Sponsored

Ford Ranger Splash is back, will the Bronco get the limited-run colors as well?

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nostalgia, I owned a black ext cab ranger splash ack in the 90's for a while. 4L V6 5spd, was a nice driving truck. Peeled off the graphics to get a nice monochrome look.
Sponsored

ATHIKER

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is most interesting that Ford was emphatic that the discontinued colors for Bronco would no longer be available for the ordered MY21's pushed to MY22 but they can offer limited batches of a special color for Ranger? Just something else to irritate the delayed Bronco owners

Machine Gun Fury

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is most interesting that Ford was emphatic that the discontinued colors for Bronco would no longer be available for the ordered MY21's pushed to MY22 but they can offer limited batches of a special color for Ranger? Just something else to irritate the delayed Bronco owners
I'm sure that we will see the deleted colors again as a special color. But timing is everything. It would suck to miss AMB because you got pushed to MY22 for them to offer it again as a "special edition" right after you take delivery of your compromised color choice Bronco.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

wait, so the Ranger isn't getting an overhaul for 22?

Sponsored

Sponsored

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been waiting for a nice gloss orange to drop for the Bronco, but the prospect of having to pay thousands more for it since it's a "Special Edition" pains me.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah I get that, but remember Bronco/Ranger share the line so there are only soo many colors aka (12). In this case cyber orange is being used.
Yes, this is an interesting use of the (As far as we know) last color robot at MAP. Not many people were PUMPED with the initial Bronco color pallet as a whole so this, plus the recent changes to MY22 Bronco are breathing some much-needed life into the appearance and heritage of the brand.

Utilizing the last paint option for short-run limited editions that (I would guess) rotate between Bronco, Ranger, Bronco-Warthog special editions/colors is a great way of keeping a little momentum in sales for those willing to stump up some extra bucks and excellent at keeping unique interest for the lower take-rate colors/options simply due to cost.

Seems like a nice attempt to keep Rangers moving down the line in the last model year of the current Gen.

Once they fully reveal what the '23 is going to look like (especially the interior), I think a lot of people will want to wait for that.
Agree.

As is typical, last model run tend to get a little something that's not too expensive to eek out the last revenue of a model.

The 5th Gen Ranger is fantastic for folks who don't really want the pseudo butch tough-guy look that American trucks typically have (speaking as someone with a '19 MY Ranger Lariat in our garage). Which, of course, means it's been mostly negative reviews for the global truck here in the US. A fully "US spec" fake tough-guy truck look will certainly increase sales, possibly as much as the size of the vehicle will likely grow! Why Ranger needs to be the size of what full sized trucks used to be is beyond me, but hey, I guess there's no place for small trucks (cough-cough, Maverick, Santa Fe) when the massive trucks sell so well.

wait, so the Ranger isn't getting an overhaul for 22?
6th Gen Ranger was initially panned for 2022 but the entire topic has been a ghost town from Ford so the expectation is it moves to MY23, but there's no solid word on this either (Check Ranger5G and Ranger6G forums for specific info on that), so it's possible 6th gen could be a MY23 or MY24 model as there's no info on the matter.

It absolutely makes sense, considering how poorly new vehicles roll out when global supply chains are in shambles. How many new launches do you want to see fail? Guessing Ford has lost billions on these things in the past 2 years.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here is a little known "Splash" the the SVT engineers put together in 2001-02 era. The entire drivetrain is Ford Lightning. The 5.4L supercharged V8, 4R100 trans, 9.75" rearend. The rear wheels were factory Lightning wheels widened to 12".
lbI34a9Pg7NacAW4YrZaGuxiHaOyyQPh4G1VjoadRTOlGA2JhU.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

2002_ford_ranger_lightning_bolt-1.jpg

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They're going to have to do something, Nissan just absolutely killed it with the new Frontier. I just built one on their BnP and it has EVERYTHING.
Not sure I'd say "killed it." Somehow, the interior still looks 10-15 years old to me.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not sure I'd say "killed it." Somehow, the interior still looks 10-15 years old to me.
If it has a Nissan badge on the outside, it's going to have the "GM of Japan" interior to go with it on the inside.

Those two companies just have no clue how to implement an interior.

The Frontier also benchmarked against dated offerings and will be curious to see how well it does against modern vehicles since it was the low-cost entry option since what, the mid 1990's and hasn't moved the needle much with the all new warm-over version they released.

At least the new motor had one model year in the two-decade old model so you won't have to deal with the $1,400 "Dual cooler".... Combining a radiator and the transmission cooler was a questionable decision which ended poorly when it inevitably cracked, contaminating both fluids at once.
Sponsored