Sponsored

How well will Bronco with Sasquatch drive and handle on the streets ?

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tires are also important... It's why I always get load range C tires. The bfg k02 made for the raptor drives Supreme... A load range d version... Drives like shit.
^^^
Way too often overlooked when shopping for up-sized tires, IMHO. Especially when looking at "large for the vehicle size" tire, which most here are.

They picked the wrong tires for the bronco.
Based on what? I haven't seen enough detail released yet for me to make this call.
Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

*Samsquanch

Yelie

First Edition
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 MINI JCW, 2019 Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

this is why i plan to have 2 sets of wheels/tires. i do that with my fj40, when i travel more then 30 mins i jack her up and swap em out. a world of difference if you have the ability/space/$$
I was thinking the same thing!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

^^^
Way too often overlooked when shopping for up-sized tires, IMHO. Especially when looking at "large for the vehicle size" tire, which most here are.

Based on what? I haven't seen enough detail released yet for me to make this call.
Think he's stating being impartial to BF Goodrich off road tires. In this case he is correct. Goodyear Wranglers don't come close to BFG AT or MT; not opinion, just look at the testing results. Skill of the driver never takes a back seat (pun), but why struggle when you can have the tires work for you?

Last edited:

Goocci gang

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jlu
Your Bronco Model
Base
^^^

Bfg k02 should be the default tire. One of the only 35s on 17s that come in load range C. And is renowned in the offroad community

Sponsored

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think he's stating being impartial to BF Goodrich off road tires. In this case he is correct. Goodyear Wranglers don't come close to BFG AT or MT; not option, just look at the testing results. Skill of the driver never takes a back seat (pun), but why struggle when you can have the tires work for you?
Haha, okay, that makes sense. Since I'm sticking with the manual trans, I'm stuck with the dinky 33s :LOL:. I'm expecting to choose the BFG K02s. But, I'll consider the Goodyears at the same size. Unless I'm mistaken they are a new tire that is not currently available. At least I've not heard of Goodyear Wrangler Terrains before. So, maybe they will be a pleasant surprise. I know there are some decades of precedent for the Wranglers, but... maybe?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Think he's stating being impartial to BF Goodrich off road tires. In this case he is correct. Goodyear Wranglers don't come close to BFG AT or MT; not option, just look at the testing results. Skill of the driver never takes a back seat (pun), but why struggle when you can have the tires work for you?
Well, we don't have testing results on this new Terrain M/T.

sparsons

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If it drives anything at all like my Raptor, then I will be very happy. The Raptor drives amazingly well on the road, despite its big tires (same size as the Sasquatch tires) and big shocks. Iā€™m hoping Ford is taking some of the lessons learned from the Raptor and played it to the new Bronco.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, we don't have testing results on this new Terrain M/T.
Don't need any results on them man, they're a custom tire. I'm sure they don't suck, but BFG KO2 is beyond reproach. Just like the Michelin Pilot Super Sport is the best performance street tire ever made; no debate.

Goodyear Wranglers are just fine, but they're not king of the hill. All we're saying, but as you state, we will see.

Last edited:

Goocci gang

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jlu
Your Bronco Model
Base
If it drives anything at all like my Raptor, then I will be very happy. The Raptor drives amazingly well on the road, despite its big tires (same size as the Sasquatch tires) and big shocks. Iā€™m hoping Ford is taking some of the lessons learned from the Raptor and played it to the new Bronco.
Raptor uses 35x17 bfg K02s in load range C. I have the specific raptor bfgs on my jeep. By far the best 35 inch tire for any rig that doubles as offroad capable and daily driver

