Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Remember when 'timestamps' were the ONLY north star? I think FIFO is similar. With 3K-4K units to ship, I'd bet they'll load up transit by dealer load
It was FIFO to replace the tops. Then you have the logistics of moving the vehicles. Two different things.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And no news on those of us that got “pushed to 2022”. This doesnt help us at all. They could have said this will not affect 2022 MY orders or we are going to try to bump up 2022 MY. They need to communicate better than using these forums. They need to send emails to order holders and vin holders. Stop applauding this debacle, mission is far from accomplished here. Still a shit show if u ask me.
I’m trying to follow your logic. Word leaks that they are ahead of schedule on the hardtop effort and you’re pissy they haven’t announced that you could get your rig sooner?

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really hope they fixed the MIC 'rattle'. I was in a FE at Off-Rodeo and it was unbearable.
Agreed, this kind of thing can be a real mind twister that sours all. Let’s hope for the best.

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And no news on those of us that got “pushed to 2022”. This doesnt help us at all. They could have said this will not affect 2022 MY orders or we are going to try to bump up 2022 MY. They need to communicate better than using these forums. They need to send emails to order holders and vin holders. Stop applauding this debacle, mission is far from accomplished here. Still a shit show if u ask me.
What was your reservation day?

Sponsored

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m trying to follow your logic. Word leaks that they are ahead of schedule on the hardtop effort and you’re pissy they haven’t announced that you could get your rig sooner?
People are never happy. Mine is sitting at dirt lot so I’m just happy there is any news. I already told myself I won’t get it till nov so this news helps my 6/30 build

scotturich

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder dealers are allowed to sell the old tops that are being replaced. I wanted a hardtop but just didn’t want to wait another 6-8 months. I don’t care if the top has a few problems.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder dealers are allowed to sell the old tops that are being replaced. I wanted a hardtop but just didn’t want to wait another 6-8 months. I don’t care if the top has a few problems.
I highly doubt it.

Sponsored

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They said they're going to start shipping this week. That seems like timing information to me. Do you want a personalized email with the specific delivery date? Progress is good, let's be happy they're ahead of schedule for once.

Bluefoxgainzbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Fusion, 1988 Mustang LX Vert, soon to be Bron
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Updated with more info from @PREMiERdrum

We didn't think they could do it, but they did. The scale of this operation will make for fun reading in the years ahead... I doubt there have been many other situations with tooling components being express airlifted to meet an impossible deadline.
Tooling was up and running Friday and from what I can tell they cranked all weekend. So far, no issues have been discovered. I don't believe they've officially been released for delivery but that should happen later this week.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...rd-bronco-hardtops-ready-shipping/5754266001/

Ford confirms it will ship new Bronco hardtops, Broncos this week

September 7, 2021

Ford Motor Co. will start shipping this week thousands of new hardtop roofs to dealers waiting to replace the faulty ones on 2021 Broncos already delivered, the Free Press has learned.

Also, Ford will be installing the new tops in 2021 Broncos that have been held backthen shipping those vehicles immediately.

"Testing has been completed," said Mark Grueber, Ford Bronco marketing manager, told the Free Press on Tuesday. "We're ramping up production of the new roof and waiting for those units."

Customers should call their dealers to make arrangements.

Three weeks ago, Ford announced that it would replace all 2021 Bronco hardtops for customers and dealers after extreme water and humidity changed their appearance.

In addition, Ford held its massive supply of non-delivered vehicles in large lots as the manufacturing process evolved.

In early July, the Free Press first reported that the Webasto hardtop problems were disrupting production and delivery of a product the began with 125,000 orders.

Ford began shipping the hot new SUV from its Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne in mid-June. A combination of the chip shortage, COVID-19 challenges and supply chain issues combined with a manufacturing problem to create a high-profile headache.

"We’ve started the roof replacements on the hardtop. We’ll be continuing to ramp that up to replace the roofs on vehicles currently being held needing the new roof," Grueber told the Free Press. "Shortly, we’ll be starting to send the new roofs out to dealers for those vehicles that have already been delivered. We expect to be shipping the roofs and the Broncos with the new roofs within the week."

The only delay now, he said, is the time it takes to run all Broncos that have been sitting awhile through comprehensive inspection.

"We'll do a water test on the new roof as well," Grueber said. "We'll make sure they're ready for sale."
Any details re MIC tops for those of us that rec'd email from Ford stating d/t MIC top issues that we wouldn't be receiving a 2021? Appreciate your updates!!!

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would like to see the differences if any comparing the old tops to the new especially on the interior. I was going to opt for the headliner but since it's janky I'll just skip it when I reorder and hold out for Hotheads if need be.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs