shop.middletonmotorsports.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Does it get rid of that accelerator lag? And
Allow the rev limit to improve?
Thats what I don’t like?
The accelerator lag is dramatically improved, and the best part is that it gets rid of automatic stop start. You still have the option to use the stop start button, but you don't have to push it every time get in the Bronco.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The accelerator lag is dramatically improved, and the best part is that it gets rid of automatic stop start. You still have the option to use the stop start button, but you don't have to push it every time get in the Bronco.
SOLD.
I could FORSCAN auto stop/start to be disabled, but I was already on the fence about the tune.
This seals it ;)

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That awesome! Ford should have made it unlock Sport mode on the Badlands and I would have already purchased haha

Sponsored

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The biggest difference I have seen is the stock tune seems to dislike boost. You can force it but it wants it gone as soon as possible. With the tune you get into boost quicker and it doesn't ramp off as dramatically as it does stock.

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have the 2.7 tune and the Ford Performance axle back exhaust. Definitely makes a difference. The exhaust is on the loud side though.....

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks very much for the video and the time trials. Good to see what the performance tune can do. The only problem I see if the need to use 93 octane. The price of 93 octane in illinois is astronomical and that is a real detractor at the moment. I plan to get it but not until (or if) gas prices drop to a more reasonable level. 🤞🏻

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks very much for the video and the time trials. Good to see what the performance tune can do. The only problem I see if the need to use 93 octane. The price of 93 octane in illinois is astronomical and that is a real detractor at the moment. I plan to get it but not until (or if) gas prices drop to a more reasonable level. 🤞🏻
This leads to a question I have. If not barking the tires at every stop light, will this tune improve mpg like higher octane does on many engines? I'm already sold with seeing how it can jump off the line and being able to calibrate tire size and nuking AS/S but an improved mpg would help justify the higher octane cost so just curious.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it really only 91 minimum? I'd consider at that as we have 91 & 93 where I live. 93 exorbitantly expensive though.
Ford spec is "premium" fuel. Nationwide, premium is 91 or 93 depending on region.

Ford defines "premium" fuel as 91+ in warranty:

Ford Bronco 2.7L vs 2.3L Ford Performance Calibration Tune on Bronco -- Dragy Acceleration Results & Comparison 1674839995524

Last edited:

Sponsored

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford spec is "premium" fuel. Nationwide, premium is 91 or 93 depending on region.

Ford defines "premium" fuel as 91+ in warranty:

Ford Bronco 2.7L vs 2.3L Ford Performance Calibration Tune on Bronco -- Dragy Acceleration Results & Comparison 1674839995524
Ah thanks, makes sense as when I had a GR86 it called for 93, but a lot of people were confused as 93 is not nationwide in USA.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With all of these tunes the object is not peak HP or 0-60, but the middle of the curve where you run most of the time, or use torque to off road or pull something. The fact that it smooths out transmission shifting is great also.

The dyno graph is most important, how much it ads in the middle, and how much faster the engine gets to those numbers.

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Got mine completed a few days ago, 2022 OBX 2 door 2.7.

He isnt wrong about jumping off the line. In fact, its a little unnerving the first few times. First time I did it going about 10mph and went full throttle, the front end lifted up so much that the steering was loose. The wheels were obviously not off the ground, but the front lifted up enough that the steering wheel was going left and right and the wheels were not getting good traction. Not sure if 4 wheel would be the same since a longer wheel base, but just be aware.

I'd like to hear from other 2 door owners to make sure Im not crazy. Several times I have done this, and its a bit surprising.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The biggest difference I have seen is the stock tune seems to dislike boost. You can force it but it wants it gone as soon as possible. With the tune you get into boost quicker and it doesn't ramp off as dramatically as it does stock.
Doesn't the stock tune significantly limit boost in 1st gear?

I remember reading somewhere that a second gear launch will net you a faster 0-60 on the stock tune.

That would add up to me with what's shown and being discussed here.

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Got mine completed a few days ago, 2022 OBX 2 door 2.7.

He isnt wrong about jumping off the line. In fact, its a little unnerving the first few times. First time I did it going about 10mph and went full throttle, the front end lifted up so much that the steering was loose. The wheels were obviously not off the ground, but the front lifted up enough that the steering wheel was going left and right and the wheels were not getting good traction. Not sure if 4 wheel would be the same since a longer wheel base, but just be aware.

I'd like to hear from other 2 door owners to make sure Im not crazy. Several times I have done this, and its a bit surprising.
Have fp tune on my 2dr and when flooring it from stop it squats big time and steering definitely gets lighter. Not to point where steering wheel actually wanders, but light for sure
Sponsored