Sponsored

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ve said it elsewhere, but I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed when they drive this thing. Not to dissuade anybody, but youā€™ve gotta have realistic expectations. IFS isnā€™t a cure all. Youā€™re still on suspension made to function really well off road, and large tires, with a roof that comes off.
I personally really like my D2. Itā€™s a solid front axle design from the 60ā€™s, rides like crap and has worn out leather seats. It leaks from every piece of glass and the wind noise is horrendous. But I donā€™t drive it because I want a smooth, quiet ride. I drive it because I love the way it makes me feel.
Just be realistic in your expectations. Itā€™s not a crossover with a car suspension.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As a former Jeep owner I will agree that "it rides like a Jeep" is a phrase new Jeep owners should familiarize themselves with. Mine was a 95 with 2 inch body lift and 33's. It was fun to drive around town. Loved it. The mild off roading I did was fun. But I took it on one road trip to a college football game where I had to drive 2.5 hrs each way. Miserable. It was awful. That set up was not meant for freeway driving.
I never thought about the Drive feel on road on a Jeep would be that Awful. Ofcourse Jeep look soooo cool I always wanted one.

Hope Bronco does not disappoint in the Drive quality on road. ?

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I get him saying that, but in his statements, there's the rub, "when speeds get high". Unless you're in the desert with minimal washboard tracks, there is no speed gets high off road. Speeds get high on the freeway when traveling to off road, not during. Well, unless you're stupid or have a sponsor paying for your rig; you know, like Ford factory drivers filming a Bronco commercial.

The off road motto is simply stated: As slow as possible and only as fast as necessary. Even on the highway, bombing a Wrangler or this Bronco at 80mph with 35s sitting on a lift is not smart. Sure, you can do it, but should you?

Think about how poorly you normally watch guys drive, now lift that and take away downforce.....
This in a mischaracterization of what he's saying. The IFS will give the Bronco better ride quality at all speeds, but it will be particularly noticeable at higher speeds when the suspension is really working. The coilover setup and position sensitive dampers will bottom out less and provide a more controlled experience compared a Wrangler, and possibly any other off road oriented truck not named Raptor.

I hate when people saying "off roading" when what they mean is "rock crawling." That old trope about as slow as possible is ridiculous in most situations. A lot of off roading is cruising down a trail at 20-40 mph. The Bronco will excel in that situation and be noticeably better than a Wrangler because of IFS.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This in a mischaracterization of what he's saying. The IFS will give the Bronco better ride quality at all speeds, but it will be particularly noticeable at higher speeds when the suspension is really working. The coilover setup and position sensitive dampers will bottom out less and provide a more controlled experience compared a Wrangler, and possibly any other off road oriented truck not named Raptor.

I hate when people saying "off roading" when what they mean is "rock crawling." That old trope about as slow as possible is ridiculous in most situations. A lot of off roading is cruising down a trail at 20-40 mph. The Bronco will excel in that situation and be noticeably better than a Wrangler because of IFS.
Have you ever been off roading or crawling? If in your own vehicle you tend to move slow. It saves your rig. Obviously Iā€™m not talking about some easy flat dirt trail. If it has corrugations or is rocky, slowing down saves you form banging your ride.

This forum is full of people who will have their first real experiences in this Bronco they buy. No need to speak to the experienced guys much now is it?

If this is new to you, or you donā€™t absolutely have confidence in your ability (have training), yes, go slow as possible.

If you want to show off in your own rig thatā€™s stock, knock yourself out, but most guys on here will pay a terrible price for doing so just based on watching marketing and YouTube videos. Honestly, most guys on YouTube speak to being conservative.

Know what YOU are doing, then great, but these forums are educational just enough to encourage folks to get out there, but to get trained most importantly.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For many years my daily driver was a stock leaf spring CJ7 with 31" AT tires. It rode nice compared to my buddies with suspension lifts and big mud tires. My newer coil spring Jeep TJ with heavier 33" mud tires rides worse than the CJ7.

You will pay a penaly in terms of handling/comfort/power with the bigger/heavier tires and suspension to control them. How much we won't know for sure until test drive. Generally speaking though, 35" mud tires seem a not so good match for a daily pavement driver.
I canā€™t wait to see some knucklehead driving Boggers down the road like itā€™s the 90s.
Sponsored