Sponsored

Will the Bronco get Active Drive Assist?

BoostedBronco

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford Bronco Will the Bronco get Active Drive Assist? 1592477311161

This system was just announced today by Ford and it looks like it's their answer to Tesla AutoPilot and GM Super Cruise. They only announced that it is coming to the Mach-E but stated that it will come to more vehicles in 2021. For the Mach-E, you'll need to buy the Active 2.0 Pre Package that has all the hardware, and then you'll have to buy a separate software package in late 2021 called Active Drive Assist to actually give you the hands free driving capability. Like GM Super Cruise, it only works on certain highways and can be updated over-the-air.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...ot360-technology-adds-hands-free-driving.html

I know many will say "I don't want that" and "I ain't letting no computer drive my ride" but it would be great to have it as a standalone option for the people who do.
Sponsored

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m not interested either. In other news, I wonder if the nanny tracking device (Telematics) can be unhooked without the vehicle getting angry.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
This will be a thread full of useful discourse and respect... :ROFLMAO:

I won’t pay extra for features like this but I’ll take the stock ones and happily use them. (Lane assist, blind spot monitors)

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Serious question: Is there a brand/vehicle out there that make the "active drive assist/self driving yada yada yada" feature with a standard gas/diesel engine? Ive only know for these to be in full electric vehicles. So if it were to be in the Bronco, I'd imagine it would only be an option for the all electric one down the road.

JTL2017

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano...sadly
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Serious question: Is there a brand/vehicle out there that make the "active drive assist/self driving yada yada yada" feature with a standard gas/diesel engine? Ive only know for these to be in full electric vehicles. So if it were to be in the Bronco, I'd imagine it would only be an option for the all electric one down the road.
Cadillac ct6 and the upcoming escalade have the super cruise drive assist feature.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cool, now we can be just like tesla drivers ....... set and watch it drive us right into the highway divider. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Great, something else to break.

edit: I meant to write a pun and say "something else to brake" but I guess my brain wouldn't let me do that :LOL:

Last edited:

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i want to know why the frick heck they putting computers in the gosh dang cars. i just want a box with wheels, engine, and a snowplow. maybe an airbag if you want to get fancy, not a robot.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a feeling the bronco will come with Ford 360 bass from the factory(back up camera Blindspot monitoring etc.) then full for 360+ as a package option (adaptive cruise control, collision avoided braking, Park assist, lane keep assist and more.)

but full hands-free driving? (Like Tesla and Cadillac?) I believe Ford said that is the biggest area that got cut due to Covid. You will see it in Lincolns before you see it in a bronco.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a feeling the bronco will come with Ford 360 bass from the factory(back up camera Blindspot monitoring etc.) then full for 360+ as a package option (adaptive cruise control, collision avoided braking, Park assist, lane keep assist and more.)

but full hands-free driving? (Like Tesla and Cadillac?) I believe Ford said that is the biggest area that got cut due to Covid. You will see it in Lincolns before you see it in a bronco.
That feature costs $7k on a Tesla.