Sponsored

Ford Ranger Splash is back, will the Bronco get the limited-run colors as well?

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I don’t envision many on here switching to a Nissan soon…
Do you envision any switching to a Ranger Splash? People can hate all they want but if the new Frontier is as reliable as last gens then they just built the best midsized truck on the market.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure I'd say "killed it." Somehow, the interior still looks 10-15 years old to me.
What midsized truck has a better interior? All that's left is Ford and Chevy. Toyota isn't even in the conversation as far as material or aesthetics.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you envision any switching to a Ranger Splash? People can hate all they want but if the new Frontier is as reliable as last gens then they just built the best midsized truck on the market.
Ford Bronco Ford Ranger Splash is back, will the Bronco get the limited-run colors as well? 1630545651517

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They built the old one for what, 16 years? I'd hope they got it reliable.

What midsized truck has a better interior? All that's left is Ford and Chevy. Toyota isn't even in the conversation as far as material or aesthetics.
It just looks dated.

It may slightly surpass current offerings, but Ford for example has the "all in" (not warmed over ROW model) next-gen Ranger coming out.

My point is, it doesn't seem like they tried to push any envelopes further inside, they just met the existing competition and called it a day.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They talk about one-time color offerings is confusing - on one hand, it sounds as if if it could lead to unique colors that could be paired with Bronco. BUT, with them talking about a "Snow Edition", it sounds as if it's just going to be one time applications per color. i.e. Cyber Orange is one. Snow Edition (white) is another. "Ocean Edition" using Velocity Blue may be another, etc.......using the colors in the existing palette.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, what color is that Splash Ranger? Everyone keeps saying it is Cyber Orange, but it looks like Twister Orange (from the Mustang) to me.

Until the upgrade the Ranger with the MT from the Bronco I'm not interested though. I'd buy a stupid Taco before I would buy an auto-magic Ranger.

Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here is a little known "Splash" the the SVT engineers put together in 2001-02 era. The entire drivetrain is Ford Lightning. The 5.4L supercharged V8, 4R100 trans, 9.75" rearend. The rear wheels were factory Lightning wheels widened to 12".
lbI34a9Pg7NacAW4YrZaGuxiHaOyyQPh4G1VjoadRTOlGA2JhU.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

2002_ford_ranger_lightning_bolt-1.jpg
Now that would be insane.

I'd gladly take a Cyclone too

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everything? I am intrigued. Which trim level comes with the Stick Shift?
If manuals sold they would still be building vehicles with them. A modern automatic is superior in every way...and yes I can drive a manual, learned in a 1994 Z28 with a 6 speed.
Sponsored