R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably was a bad move financially to buy a new Bronco in 1966 when they came out. $2400 for a car with no doors! You know, depreciation and all.

Original MSRP: Base Price $2,480

Now
Average Retail: Base Price $30,300 Options

High Retail: Base Price $64,100 Options

Low Retail: Base Price $17,500 Options
Not bad, but if they had bought a 1200 used car and invested the remaining 1200 in S&P they would have about $250K...
Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To Dream the Impossible Dream šŸ˜‰

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a question on the March 19th deadline. I converted to order on March 19th. Does the deadline include the 19th? Or does by the 19th mean orders converted end of day on the 18th?
'by' includes the time period referenced. By March 19th includes the entire day, you are included.

By September included all of September
By Tuesday includes all of Tuesday
By 5 PM means that 5:00.00 PM is included, but one millisecond after (5:00.00.001) is one millisecond late

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My eye twitch at the time from reading the same didn't clear up until recently, hence the lateness for my posting the definitive resolution to the debate.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Itā€™s not that people have to, itā€™s that sometimes people want to. Iā€™m paying 0.9% over 2 years for my used Beemer, plus I just want to pat it off faster. BTW I put 15k down too. If my hubby keeps fighting my Bronco purchase I might pay cash and sell it to someone who really wants one without the huge markup. Itā€™s the sales tax that will kill me. Iā€™m ok with paying taxes but sales tax is the one I have a problem with,
My lovely state (Indiana) nails you with sales tax at purchase, excise tax at registration and state tax on gasoline also.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Regardless of your chosen approach to car buying, just ask yourself, for your age, stage of life and income level:

Do you have an emergency fund with 6-12 months of living expenses?

Do you have a home savings plan or a home your paying on?

Do you set money aside every month for retirement, in case you don't get hit by the proverbial bus?

If you have kids or are planning to have kids, do you have, or have plans for a college savings plan?

Now, based on those answers, is your chosen approach to car buying the right one?
Do I have a spare 50K laying around? No.

Yes

401K, Pension and savings.

Kids are stupid.

Duh.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are missing a key piece of this puzzle. Depreciation. Your investment must out pace the depreciation of the financed asset. Take advantage of the cheap loan rates but you must consider the depreciation for the equation to work.
My 2013 truck value just went up $6000 while I'm sitting here waiting on my Bronco. Depreciation is not a thing right now. It's kind of important to look at the current market situation. We are not going to be out of this shortage crisis for a long time due to the domino effect and the "just in time" method Ford uses to build vehicles. Toyota, who invented and perfected just in time building, actually stock piled enough chips to last up to 6 months. They were the only ones not hit by this shortage.

When a huge dealer in my area has 24 cars on the lot, there is a massive supply problem. I would not worry about depreciation at the moment.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Obviously, BY September means through the end of October. Have you learned nothing?

Also Mod top means MIC top which means switch to soft top :LOL: . You've been here long enough to understand Ford's codes by now.

BandofEskimoBrothers

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah... Ford has all the leverage. They will sell every bronco they build, regardless of whether it is a reservation or not. They arent going to give away interest on financing because you are frustrated with production scheduling.

Sponsored

HOOTERVILLE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F150, 15 MALIBU, 07 STREETGLIDE, 22 Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not bad, but if they had bought a 1200 used car and invested the remaining 1200 in S&P they would have about $250K...
I wasn't saying there weren't better places to put your money, just suggesting that buying a 1st gen Bronco was not a horrible investment. I think a buyer should have bought the new Bronco back then, took the top off, and enjoyed it for 50 years. He should also have worked some overtime shifts, embraced the debt, and bought a Shelby GT350, drove the piss out of it for 50 years, and sold it for 250K. Have your cake and eat it too!

Last edited:

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am amazed Jeep hasnā€™t come out with a 0% finance deal on the wrangler to try to get some bronco reservations to switch.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No vaccination of masks here. Cars in general are a terrible investment. If I had the money that I pissed away on cars over the years I could be retired right now.
Sponsored