Sponsored

Deleted member 49144

Is that factory harness inside the driver side fender well there on models that didn't include the tow package? Mine is a '22.
i am wondering same exact thing. I wired the 4 PIN from the front all the way to the back by myself. As a matter of fact I started I thread in here when I went through it. It was a pain in the ass, but more tedious than anything if you do it right. Then go figure this comes out.

it’s also my understanding that the factory tow package comes with a 4 and 7 pin. So I believe this would be for a vehicle that did not come with tow package from the factory. Hopefully someone can clear that up.
Sponsored

WilVis

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered this with the install. Hopefully my less than helpful dealership doesn’t try to add a zero to the $120 install price. They wanted to charge close to $1k for labor when my brother ordered the original 4 pin kit.

Having a 4/7 pin with a hitch would be really nice. My Maverick’s tow package even included a brake controller.

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does this include a trailer brake controller?

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

SuperFLY91

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco WT Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m a DIY kind of guy but $120 for installation as listed I would just pay it.
It's $280 for the harness, plus $120 for install. I mathed that out to $400 for a harness only, no reciever hitch. I paid $90 for my harness and install took an hour. All plug and play, no splices. DIY for the win on this one.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zakm

Zakm

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that factory harness inside the driver side fender well there on models that didn't include the tow package? Mine is a '22.
Yes, mine didnt come with factory tow package. Ford has everything ready to add.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I put on myself an Amazon hitch which was $70 I think and curt wiring for $90 or around there. It’s only the 4 pin wiring which is what my trailer uses but this other 7 pin option might allow other trailer options even though the weight limit does limit options.

It's $280 for the harness, plus $120 for install. I mathed that out to $400 for a harness only, no reciever hitch. I paid $90 for my harness and install took an hour. All plug and play, no splices. DIY for the win on this one.

SGXIX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, I put on myself an Amazon hitch which was $70 I think and curt wiring for $90 or around there. It’s only the 4 pin wiring which is what my trailer uses but this other 7 pin option might allow other trailer options even though the weight limit does limit options.
Did you wire the curt 4 pin cables to the battery or there was harness behind the driver side fender?

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Did you wire the curt 4 pin cables to the battery or there was harness behind the driver side fender?
The Curt requires separate power from the battery to power the blinker to brake conversion box since the 4 pin uses the same wire for brakes and turn signals.

SGXIX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Curt requires separate power from the battery to power the blinker to brake conversion box since the 4 pin uses the same wire for brakes and turn signals.
I believe you can splice them if there are wires behind the fender. @BudgetBronco I believe you mentioned this before that we could wire behind fender as well vs going all the way to the battery.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I believe you can splice them if there are wires behind the fender. @BudgetBronco I believe you mentioned this before that we could wire behind fender as well vs going all the way to the battery.
As long as the 12v wire has the current capacity and connected to an adequate sized fuse, you are correct. I’ve always run the wire straight to the battery. It comes with an inline fuse near the battery end.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To the battery and taillight plug in type. Not sure if dealer installing this 7pin harness allows tow mode thru the menus?

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

To the battery and taillight plug in type. Not sure if dealer installing this 7pin harness allows tow mode thru the menus?
According to the write up it does including disabling blis.

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered with my FordPass points for the installation, thanks OP!

Discusman68

Outer Banks
First Name
Travis Bates
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer quoted me 800$ to get installed

QUOTE="Hdscreens, post: 2037291, member: 23063"]
[/QUOTE]
Sponsored