First Name
Travis Bates
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
[my dealer quoted me over 800$ for the wire harness and install!! I decided to pass

QUOTE="WilVis, post: 2038286, member: 28015"]
I ordered this with the install. Hopefully my less than helpful dealership doesn’t try to add a zero to the $120 install price. They wanted to charge close to $1k for labor when my brother ordered the original 4 pin kit.

Having a 4/7 pin with a hitch would be really nice. My Maverick’s tow package even included a brake controller.
[/QUOTE]
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zakm

Zakm

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, its really not that hard to install. It will take about 3 hours of your day, which is mostly taking the fender wells out with their 3000 push pins and removing the left rear panel which will just pop out once everything is removed from around it. Once you get access its a breeze by just routing the wire and plugging the terminals. If a dealer is charging so much, see how much it will be just for programming. Normally its $100 dollars for programming and will only take 15 minutes. Otherwise forscan is the cheaper route, but I understand if your not comfortable adjusting the ECU. If only ford would have given a credit for dealer install from the order banks when they couldn't deliver, we would not be going this route.

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's $280 for the harness, plus $120 for install. I mathed that out to $400 for a harness only, no reciever hitch. I paid $90 for my harness and install took an hour. All plug and play, no splices. DIY for the win on this one.
I’m assuming your are talking about the 4 pin not the 7 pin with the 4 pin correct?

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, its really not that hard to install. It will take about 3 hours of your day, which is mostly taking the fender wells out with their 3000 push pins and removing the left rear panel which will just pop out once everything is removed from around it. Once you get access its a breeze by just routing the wire and plugging the terminals. If a dealer is charging so much, see how much it will be just for programming. Normally its $100 dollars for programming and will only take 15 minutes. Otherwise forscan is the cheaper route, but I understand if your not comfortable adjusting the ECU. If only ford would have given a credit for dealer install from the order banks when they couldn't deliver, we would not be going this route.
did you also install the brake controller? I am asking because i am wondering if it just plugged into this Module?

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So pretty much 7 pin for $425 with installation included. Kind of difficult to justify price difference for 4 pin I got from Curt for $55...
So does a 4 pin for $55 do all the stuff the 7 pin kit will?
did you also install the brake controller? I am asking because i am wondering if it just plugged into this Module?
i have a bluetooth brake controller

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zakm

Zakm

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes and the brake controller is plug and play under the dash and wherever u want to put the button

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So does a 4 pin for $55 do all the stuff the 7 pin kit will?

i have a bluetooth brake controller
No the 4 pin only has left turn, right turn, parking and brake lights. The seven pin adds brake controller ( which you don’t need since you have the Bluetooth one ) but it also adds a power pin for charging batteries while your going down the road such as in a RV , or if you have a battery say on your flat bed that controls a winch or something.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree, it requires programming.
It does require programming, but the dealer program will update all modules so that the tow will actually function exactly the same as factory installed. This kit is THE way to go to tow with your Bronco. You can also install a $230 trailer bake kit that integrates with the Bronco brakes and works pretty much as factory installed trailer brakes.

Philyn8iv

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Edge, Mitsubishi 3000GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How did you get discount to apply? says $300 minimum order amount.
I ordered and selected dealer install. That puts you over the $300 threshold. So harness with install after discount was $339 and they did activate the trailer sway control feature. You cannot pass that up.

Sponsored

SGXIX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered and selected dealer install. That puts you over the $300 threshold. So harness with install after discount was $339 and they did activate the trailer sway control feature. You cannot pass that up.
The over $300 threshold is for parts only, not service.

SGXIX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It does require programming, but the dealer program will update all modules so that the tow will actually function exactly the same as factory installed. This kit is THE way to go to tow with your Bronco. You can also install a $230 trailer bake kit that integrates with the Bronco brakes and works pretty much as factory installed trailer brakes.
any idea if it will mess with forscan changes after diy subwoofer addition?

Last edited:

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

what stuff can I do with 7 pin? that I don't know
Electric trailer brakes, reverse lights, 12v to the trailer.

SGXIX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes and the brake controller is plug and play under the dash and wherever u want to put the button
are you sure? installation cost for brake controller is $252. Doesn't sound like simple plug and play...
Sponsored