First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Points to China, the country that locked-down a city and a province on a scale never before seen in this world
They also lied thru their teeth to the WHO and everyone else that person-to-person contamination was not occurring...leading to the WHO broadcasting that lie to the world in mid-January. So...yeah - points to the ChiComs for killing thousands
Sponsored

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have provided absolutely nothing to back up what you are saying, other than "you know someone". Why don't you do some research and come back and let us know what you found.
What exactly do you expect to see other than what's already in front of you? 242,000 active cases worldwide, nearly 10,000 deaths, and still growing exponentially. The only countries that have successfully slowed/stopped the virus have imposed strict lock-downs. The whole fucking point is that it's not a big deal right now but if we did nothing it will be.

And why the fuck would I buy toilet paper? I use bidets like every other civilized human being :)

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Then I have a question for you. Say you were showing symptoms, or like some of the idiots out there tested positive, would you intentionally expose your wife and child, or hell, just immediate family to it? Now imagine some of those are high risk. Would you intentionally expose them?
Well, unfortunately for me I have to expose my family to things much worse than COVID19 on a weekly or daily basis. Meningitis, bacterial flesh eating disorders, patients that threaten to kill us, super bacteria that's resistant to antibiotics, other unknown viruses, ect. I strip my clothes in the garage and get a shower before I get to sleep. But your original post was about "tin hatter's", not even about people with confirmed COVID19. You pretty much said that you would kill anybody who disagrees with what the media is reporting. Absolutely they should stay home and quarantine, just like everyone with any contagious disease should. Actually they shouldn't come into the doctor in the first place, not unless they are dying... best of wishes to your family, sincerely -BOR

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What exactly do you expect to see other than what's already in front of you? 242,000 active cases worldwide, nearly 10,000 deaths, and still growing exponentially. The only countries that have successfully slowed/stopped the virus have imposed strict lock-downs. The whole fucking point is that it's not a big deal right now but if we did nothing it will be.

And why the fuck would I buy toilet paper? I use bidets like every other civilized human being :)
Again, I've researched (not relied on the news) and provided everyone with facts here. You have not. With all of your "credentials", I'd think this would be second nature to you, but it's not. I dare you to provide facts to back up your claims.

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They also lied thru their teeth to the WHO and everyone else that person-to-person contamination was not occurring...leading to the WHO broadcasting that lie to the world in mid-January. So...yeah - points to the ChiComs for killing thousands
Completely unrelated to the fact that they locked down Wuhan and Hubei which effectively stopped transmission which is the whole fucking point.

Yes, China bad. Yes, if they had responded appropriately the world wouldn't be in the position it is now. How is that relevant to a conversation about the dangers of letting it spread unchecked in the US?

Sponsored

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Again, I've researched (not relied on the news) and provided everyone with facts here. You have not. With all of your "credentials", I'd think this would be second nature to you, but it's not. I dare you to provide facts to back up your claims.
OMG what are your facts? What facts do you want to see from me?

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excellent! I imagine what she tells you is pretty close to what I'm trying to communicate (poorly, it seems) on this board.

COVID19 is not going to kill you or your family because it's surprisingly mild unless you're old or at-risk and you develop viral pneumonia.

There's absolutely no reason to panic and start stockpiling supplies like it's the end of the world. The people doing so are idiots that create problems where there should be none.

The current number of cases throughout the US are manageable. We're doing fine, but with growing concern in Washington, San Francisco, Southern California, New York, and New Orleans.

If we don't implement strict mitigation measures, it's going to spread and lots of people are going to die.

The economy is probably fucked either way.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
effectively stopped transmission
According to the same folks who lied thru their teeth earlier. So...they either stopped transmission 100%....OR they stopped REPORTING transmission. You decide

NoBigDeal

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, unfortunately for me I have to expose my family to things much worse than COVID19 on a weekly or daily basis. Meningitis, bacterial flesh eating disorders, patients that threaten to kill us, super bacteria that's resistant to antibiotics, other unknown viruses, ect. I strip my clothes in the garage and get a shower before I get to sleep. But your original post was about "tin hatter's", not even about people with confirmed COVID19. You pretty much said that you would kill anybody who disagrees with what the media is reporting. Absolutely they should stay home and quarantine, just like everyone with any contagious disease should. Actually they shouldn't come into the doctor in the first place, not unless they are dying... best of wishes to your family, sincerely -BOR
Those were actually the people I was talking about. People exhibiting symptoms and some even testing positive that don't care. There was an interview yesterday with a nurse, of all people, that was exposed to it, started exhibiting symptoms, but was unable to get tested, because of a lack of testing kits. Instead of doing things like self quarantine, which has been suggested from the beginning, she lived her life like nothing was wrong. Continued to work in her hospital around sick patients until she went on vacation to Hawaii. She tested positive when testing was finally available.

As for the media, screw them. However there is a difference between the media and news. When someone from the CDC says "Hey folks, this is serious" I'm going to believe them over some randoms on the internet.
Sponsored