Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All in all, great news. The Bronco occupies the smallest corner of my mind right now, it just isn't worth thinking about until action starts.

If my 2dr with a vin has some movement, then I will let myself get excited.

2ca7c15ee6b0c0a854d3924cd1164abe.jpg
never did I ever expect to see a Pootie Tang meme on here. Hot damn today's a good day indeed.

Ford Bronco Ford will start shipping new MIC hardtops, Broncos this week! 🚛 giphy (6) (14)
Sponsored

Last edited:

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I suspect the soft top advantage will continue until the 2nd MIC plant gets up and running in Q1 sometime, but that is just me guessing obviously.
I wonder if the emphasis on replacing 4 door hard tops both at dealers and on dirt mountain combined with soft-top production being prioritized on the production line maybe an opening for 2 door MIC 2.0 is created?

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interested to see what scheduling will look like for 11/1 until the MY switchover.

When will Ford make it right for 2-Door order holders. "Sorry you guys are still screwed until MY 22"?
I wonder if the emphasis on replacing 4 door hard tops both at dealers and on dirt mountain combined with soft-top production being prioritized on the production line maybe an opening for 2 door MIC 2.0 is created?

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
But what do they look like?

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
but then he said:

so which one is it? Testing has been completed? or they still need to do a water test? 🤦‍♂️

Seems pretty on par for Ford Communications thus far.
Testing the tooling of the roof has been done,. Then after new roofs are installed a water test will be done. So its both.

Bronco Drew

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler, 2008 Mustang Shelby
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great news it sounds like, mines been in dirt lot for 68 days.......

Wonder if when they take the old top off, some poor employee will find the 12 days of xmas living inside my Bronco......... 7 swans a swimming, 6 geese a laying.....5 golden water stain rings......... 4 calling birds ......... 3 french hens, 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree.......

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When we know, can someone post how we can tell the difference between a 1.0 and 2.0 Hardtop? I've seen pix of the 1.0 top, but wonder, specifically, what they've done to improve the top?

maricard

Badlands
First Name
Marc-Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great news it sounds like, mines been in dirt lot for 68 days.......

Wonder if when they take the old top off, some poor employee will find the 12 days of xmas living inside my Bronco......... 7 swans a swimming, 6 geese a laying.....5 golden water stain rings......... 4 calling birds ......... 3 french hens, 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree.......

man you killed me

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure I'm 100% good with this news. Why would they start shipping tops to customers who already have their Bronco before clearing out Dirt Mountain? Current owners are fine driving around for a bit longer with a "not perfect" top!
First in, first out...

those who already have a crappy top and are driving them should be replaced ..they already have paid for them.

just a note my bronco is just now being made..I have no skin in the deal

Sponsored

b1lf

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All right! Now where's the color matched roof with a sunroof? :ROFLMAO:

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Jetta, 14 Chevy SS, 11 Ranger, 06 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Amazing. If Ford was able to make that production modification correctly in that time, they should be able to apply those learnings to all facilities.

I am skeptical. However, if they did it, WELL DONE!

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does this change anything for any of us who don’t have a build date and have been told we likely will get a 22?

Unit91

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We didn't think they could do it, but they did. The scale of this operation will make for fun reading in the years ahead... I doubt there have been many other situations with tooling components being express airlifted to meet an impossible deadline.

Tooling was up and running Friday and from what I can tell they cranked all weekend. So far, no issues have been discovered. I don't believe they've officially been released for delivery but that should happen later this week.
They did it 2-3 years ago for the OEM who supplies IP cross car beams for the F150. Most recently last year for Borg Warner when their facility was hit by a tornado.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My comment was more intended to be a jab at Ford. Congratulation Ford, you FINALLY were able to do something in an acceptable timeframe. Nobody here is crediting them as if they haven't delayed things hundreds of times already. Keep moving the goalposts back, and they were bound to meet a date eventually. I'm just happy we have news that is positive for the first time in months instead of another disappointing setback
OK, gotcha! I think some similar comments were not so tongue-in-cheek, though. :sneaky:
Sponsored