33s. Sasquatch not available. Rubber floors and MGV seats.

@Ford Motor Company
they would sell 5.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It’s because Ford never expected to get 1.5 yrs worth of reservations in week 1 of taking reservations and then have to launch a from scratch vehicle in the middle of a global pandemic coupled with a supply chain crisis.

Jeep doesn’t have a backlog of orders in the 10s of thousands on the Wrangler and the 392 is basically an engine option. A year from now you’ll be able to put in a custom order and have a Bronco in 7 weeks.
Yeah, Fords big complaint is a lack of CHIPS!

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

they would sell 5.
You really don’t think there would be a demand for something like that. I’d buy one I’m in a heartbeat over some of the other options available. The Everglades for one, I don’t even have the slighted interest in.

I am a minimalist and prefer reliability over comfort items. Now don’t get me wrong, I do love technology, when it is working properly. Do I like heated seats? Of course I do, but I don’t see it as a need in an off road vehicle.

I understand that it would be a narrow scope type of Bronco, but there are many that would buy it and many, if told today that they could have their Bronco built and delivered in the next 10 weeks, but it would have to be a minimal chip type of Bronco like I described, I’d bet you a coffee that more than five would be ordered 🤣

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Oh, and in that case Ford probably needs to admit the fucked up and took more orders than the could gave possibly fill in a timely manner. That's not a supply chain issues, that's called GREED at the customers expense.

Ford kept taking reservations and orders even when they knew there were supply chain issue and they had thousands of unfinished Bronco's sitting on Dirt mountain.

So, let's just admit it, it's easier to blame supply chain issue like a CHIP shortage than admit that that company fucked up. Well, Ford did actually kind of admit they fucked up. As of March 7th they stopped taking new orders to clear the back log, So at least there's that.
Sponsored