First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Debating on getting the Ford Tuner vs an aftermarket such as VR tune or FB4. Anyone have thoughts on advantages or disadvantages of each? I am currently planning to also add the AFE intake and pipes, mishimoto intercooler, and Corsa exhaust.
Sponsored

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Debating on getting the Ford Tuner vs an aftermarket such as VR tune or FB4. Anyone have thoughts on advantages or disadvantages of each? I am currently planning to also add the AFE intake and pipes, mishimoto intercooler, and Corsa exhaust.
The biggest advantage to the Ford Tuner is it is covered under warranty. It'll be more conservatives on gains, but still bring the vehicle alive.

The best way to look at this is, can you afford a new motor if it goes bad and proven to be the tunes fault?

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've got the biggest disadvantage. Voiding warranty.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey there!

The Ford Performance tune is one of two flash tunes out for these cars (as of right now & Whipple having the other one). The JB4/VR/other piggyback's work awesome but they do not have any transmission tuning & can void powertrain warranty if any isssues come up. With that being said, they are incredibly easy to install (legitimately 15 minutes) and make more power than the Ford Performance flash. We offer all of the above options at Lethal and have made videos on most of them. Check them out:

JB4 Dyno

Buckle Up Buttercup 2.3L Ford Performance Tune

Please let us know if we can assist in any way.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Negative - we've rain the Whipple tune on our FE since prior to it's release. It has never given us an issue and we've enjoyed the extra power.

Sponsored

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Negative - we've rain the Whipple tune on our FE since prior to it's release. It has never given us an issue and we've enjoyed the extra power.
How would you compare the transmission changes on the whipple tune vs ford tune?

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No issues at all and I've been running it for over a year now. The truck runs great with it.

Let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't as all of the mods you mentioned don't require a tune. I run the Whipple cal on my first edition which also has the Whipple high flow air filter and their Megacooler intercooler. The truck runs great with all of it and doesn't throw any codes.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How would you compare the transmission changes on the whipple tune vs ford tune?
I personally haven't driven a bronco with the FPP cal so I really can't compare the two. I run the Whipple cal on my first edition and it shifts much better than stock. Higher shift points and better shift logic in general.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

cam4usa

Badlands
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Badlands, 2022 Expedition Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tune is next on the list for me Iā€™m thinking. So far I have added the Injen CAI and the CVFab header-back exhaust kit, and added Sport GOAT mode. From those mods alone I feel this is so much better than stock so Iā€™m very excited to add the tune. While I have to wait on Whipple to catch up to the 2024ā€™s I have been questioning ā€˜which is betterā€˜ and factoring cost.

For Whipple, is the intercooler really necessary? Does it push the 2.7 that much further than Ford is to require the extra hardware? Your inputs are appreciated!

lethaljake

First Edition
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Tune is next on the list for me Iā€™m thinking. So far I have added the Injen CAI and the CVFab header-back exhaust kit, and added Sport GOAT mode. From those mods alone I feel this is so much better than stock so Iā€™m very excited to add the tune. While I have to wait on Whipple to catch up to the 2024ā€™s I have been questioning ā€˜which is betterā€˜ and factoring cost.

For Whipple, is the intercooler really necessary? Does it push the 2.7 that much further than Ford is to require the extra hardware? Your inputs are appreciated!
With any Turbo application, I would 100% say the intercooler is worth it. Necessary is gonna be up to the individual haha.

You want as much cool air as possible. Cooler air = more power!
It may be negligible to the driver of a difference, but it's power being left on the table nevertheless!
Sponsored